Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Huh. Really? I remember it coming out here around christmas or something.

Or are we talking of different dates for PC vs. consoles or something like that?

I mean, yeah, we usually get games a few days, even weeks, later, but six months?

KenM

Banned
Banned
Played the first one. I really did not like the combat system. You should be able to move in combat turns if you set up auto pause, you can't.

drothgery

First Post
The original KotOR launched on Xbox in July of 2003; the PC version came out a few months later. If international versions trailed a few months after that, then Christmas seems about right.

mmu1

First Post
There are more feats now for people who use ranged weapons - ones that increase damage, others that reduce penalties to defense for firing in melee, and probably some others. Some of the older feats (like critical shot, power shot) might have also been tweaked a bit, but I'm not sure about that.

I have no clue what weapons there are in the game, since I'm only about 8-9 hours in, and what upgrades they can get, but so far at least, melee weapons are the most effective.

Ranger REG

Explorer
My gripe with KOTOR is when I get a dialog box telling me "Item(s) Lost" and/or "Item(s) Received" or "Journey Note Added." It would be nice to highlight and click on those to know what did I lose without having to go through my inventory (which can be a lot, there seem to be no encumbrance penalty that I know of) to see what is new and what is gone.

Either that or have it explained further like "Item(s) Lost: Casus's Diary."

I hope they make that more convenient.

BTW, is KOTOR2 still stuck with only one race option at the character creation (human)? Not that I have great prejudice for human -- just a little bit but not great -- I'd like my own PC to be nonhuman for a change.

One more thing, will Prima released a KOTOR2 strategy guide for the PC version? Or will such guide contain both material for both XBOX and PC version of the game?

mmu1

First Post
Ranger REG said:
BTW, is KOTOR2 still stuck with only one race option at the character creation (human)? Not that I have great prejudice for human -- just a little bit but not great -- I'd like my own PC to be nonhuman for a change.

Yup, still human only.

I actually support the choice... I think it's not practical to adjust the story, equipment and character animations for drastically different alien races, and if you don't, does it really matter what kind of "human in funny makeup" your character is?

Falkus

Explorer
You have to admit, that in KoTOR 1, if they'd let you be a race other than human, it would have been a lot easier to figure out the big surprise.

Ranger REG

Explorer
KenM said:
Played the first one. I really did not like the combat system. You should be able to move in combat turns if you set up auto pause, you can't.
Meh. Games like Wizardry 8 is good for pausing every round. But in KOTOR, I find it easy to use, especially when you can program your actions (attack or use power/item) a few rounds ahead. Besides, you can always pause after you move (if autopause is off).

It also helps to have a wheel mouse. ;)

BTW, what ship do we get in the sequel? Is it the same Ebon Hawk?

Last edited:

Remove ads