Khorvarian Days & Knights [IC]

Juggernaut

First Post
The adventurous spirit in Tyler takes over and he decides to leave his post and hurries up to the waystation. As he gets to the door he announces his presence to the paladin as to not startle him if he hadn't heard the clanking of his armor approaching.

"Kolarred, It is I, Tyler. I have come to accompany you. I could not bear to watch you enter alone," whispers the young House Orien noble as he reaches the doorway.

Tyler has his Sharrash drawn and ready for combat. He follows the paladin to the stairs.

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Lyran and Zook both look at each other as they see the shifter slide into the stable. Here goes nothing! they seem to be thinking to each other. Lynx slides into the stable without a sound, and from within he can hear the whimpering and struggling of the figure at the front of the small building.

With Lyran's generous gift in his hands, he ever so slowly begins to unwrap the enlightened rock... and the blast of light that comes out immediately brightens the room. At the far end, Lynx sees the figure down on one knee trying depserately to fiddle with the ropes that bind his hands behind his back. Once exposed to the light, the figure immediately springs to his feet and spins around to the light... and the wizard sees a look of wild panic in his eyes, along with a wide gag tied off around his mouth.

The figure is a tall human... dark brown hair, pale skin, and wears an official-looking tunic that Lynx does not recognize.

((Knowledge (Local - Karrnath) [no untrained role allowed]))

The man strikes no recognizable chord with Lynx, so he assumes the same holds true the other way as well... but that doesn't stop the gentleman from stumbling forward with a look of pleading desperation.

'MMMNNNNNN!!! MMMMNNNNHHHNNN!!!'

He spins around to present his hands to Lynx in hopes that he might untie his binds. Lynx only takes a second to think...

((Sense Motive [15] + 6 = 21))

...before agreeing to the man's muffled request. He reaches up and pulls at the gag around the man's mouth, and with a slight effort the gag comes away.

'Oh thank the gods! Quick! Quick! We have to hurry--'

The man's voice immediately brings Zook and Lyran to look into the hole in the wall, so all three members of the party now see and hear him.

'I am Donoval Johns of the Karrnath Royal Swords! A prisoner of ours has been stolen by a band of highwaymen and have taken off in my wagon!'

He looks quickly in the eyes of all three men.

'My partner! Have you seen my partner?!? Aaron Lleir! We must go! We must find him and then find our quarry!'

**********​

Kolarred slowly takes one step at a time up into the second level of the waystation. Tyler follows along behind a few steps. Both men have their weapons drawn and try and step quietly as they mount the flight of steps. After a few seconds, they reach the landing of the second floor, and see that it curves back behind them and over the front room of the wyastation below.

Kolarred glances down the hallway, which ends in a small window adorned with another nearly burned out candle. On both sides of the hallway are two doors leading into presumably small bedrooms that travellers could stay in during the night. He turns back to Tyler, and sees the warrior looking intently at the floor further down the hall.

Kolarred ((Spot [3] + 1 = 4 / DC 10))
Tyler ((Spot [14] - 1 = 13 / DC 10))

Tyler slides forward past the paladin to the second door on the right and crouches down in front of it. With Kolarred following close behind, Du'Orien examines the floor in front of the door and sees a small puddle of smeared blood.

((Search [18] + 0 = 18 / DC 15))

He stands back up in concern, and turns to looks at the paladin. Only rather than also looking at the blood, instead Kolarred is staring intently at the door to the room. ((Detect Evil)) Kolarred's eyes grown wide with anger and without missing a beat, raises his foot and BASHES it against door... sending it ripping from it's hinges and collapsing in onto itself! Both men turn to look into the small room... and there they see huddled in a crouch in the corner... the bloodied, battered, still moving body of what was once a man, but is now a lifeless husk. The deadened eyes of the creature rise up and lock upon the two men, and with a strangled scream it stands up and shuffles forward to attack!!!

OOC: Kolarred and Tyler, please roll for initiative.

Zweischneid

First Post
'I am Donoval Johns of the Karrnath Royal Swords! A prisoner of ours has been stolen by a band of highwaymen and have taken off in my wagon!'

He looks quickly in the eyes of all three men.

'My partner! Have you seen my partner?!? Aaron Lleir! We must go! We must find him and then find our quarry!'

Intriqued, Lynx circles to the right of Donoval Johns, holding the lightstone up further to luminate the mans face to himself and his companions.

'How than would we recognize your partner? Well, I mean... no. We have not met anyone. The entire Waystation seems to be deserted but for you.'

Circeling yet farther around the mans back to get a look at his left side, the inquisitve shifter hesitates for just a moment, but quickly gives in to his overwhelming curiosity, stammering a few more questions in rapid succesion 'I.. We've noticed the wagontrails outside.. the rain, well.. how long have you been trapped in here anyways? How many highwayman did you see? And why in the Dark Six Name would highwaymen steal a prisoner? Who did you guard I mean.. and.. uh why is he a prisoner? Is that guy dangerous?'

Having stalked a full circle around the man during his barrage of questions, Lynx crouches down next to the little hole at the backside wall, illuminating the exit. His clawed fingers indicating Donoval to crawl out first, while the shifters feline eyes keep studying the man curiously from head to toe.

Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
Zook helps Donoval on his feet and waits on Lynx to squeeze his way back to open.
“Lynx you did well in there, you are truly skilled in moving swiftly, I must say I’m impressed” “but you are not that good in picking straws” *chuckle* Zook changes his appearance to the normal white one, while Lynx get on his feet,

Ooc:
I didn't intend for Lynx to leave the barn just yet. He'll wait for Donoval's answers and will assist him politely as possible (well, unless he's got a problem with shifters) to crawl out, but once he's in the care of Zook and Lyran, Lynx will likely have another look around the stable for anything unusual (including tracks of a possible fight, left items, etc..)

((Search d20(13)+5= 18 / Survival d20(9)+5= 14))

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Tyler & Kolarred:

The undead creature shuffles forward towards you both, a look of frightening hatred in it's eyes. You both notice that it wears a navy blue tunic with the image of a pair of silver swords crossed on the front. Kolarred, you recognize this...

((Knowledge Nobility [9] + 6 = 15 / DC 10))

...as the colors and symbols of the Karnnath Royal Swords, the country's national guard. Underneath his tunic you both also notice he wears a shimmering chain shirt that clinkles and chinks as it moves. In the far corner of the room, you see a disgarded longsword lying on a mattress on the floor.

The creature raises an arm and looks like it's about to swing at you!

>>>>>>>>>

OOC: The zombie is going in phase 11. Thus the initiative order is Kolarred, zombie, Tyler. The zombie is currently two squares away from you both (assuming you are both standing in the doorway). A 5' step is all that is required to engage with the creature, should you choose to. To save time, feel free to write your first 3 rounds of actions in invisible text in the post (with visible markers to indicate when each text block starts), if you want to. I have no problem doing posts round-by-round if you'd prefer (to step up more drama), but some people get bothered when they already know they are going to spend all their rounds attacking until the creature is dead. So when you write your first round posts, you can indicate whether or not you want to stop writing after the 1st round, or go ahead and post rounds 2 & 3 in invisitext. I leave it up to you. As an example of the 3 round invisitext type of post, here it is:

Round 1:

5' step to engage
((Attack machete [20] + 15 = 35 / Dam [23] + 23 = 46 points))

Round 2 (if needed):

5' step to flank if possible
((Attack machete [3] + 15 + 2 (flank) = 18 (or 20) / Dam [18] + 23 = 41 points))

Round 3 (if needed):

((Attack machete [1] automatic miss))

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
Koralled look at the poor man, what kind of evil transformed this proud warrior into such an abhoration. He hesitates to implore Dol Arrah to banish the undead but decide to end the poor men misery with his sword. Koralled charges on the zombie

(OOC MW long sword +8+2charge -4 power attack; +6 ; DMG 1d8+3+4power attack;AC21 -2 charging)

Last edited:

Remove ads