• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

League of Extraordinary (calling all players ;))

Blue_Genie

First Post
Just a quick FYI that I will probably not be posting until next Monday, as I'm heading out of town (and away from my computer) for the holiday weekend. Merry Xmas, all :)

Karl Green

First Post
OK here are some notes that I wrote up for all… let me know what you think…

Blue_Genie: Kalashtar Shaper/Wilder 4
I thought about it again and I think I change my mind; you CAN combine the power points from both BUT I think your Kalashtar bonus will only apply once if we go this way. If anyone wants to play a Sorcerer/Wizard something I will work something out for them also.

Slippshade - Human? Hexblade/Sorcerer
Here is my first thought about the Artifact… I am thinking the name will be something like…Magique'ricerca, darkblade (old/middle English and Italian for Mage-Seeker or hunter). A sorcerer-warrior created the sword of old who was paranoid against other magic wielders (especially wizards) and wanted a weapon that could be used against them that would come at a surprise. Later after it creator was killed, some powerful good creature 'purge' it of its evil taint and now it is a weapon of good. It still seeks to destroy arcane users but now evil ones...
The basic sword is a (character's chose, long or bastard) adamantine +1 Magebane (from Comp Arcane; +3 enchantment and +2d6 damage vs. arcane spellcasters), Ignore Spell failure chance 5%, with AL: NG, Int: 10, Wis: 10, Cha: 16, Speech, 60ft dark vision (spot +10) and hearing (listen +10), Ego score: 18
A 2nd level Wielder can cast Detect Magic and Read Magic each 1 per day/level, increase Ignore Spell failure chance to 10%
A 4th level Wielder's gains Tenacious Spells (spells that the wielder casts are difficult to dispel, adding +6 to the DC to dispel) and Dispelling Strike (once per day, with a normal strike from Magique'ricerca, if it hits, the sword deals normal damage and the victim is subject to a targeted greater dispel magic. The dispel check is 1d20 + character level +6), increase Ignore Spell failure chance to 15%
worth way more then 100,000gp
This will be most of you 'stuff' but I might still give you a bit more (minor magic at most though)

Biblton - Fury, Warforge Fighter/Monk
I am still looking it over and checking it twice ;) BUT things have I have agreed with…
Fury is Large Sized (-1 to AC/attack rolls, -4 to Hide checks, +4 Grapple, Increase Reach/Threat +5ft Move +5ft, Increase his Unarmed Damage by 1 dice type)
Fury has Furry or Blows and Increase Speed as if he was wearing no armor
Your magic all looks ok and I think I will be approving it all.
The Watch Lantern in his chest sounds EXCELLENT ;) so approved also

ShaggySpellsword -Marcus Calvani, Human Cleric/Urban Ranger
Mithril chainmail shirt +2 (no-armor check pen; cost: 1,100+4,000gp)
Longbow (strength +2) +1 (cost: 600+2000gp)
Fever Iron Holy Symbol (where did you find 'Fever Iron'? just wondering)
Goggles of Minute Seeing (cost: 1,250gp)
Hmm I am still thinking about the rest..

MatrexsVigil -Enden, Human Artificer/Swashbuckler
I think I am going to give you an Air-Gallon as part of your 'stuff' it will not count as all our extra equipment for it is worth WAY more then you would normally start with it is not going to be useful in every situation. (worth well over 100,000gp)
I think YOU get to NAME it. Something cool ;)
Also it will have a small crew, that are loyal to your. Sort of a modified version of Leadership. They will be one cohort, a Lieutenant a 4th level Expert, two Sergeants of 2nd level (one Experts and one Warrior) and the crew will be 1st level and three Experts and three Warriors (Warrior add Profession/Sailor and Use Rope to their skill list). I can write them up if you want to name them (or I can do that also, all non-Gestalt, 28 pt buy system, no extra skills or feats)

Keia - Azreal, Celestial - got your history EXCELLENT!

DEFCON_1 - Ggraggar'degrellaran. Half-Gold Dragon Sorcerer/Favored Soul

taltzu52 - old? Human Ranger/Rogue

Ferrix - Changeling rogue/psion

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Kewl...

OH YEA one other thing... I am thinking about someoen being the 'leader' type. NOT going to be in charge, but the people you will be working for will come to this person first about stuff etc.

Of the character ideas so far I am leaning towards taltzu52 or ShaggySpellsword or maybe even Ferrix character but not having seen everyone still thinking...

what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Out of the characters so far I would pick taitzu's as the leader. I like the idea of an experienced veteran coming reluctantly back into action with a bunch of today's heroes.

Maybe he could get a BIG bonus to reputation, with both the positive and negative benefits that would entail.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Karl,

For Azreal, can I give up Bluff (Sorceror) as a class skill to add Spot, Listen or even Gather Information?

Also, is WarMage (CA) a possibility for one of my classes?

Keia

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
All the classes in Comp Arcane are cool with except the Wun Jin (sp?) so WarMage is cool with me.

As for switching skills... hmm sure I am ok with that. One to two skills, not to many more

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Karl Green said:
As for switching skills... hmm sure I am ok with that. One to two skills, not to many more

Just wanted to get rid of bluff. didn't seem to work for the character I was going for

Keia

taitzu52

First Post
Preliminary, needs background and equipment (sorry, just the skills alone makes me wanna take a nap):

Neville Rathbone

Appearance:

Background:

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 145lbs
Hair: Grey
Eyes: Ice Blue

Human Ranger/Rogue
4th level Gestalt
Alignment: Neutral Good

Statistics:
STR: 10 (+0, costs 3)
DEX: 14 (+2, costs 8)
CON: 12 (+1, costs 5)
INT: 14 (+2, costs 5)
WIS: 20 (+5, costs 16 + 4th lvl.)
CHA: 12 (+1, costs 3)
(Age: -1 STR, DEX, CHA; +1 INT, WIS, CHA)
Hit Points: 30 (9+7+7+7)
Saving Throws:
Fortitude: +5 (base +4, CON +1)
Reflex: +6 (base +4, DEX +2)
Will: +8 (base +1, WIS +5, +2 Feat)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 Armor, +2 Dex); Touch: 12; Flatfooted: 12
Base Attack Bonus: +4
Initiative: +6 (+2 DEX, +4 Feat)

Attacks:
Shortspear: Attack Bonus +4, 1d6 dam, x2 crit, range 20, Type P
Throwing Axe: Attack Bonus +4, 1d6 dam, x2 crit, range 10, Type S

Skills:
Skill Points 91 (52 for 1st level rogue+13+13+13)
Balance +4, Bluff +6, Climb +5, Decipher Script +7, Diplomacy +5, Disable Device +9, Escape Artist +4, Handle Animal +6, Hide +7, Intimidate +3, Jump +7, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +3, Knowledge (Nature) +5, Knowledge (Geography) +3, Knowledge (Local) +3, Listen +12, Move Silently +7, Open Lock +6, Perform (Oratory) +2, Profession (Guide) +6, Ride +4, Search +9, Spot +12, Survival +10, Swim +2, Tumble +9

Feats:
Track, Endurance, Rapid Shot, Renown, Iron Will, Improved Initiative, Combat Expertise, Improved Feint

Languages: Common, Elven, Giant, written and spoken

Class Features:
Sneak Attack: +2d6, The rogue's attack deals extra damage any time his target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC or when the rogue flanks her target.

Trapfinding: Rogues (and only rogues) can use the Search skill to locate traps when the task has a Difficulty Class higher than 20.

Evasion- If he makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage.

Uncanny Dodge- He retains her Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker.

Trap Sense +1: +1 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps.

Wild Empathy-A ranger can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check to improve the attitude of a person. The ranger rolls 1d20 and adds his ranger level and his Charisma bonus to determine the wild empathy check result.

Favored Enemy (Humanoid: Elves)-The ranger gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against creatures of this type. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls against such creatures.

Animal Companion:

DOG, RIDING: Wolfhound
Medium Animal
Hit Dice: 2d8+4 (13 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+3
Attack: Bite +3 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack: Bite +3 melee (1d6+3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Jump +8, Listen +5, Spot +5, Swim +3, Survival +1*
Feats: Alertness, Track, Trip*
Environment: Temperate plains
Organization: Solitary or pack (5–12)
Challenge Rating: 1
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

Carrying Capacity: A light load for a riding dog is up to 100 pounds; a medium load, 101–200 pounds; and a heavy load, 201–300 pounds. A riding dog can drag 1,500 pounds.
Combat
*If trained for war, these animals can make trip attacks just as wolves do (see the Wolf entry). A riding dog can fight while carrying a rider, but the rider cannot also attack unless he or she succeeds on a Ride check.
Skills: Riding dogs have a +4 racial bonus on Jump checks. *Riding dogs have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.
Link (Ex): A druid can handle her animal companion as a free action, or push it as a move action, even if she doesn't have any ranks in the Handle Animal skill. The druid gains a +4 circumstance bonus on all wild empathy checks and Handle Animal checks made regarding an animal companion.
Share Spells (Ex): At the druid's option, she may have any spell (but not any spell-like ability) she casts upon herself also affect her animal companion. The animal companion must be within 5 feet of her at the time of casting to receive the benefit.

Equipment:

Remove ads