Khorvarian Days & Knights [IC]

Juggernaut

First Post
OOC: Before I can respond any further I need to know if we have actually started anew or if we are continuing from what Torillan started.

If we are continuing from Torillan's then I will have to strongly suggest that we move along to meet with my family's contact.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Lyran listens thoughtfully to Donoval's story, weighing all of the angles, and putting in his two cents whenever his expertise on religion is called for. After a while he point out:

"If we're dealing with the Blood of Vol, then I am certainly willing to help. Is there anything that indicates time is of the essence? If there is, then we should pursue this matter at once. D'Orien has other resources to pursue their goals that don't hinge on us. If time is of the essence, then we should help Sir Donoval find this prisoner, and put a stop to The Blood of Vol's foul plans. Of course, if we have ample time, then gathering our resources and making contact with House Orien for help, or just an exchange of information, thus giving us the chance to gather supplies, would certainly be in our best intrest. So what say you Donoval? Do we have time?"

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
OOC: My apologies for not being clear. We are still following Torillan's original plotline of the Du'Orien family that was given back on page 1. Everything I've been doing thus far has been in support of that plotline. Please consult the original post back on page 1 for remindful info of what the group is up to, because it might very well shade your current roleplaying and how you are dealing with Donoval Johns. Knowing that everything I'm doing is in support of the original plot may very well make connections for you that will help you out with clues and such.

Feel free to talk with Donoval Johns and ask specific questions of him, because more info might very well be forthcoming (especially if you make good chasmia-based skill rolls), and more things may become clear. Thanx all! Sorry for the confusion!

Zweischneid

First Post
Obviously deep in thoughts, Lynx slowly scratches his scalp and shuffles through the distribution of his equipment on the table before him.

'Ashen.. Ashen Spires? Where did I hear that one before?'

With a sudden flash of insight, Lynx darts for a disregarded piece of parchment on the far edge of the tables, sending quills and a heavy scrollcase clattering to the floor and surprised Cariosa jumping away him with an angry snarl.

'Thats it! The Orien agent at the Inn of Golden Embers. The map we're supposed to pick up! That place in the Spires would likely be the very same, wouldn't it? How many could there be? If it was once used by the Blood of Vol it would certainly be considered a templ....'

With a wince, the garrulous shifter bites his tongue, hoping he didn't spill any secrets of a dragonmark heir before the stranger. Guiltily he glances at the armored men in the room before snatching the quill from the floor and proceeding to scrawl notes and symbols onto an already heavily lettered piece of paper.

Tor L'Tha

First Post
Zook

Zook eyes goes from Kolarred to Lynx to Tyler and Lyran, watching if any of them reacted on the petition of doing something whit the undead.

"This now fugitive priest of the Blood of Vol, what is his name? how many do you think your attackers were?" That is something maybe I can figure out by searching the stable for tracks. "This Ron you mentioned was that the leader of the bandit group? What others tings besides a carriage, things of importance did you and Aaron carry? The Ashen Spires are north of here aren’t they?" Knowledge (local): Roll(1d20)+4: 8,+4 Total:12

Zook will wait to Donoval answers his cuestions, if Donoval know how many the attacker were he stays in the waystation, if not, he will go outside and inspect the stable for clues about how many the attacker were, their size and race out from the eventually footprints. Search: Roll(1d20)+8: 12,+8 Total:20

occ: minor changes.

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
Koralled looks at the men in front of him suspiciously

OOC Is Koralled convinced by the men answers? See my previous post 105

Why did the half-orc or other evil creature spared him? Maybe because he wanted us or others to know about their terrible secrets to lead us to a trap, or maybe this man is with them or in the best case these men showed some sympathy for him, which would have been a big mistake on their part.

Koralled will ask the soldiers about the details of the attack and will emphasis his questions on the fact that he is still alive. OOC Diplomacy +12, knowledge nobility +6, sense motive +6

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Donoval Johns rubs his forehead, weary with exhaustion. He begins speaking, and by all accounts from everyone in the room... his words ring true. He appears in too much pain and grief for this to be a facade.

'The priest's name was Horik Laan... a half-orc of quite some size, I would say. He was convicted of killing and then raising eighteen different people over a two year period. He's an evil, evil man and cares nothing for other people. I do not know much about The Blood of Vol, but if he is typical of their priesthood, then that entire organization should be torn to the ground, I say.'

Johns once more throws a hard look to Sir Kolarred, who still stands in the room still holding the dead body of Aaron Lleir... having made no attempts as of yet to do anything with it.

'Would you PLEASE do something with Aaron's body, sir!!! Don't just stand there! What are you planning to do with it... raise it from the dead yourself?!? By the gods...'

Before Sir Kolarred can answer, Johns turns away... grief having overtaken him. He cries softly for a few seconds to himself, and then wipes his eyes and recomposes himself. He turns back to the paladin.

'My apologies. That was foolish of me... curse my damn tongue. You are a man of the gods, and my accusation was out of line. Please forgive me. But please do something with my friend's body. If only he was taken by surprise as I was, he might have avoided his terrible fate.'

A pall of silence hangs in the air... until finally Lynx begins mumbling to himself as the items he was writing and reading begin to combine into a cohesive whole.

'Ashen.. Ashen Spires? Where did I hear that one before? Thats it! The Orien agent at the Inn of Golden Embers. The map we're supposed to pick up! That place in the Spires would likely be the very same, wouldn't it? How many could there be? If it was once used by the Blood of Vol it would certainly be considered a templ....'

Johns turns to face the wizard.

'I uh... do not know how many temples might be in the Ashen Spires... it is not a mountain one goes exploring on if one values his life. Did you say you are heading there as well? I myself wouldn't go there ordinarily... but if that is indeed where the men who jumped me are taking Horik Laan... I might have to, once I check in with the Swords.'

Zook then speaks up with some questions of his own.

'How many do you think your attackers were? This Ron you mentioned was that the leader of the bandit group? What others things besides a carriage, things of importance did you and Aaron carry?'

Donoval takes a large sigh and sinks further back in his chair.

'I don't know how many men attacked us in total unfortunately, because I was clocked over the head before even seeing any of them. I was an easy target, with all my attention on the carriage. All I have to go on is the number of voices I think I heard as I was groggy and being tied up. Three... maybe four? The only voice I recognized was Horik Laan's. He seemed relieved that he was being rescued...'

He takes a second to go back over the things he heard in his mind.

'Although now that I think about it... he didn't sound very happy after that. It might have been when I heard the Ashen Spires mentioned... I don't... hmm... if my wits are not deceiving me... although to be honest, I wouldn't put it past myself that they are, because I WAS knockered pretty hard... it seemed like the men who recsued him were talking about going there... finding a... TEMPLE! Yes! Yes, I think so! Thank you, my wizard! A temple, yes! Finding a temple and they needed the priest's help to get in!'

With eyes brighter, now that Lynx has inadvertently helped jog a clouded memory, he sits up and speaks to Zook.

'No, no... the name I heard wasn't "Ron"... the name I heard was "Rod". They were looking for... their friend "Rod", I think. And Laan was needed to help them find their... friend? Am I remembering that right? "Rod" was missing and Laan would be needed. I think that's what I heard. But that doesn't make much sense... how could some priest help them find a friend of theirs? House Tharashk would be a better choice to help find him.'

He shakes his head once or twice trying to clear it, and get a better handle on events that have transpired for the evening. He wearily gets to his feet and moves over to Tyler, who still holds Aaron's equipment.

'If you don't mind, gentlemen... it is late and my head still hurts. I think I should go to bed. I need to get some rest before heading out early tomorrow morning back to Vedykar to make my report. With the rain pouring down as hard as it is now, I know I wouldn't be able to catch up with the prisoner carriage this evening. Excuse me sir, but might I take Aaron's things? His sword, chain shirt, tunic and travelling papers will need to be returned to the Royal Swords. As far as his body... I would guess either bury him here or perhaps I will take him with me back to Vedykar myself. But tomorrow. I can worry about that then. If there are no other questions, I will take my leave of you this evening.'

And Donoval Johns waits a few more seconds to see if anyone else asks him anything before he turns and heads up the stairs to select one of the rooms to sleep in for the night.

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC Defcon 1 I assumed that you would be playing the dice, so I only put the modifiers

The totals are Diplomacy 7+12, Sense motive 10+6, knowledge nobility 5+6

Koralled goes outside search for somethign that could help him make a hole in the ground. He then bury the remains of the soldier accordingly to the Karnatth army tradition, perform a little prayer and goes back in.

Tor L'Tha

First Post
Zook, look on the others and says to all.

"Well seems we should go to the spires... our «thing» is there and this evil priest also. I supose we are taking that way arent we? "

Zook watch how Kolarred burns the body.... Cant these guys talk to dead people? All the same now. Maybe Kolarred or some else dont have that gift.

Saying to all agian. "I want to leave for the spires in the morning, lets se if we can follow the tracks of the priest and his rescue team." "How do you guys feel about it?"

Zook seems tired and he lays down on his winterblanket, he takes out a little flute and plays some easy songs... You all listens to the flute for a while and makes questions to Donoval (i asume), after a while you dont hear the flute no more, you see back and the chest of Zook goes upp and down in a slow and harmonic rythm, making you all a little tired and sleepy.

Zook dreams about a glass of stone that are somehow floating in the air. In the instant Zook reaches out for it, its disapear in a yellow cloud.

HU?! Oh i must have dreamed... he says sleepy and lays his head on the bakpack again. You all chukles a little seeing how deep this Changeling sleeps. Hu?! oh.. wake me for the last turn of guard. he says even more sleepy. This time his dream are more placent, he dreams with a changeling named S'h that is as sexy like the name, he sleeps well this time.

ooc: Zook asume that his friends will tell him all that happend while he was asleap. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads