Legacy of Death Part II: Graves of Lesser Immortals

Flaming Bob

First Post
Lucien motions to Buckthorn, then motions to the ripped tents: "Those rips look like animal claws to you little brother?"

Ever the thief, he looks the campsite over for traps, treasure and other things that may or may not begin with "tr-"

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The tents seem pretty heavy and something ripped them. From just a first look there are no obvious valuables, and the camp site actually looks pretty old

Buckthorn

First Post
Since he has the bow, Buckthorn will offer the party the potions. He has a potion of Elixir of Black Dragon Breath, an Essence of Kruthik Potion, and a potion of resist fire.

"Speak up now - first come, first served," Buckthorn's says as he offers up the three potions to Lucian, Forge, Ghen, and Nar-Heru.

Buckthorn will examine the tents to see if he can determine what kind of creatures tore up the camp site. (Nature)

If they see nothing, Buckthorn will moved north to examine the pillar. He will keep an eye and ear out for traps or the scurry-ings of any creatures. (Perception) He will also suggest that at least one of the party stay back away from the pillar. "Let's not all get up around the pillar in case it has some magical area affect - like putting us all to sleep for the gods know how long while tiny, or not so tiny, creatures come to nibble on us while we slumber."

If they see nothing, he will suggest the party moves on. "Best we not linger I think..."

Buckthorn hasn't used any surges or dailies and is at full hp.

Last edited:

Flaming Bob

First Post
Lucien chuckles as the Dwarf takes the fire-resistance potion, then eyes the black dragon breath vial and holds out his hand "Ye don't be wantin' that? I'm sure I can find a use."

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Camp Fright

(map below. click it a 3 times or so to get full view. The light green is heavy grass and difficult terrain. The dark green is heavy vegetation and acts as blocking terrain. The cliff runs along the top. You should see the obelisk, a diamond shape. There is also a 60 foot column with some rope bridges at its top at cliff height.)

Nar: What could be described as the “iron eye” on the obelisks seems to have a bulge on the side, like a hinge…and did that thing just wink?

Buckthorn, Lucian, and Forge: the Halfling says it, then it starts to happen, you all feel a little sleepy…

then, the logs, tools, and tents, start to animate and seem to coming straight at your sleepy heads!

Obelisk: perhaps ready for it, the Halfling manages to shake off the sleepies, but both Lucian and Forge are slowed and grant combat advantage.

Logs and Tools: Practically charge at you. Three now burning logs pummel at Forge, inflicting 9 damage and setting him on fire (ongoing 5). A log also hits Buckthorn for 9 damage and also setting him on fire (ongoing 5) and a tool hammers a nail into his foot (ya, that’s right) for 3 more damage, and immobile, and more ongoing 5.

Tents: flap menacingly.

(on crone damage, nobody has been really forthcoming…I will have to assume that Forge and Lucian are each down 2 HS and Nar is down 1)

Buckthorn: -12 hp/on fire, immobile, ongoing 10 (save for each)
Forge: -9 hp/-2 HS/ getting sleepy (slow, grant CA), on fire, ongoing 5 (save for each)
Ghen: is good
Lucian: -2 HS/getting sleepy (slow, grant CA, save)
Nar: -1 HS/

I will update (and they go again) Tuesday at 5 PM. Your character acts when you post.

Attachments

• camp fright.jpg
    camp fright.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

dyermaker001

Explorer
OOC: I have no damaged marked from the battle with crone. But if i need to take a healing surge for the team, so be it.

Nar-Heru moves up and to the right 1 square - adjacent to the obelisk. As a minor action, Spark is summoned forth from his staff. As a standard action he will uses his Arcana knowledge again to determine if the obelisk caused the animation of the objects and disable it if possible.

If he is unable to stop the logs and tools this way, he will use his action point and cast Scorching Burst centered 1 square to the left of forge and 2 squares up, including 1 tent, 2 tools and 3 logs in the burst.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Lucian: you stumble away, getting thwacked by the log and tool in the process (21 dmg, on fire). You are able to struggle to the path, and shake off the sleep (but still on fire).

Nar-Heru: You can’t be sure if there is a link between the obelisk and the animated camp site, but can be pretty sure that the sleep affect that is plaguing Forge and Lucian is linked to it. As magic doesn’t work, maybe the teifling is right and you want to try some more direct action against it (and feel free to take another look at the picture above).

Speaking of direct action, you blast the camp. Two logs, a tool and a tent are heavily damaged and de-animate.

Note: there are still 3 logs next to Forge and 2 tools next to Buckthorn.

Buckthorn

First Post
Buckhorn will attack with Spray of Arrows (close burst 3) positioning spray to try to get as many logs, tents, hammers etc. in burst as possible. He will also save against the ongoing fire damage. As a minor action he will name the closest animated log as his Hunters Quarry. He will also look at the obolisk and "eye" - does Bucktorn think the eye could be animating the campsite? Is it something that could be disabled - like a trap? (Dungeoneering).

Remove ads