Kiss of Darkness: OOC: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Well, beleive it or not the encounter has helped me begin to identify Rhaka's motivations and sympathies - so it was good for a character building moment.
Yay! It was fun too :D I always like RPing unusual things like animals or thinking constructs. Is that weird? :lol:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
No, not at al. In fact, to be honest I could typically dialogue 90% and combat 10% and be totally happy with a game. Only problem with that is RP takes up so much time online ...

Don't get me wrong - combat is fun. But dialogue always takes such unexpected turns whereas combat is usually centered on killing (or at least knocking one's opponents out).

[Sblock=Cheap attempt at self-promotion, ignore if desired]I Sblocked this so as to not make everyone read an obvious attempt at self-promotion. :)

As evidence of my focus on dialogue versus combat in an RP ... I invite anyone interested to read my Story Hour. Link found in my sig if that kind of thing interests you. Currently it sits at just under 50,000 words - if anyone looks at that sort of thing as a guideline.[/Sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
No, not at al. In fact, to be honest I could typically dialogue 90% and combat 10% and be totally happy with a game. Only problem with that is RP takes up so much time online ...

Don't get me wrong - combat is fun. But dialogue always takes such unexpected turns whereas combat is usually centered on killing (or at least knocking one's opponents out).

[Sblock=Cheap attempt at self-promotion, ignore if desired]I Sblocked this so as to not make everyone read an obvious attempt at self-promotion. :)

As evidence of my focus on dialogue versus combat in an RP ... I invite anyone interested to read my Story Hour. Link found in my sig if that kind of thing interests you. Currently it sits at just under 50,000 words - if anyone looks at that sort of thing as a guideline.[/Sblock]
Heh, you should see the Vasha's Discovery IC thread. It was during a time when Bront and I were on at the same time a lot. It was a huge amount of dialogue and RP with I think one or two combats that took maybe ten posts out of thousands. Most of my games are highly RP heavy, but I try to mix it up more for my Living Enworld game to help them get more XP, and Viridian Plague is my combat-heavy gamel, as warned ahead of time :] On the other hand, Diplomatic Immunity has basically no fighting.

Bront

The man with the probe
No harm here, I didn't notice (slept through it). As long as we're moving in the right direction.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Bront said:
It's a direction at least, not random wanderings ;)

QFT. Any direction is only the wrong direction until you move a differnt direction because you find out you're headed the wrong way. At least we're now moving!

[For those of you that get the reference ... Typing that last sentence made me feel like Yogi Berra]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
QFT. Any direction is only the wrong direction until you move a differnt direction because you find out you're headed the wrong way. At least we're now moving!

[For those of you that get the reference ... Typing that last sentence made me feel like Yogi Berra]
That's true. And really, anything that gathers information is guaranteed to either be moving in the right direction or just no direction, but you can never lose info :)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Well, yeah. And there still is no positive connection that the two incidents have anything to do with each other. We might have stumbled upon two similar kidnappings in the same city at roughly the same time. I'd find that unlikely ... but clearly not impossible.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Well, yeah. And there still is no positive connection that the two incidents have anything to do with each other. We might have stumbled upon two similar kidnappings in the same city at roughly the same time. I'd find that unlikely ... but clearly not impossible.
Yeah I know, just teasing :D

Remove ads