D&D 5E Legen Lore 7/14/2014

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Indeed: "Yay."

One thing that might be inferred from this is that playing (select) monster races (something that's been in the the MM in 3.x and 4, is not going to be there now but will instead be in the DMG. hmmm. I hope it's somewhere! (I remember during the play test there was a poll on playable monster races).

Arctic Wolf

First Post
Indeed: "Yay."

One thing that might be inferred from this is that playing (select) monster races (something that's been in the the MM in 3.x and 4, is not going to be there now but will instead be in the DMG. hmmm. I hope it's somewhere! (I remember during the play test there was a poll on playable monster races).

You know, since they are increasing the MM by 32 pages, it could still be in there. Never know :)

the Jester

Legend
Talk about burrying the lead!

That said, it looks to me like they're not holding anything back. They're not saving anything for MMII. Which is something that I appreciate.

D&D has so many iconic monsters that I just don't think one Monster Manual can possibly be enough.

bolo__

First Post
so... would this decision (and announcement) have anything at all to do with the Necromancer Games? I'm still waiting to see what WoTC's reaction to that is, they have been pretty quiet over the last week. Not sure whether that's due to deadlines of releases or something else...

fanboy2000

Adventurer
D&D has so many iconic monsters that I just don't think one Monster Manual can possibly be enough.
True.

That said, the additional 32 pages (what does that make the 5e MM? 352 pages?) and Modrons suggests to me that WotC really wants to get as Manu iconic monsters in the new MM. To many iconic monsters were left out of the 4e MM in my opinion.

Of course, that's kind of a double edge sword. The 4e MMII included a number of important rules changes.

FWIW, in addition to modrons, I'd like to see the rust monster in the new MM along with both chromatic and metallic dragons.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
so... would this decision (and announcement) have anything at all to do with the Necromancer Games? I'm still waiting to see what WoTC's reaction to that is, they have been pretty quiet over the last week. Not sure whether that's due to deadlines of releases or something else...

None at all, I bet. It has a lot more to do with the outrage of iconic monsters being left out of the MM in 4E.

Cheers!

meomwt

First Post
There were a few missing iconic monsters from the 3E MM as well, which is why Necromancer kicked in with the Tome of Horrors in the first place.

I haven't read L&L yet - firewalls <sighs> - but if there will be more monsters in the MM, it's all to the good.

Remove ads