Legacy of Death Part III: Undying Interlude

Buckthorn

First Post
Buckthorn whispers to Douvan (Diplomacy): "I apologize for my companions. We are all a bit on edge. My companions are correct though... something is not right in that room. I agree with you though, we shouldn't just start killing and burning. But we will need to confront Elvid and his companions and find out the truth of what is going on here. Are you with us?"

Then, to Elvid (Bluff): "We were just ambushed by Githyanki who laid an ingenious trap for us, and as you know someone tried to kill Douvan last night. We wanted to make sure you were alright. You are alight aren't you. Why don't you come out here to reassure us that you are well and then we will leave you and your companions alone."

Buckthorn will also try to listen at the door to the right to see if he can discern what might be coming from the room. (Perception)

Last edited:

kaltfeuer

First Post
Mindful and Mindless

Ghen has a sudden idea. He pulls out a flour pack (one of the ones meant to coat invisible people) and lobs it at the eye. Ranged touch, not sure what to add (Dex + Half Lev + ??).

Then he follows close behind Forge without a second thought.

Assuredly failing, he asks Lucien ... Can you throw other things as well as you toss shuriken and daggers around?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The flour pack (flour pack?..) flies through the eye and hits the house side.

Douvan looks at you all like you have gone mad.

Forge and Ghen march into the house. (right?) As does Buckthorn, as he will need to actually speak to Elvid and listen in on the interior room. (right?)

Elvid looks at them, his oddly acting companions by his side.

Clearly, all a misunderstanding.

Flaming Bob

First Post
"On occasion, if the need calls." The thief takes a flour pack, if offered. A stack of shuriken stays hidden in his throwing hand. He stays at the door.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
FINALLY ALL ABYSS BREAKS LOOSE

(as if they had plenty of time to prepare...)

As you again enter, a huge vulture like demon (Type I: Vrock) burst from a window and swoops down on Nar, Elvid releases a dazzling burst, and his odd acting kin surge forward (except one, that seems to leave), with some hurtling down the stairs.

Vrock: Easily claws the hapless elf. (24 damage)

Elvid: The blast of strange light effects Buckthorn and Forge, leaving them bedazzled (17 damage, grants combat advantage)

The unpleasant companions: Claw away at Forge, with two hitting him (24 damage). They also have a nauseating aura about them, which is cumulative and discourages sudden actions. Again this mostly affects Forge.

(If its any conciliation, they were about to burst out of the house at perhaps a greater disadvantage, as you were clearly distracted and lethargic).

POST TODAY/TONIGHT

Attachments

• House of not good.jpg
    House of not good.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 90

ecayford

First Post
Throwing his shield in front of his eyes at the first sign of Elvid's intentions, Forge absorbs the ferocious onslaught. Momentarily staggered, he calls on his ties to ancestral sources of power as his enemies are struck by feelings of impending doom. Forge lashes out at his hapless foes with his ancient Dwarven WarAxe.

As usual, Forge uses his unbreakable interrupt on the first attack, absorbing 8 points of damage from it. I assume he cannot make immediate reactions or interrupts following the subsequent hits? FOWH, all terrain within two squares is difficult terraing for his enemies, has a 30 AC for rest of encouter and resists 5 cold. Standard action for FOWH attack on all five surrounding enemies. If hits, immobilizes save ends plus damage. He'll then use shielded sides for another +2 AC until the end of his next turn.

Sorry this is taking so long!

He'll reroll the one on damage for arms master challenge per axe mastery.

Actually would be 16 damage as it's only plus 10. 8 damage and immobilized until end of my next turn. Assuming they do not drop, he'll action point and use arm's master challenge on the two that appear most badly injured and mark the Vrock through the open double doors.

Last edited:

ecayford

First Post
OOC: FYI - Forge will trigger his second wind as a free action on the next hit that bloodies him. He also has a free action heal from his armor if he needs it. Let me know if I should save or something for the ill effects.

dyermaker001

Explorer
"AAAA, Not another Vrock!" Nar-Heru casts an unseen force (spectral ram) and slams the Vrock against the house and ground, push him back 3 squares (hit or miss), and hopefully causing grievous harm and knocking it prone. (on hit) "Lead them out of there and I can get a clear shot at all of them"

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Forge, your flurry of attacks cuts down the disguised...things. As they drop, their true demonic form is revealed. Your exertions lead to 12 damage. EDIT: you taking 12 damage.

Nar, you push it back.

alumni_dretch.jpg

Last edited:

kaltfeuer

First Post
Equal and Opposite Reaction

Shayera appears next to the Vrock, in the space most directly between it and Nar.

Spring Renewal Strike on the Vrock.

Forge cut down the Dretches. All of them? Some of them? The one next to me?

If the one next to Ghen is still up, Ghen will shift out towards Nar, otherwise he just moves next to Nar.

Remove ads