Kingdom Lost - Episode 2 "Department 7"

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
"Might as well, can't figure out an easy way around it," James concedes.

The office is cozy and tight, and the TV is on a talk show as a thin faced man with slightly pointed ears and almond eyes plays with a deck of cards. He looks up at James and company and says gruffly with a Spanish accent, “Fifty-five bucks a pop, and we have hourly rates as well… so what do you want?”

Festy_Dog

First Post
James glances to the others then back to the man at the counter.

"Just looking for someone," he says, and fishes Rizzym's photo from his pocket, "This guy checked in recently?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
James glances to the others then back to the man at the counter.

"Just looking for someone," he says, and fishes Rizzym's photo from his pocket, "This guy checked in recently?"
The man looks at the picture carefully, “Hmm.. who I asking, what are you cops? You got a warrant, I run an honest business, and I try and give my clientele some privacy,” he says curtly, his eyes darting from each detective, “you looking for a room or what?”

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
The man looks at the picture carefully, “Hmm.. who I asking, what are you cops? You got a warrant, I run an honest business, and I try and give my clientele some privacy,” he says curtly, his eyes darting from each detective, “you looking for a room or what?”

James snorts as though the other guy was joking.

"Cops? You'd know about it if we were cops. Nah, we're just looking for the guy. Probably goes by the name of Rizzym. If there was any way I could help you remember..." he says, hoping the innuendo gets across.

Hmm, think I'd have enough cash on hand...

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
James snorts as though the other guy was joking.

"Cops? You'd know about it if we were cops. Nah, we're just looking for the guy. Probably goes by the name of Rizzym. If there was any way I could help you remember..." he says, hoping the innuendo gets across.

Hmm, think I'd have enough cash on hand...
The man rubs his chin, “Eh, come on now I run a business based on giving my clients their privacy; you better come with better then that to try and persuade me. Now if you want a room, then pony up the cash cabrone, if not then you know your way out.”

Dexter out of the corner of his eye notices a tall dark man walk by the window of the office on the outside. He catches a glimpse for only a second before he is gone out of sight.

JimAde

First Post
Tokiwong said:
The man rubs his chin, “Eh, come on now I run a business based on giving my clients their privacy; you better come with better then that to try and persuade me. Now if you want a room, then pony up the cash cabrone, if not then you know your way out.”

Dexter out of the corner of his eye notices a tall dark man walk by the window of the office on the outside. He catches a glimpse for only a second before he is gone out of sight.
Dexter goes back out the door, trying to open it without making too much noise. He looks in the direction he saw the man go, snapping an unaimed picture with the camera at the same time.

Festy_Dog

First Post
James frowns, taking a moment to note the man's stance and the subtleties in his speech. [ooc: empathy in case it's relevant at some stage]

"Reasoning with you would require me to divulge 'private' information, and you've made the intent of your occupation quite clear, so reasoning with you would cause you yourself to invade a customer's privacy which you claim to protect. I'm under the impression thus far that that is exactly what you don't want, so forgive me if I sought an alternate form of 'reasoning' in an effort for us both to leave things which didn't need saying unsaid," James throws bs at his problem in an effort to get himself out of the hole he just dug himself into, "Do you follow?"

Gotta get his head spinning, just a little slip of the tongue is enough...

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
James frowns, taking a moment to note the man's stance and the subtleties in his speech. [ooc: empathy in case it's relevant at some stage]

"Reasoning with you would require me to divulge 'private' information, and you've made the intent of your occupation quite clear, so reasoning with you would cause you yourself to invade a customer's privacy which you claim to protect. I'm under the impression thus far that that is exactly what you don't want, so forgive me if I sought an alternate form of 'reasoning' in an effort for us both to leave things which didn't need saying unsaid," James throws bs at his problem in an effort to get himself out of the hole he just dug himself into, "Do you follow?"

Gotta get his head spinning, just a little slip of the tongue is enough...

The man looks at James with a dip of his head somewhat confused at what he just said, “What the hell does all that mean? You got me confused senor, are you upset because I don’t want to divulge information about my clientele?”

Dexter

The dark male walks towards a room with the lights on, room 206 on the second floor. He glances over his shoulder a second and then walks inside. The lights go out once he is inside and the blinds are closed tight, no light seems to penetrate inside.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
“What the hell does all that mean? You got me confused senor, are you upset because I don’t want to divulge information about my clientele?”

Hmm, admitting he's a client? Not quite, gotta push a bit more.

"I never wanted information about the guy, I'm upset because you say you're out to protect your client's privacy while you demand that I disregard the man's privacy in order to simply get a yes or no answer from you. So do you want to get dragged into the situation by knowing about it? Or are you just going to tell us whether he's here or not?" James reasons, giving the man his options, or at least the options James wants him to think he has.

Remove ads