• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rhaka smiles at Val's attempt - although the smile isn't necessarily a friendly one. "It's just as well. One cannot assume from a coincidence on a list of another's guilt. And if the door is locked and we have no way of proving foul play is occurring inside then we also have no right of entering. Going to the roof and looking down is acceptable, if it is possible to do such a thing."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Verra Saefael, elven telepath

Verra walked along the warehouse, touching the paint and feeling along the wall. During this, she was humming a lullaby. Her mind wandered . . . then opened . . . looking for clues the others might not see.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I didn't try yet Rhaka, just exploring options," Val says. "Anyone think they could bost me up to a window? I might be able to get a peek in there."

Bront

The man with the probe
Nonlethal Force said:
Rhaka replies, "Ah, well. I misunderstood your actions, then, Val. My apologies."
"Don't worry about it Rhaka. Just remember, things are often not what they seem here in the city," Val says. "I'm sure that there's some of that even in the wilds though."

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler

Bront said:
"Anyone think they could bost me up to a window? I might be able to get a peek in there."
“I think the windows a bit too high for that, Valerie, as it’s a very tall building. That’s why I suggested trying to reach the roof, as the windows are fairly close to the top of the walls,” Baeleth replies. “So do you think there’s a chance the building behind the warehouse might have roof access?” he asks again, assuming Valerie was a little distracted with the lock when he first inquired.

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rhaka adds, "Well it is worth the try. Perhaps that access will not be so obvious in its attempts to keep people out, and therefore it will be able to be opened with devious means."

Rhaka looks around to see if the building behind can be easily accessed. If so, she climbs as high as possible, encouraging Kinjon to follow if also possible.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Neither of the buildings has anything built on them to help climbing. But either should be a piece of cake to climb if anyone throws a grapple to the top with some rope. Still, doing so in broad daylight is asking for the guards to spot you.*

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rhaka looks at the roof and then back down at the rest of the party. "If we're going to have to use ropes, Kinjon will be left behind. That might not be a bad thing - I can stay behind with Kinjon and try to be diplomatic with anyone that might be suspicious. Or, we can wait until darkfall and lose several more hours. It is hard to know which wisdom to follow in this instance. Do we jump into the water and get the immediate shock over with or do we wait patiently by the water hole to watch what animals seek it out?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Kinjon is Small, right? I suppose it would be possible to carry him with enough Strength. Or whoever goes in can open the door from the inside to let Kinjon in)

Remove ads