Leif's 4E Revenge of the Giants [First Recruiting Thread]

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm feeling to normal :(

Maybe I should change my character to a fire mage tiefling with the prince of hell theme...

Or a Thri-Kreen...

hafrogman

Adventurer
Maybe I should change my character to a fire mage tiefling with the prince of hell theme...

Or a Thri-Kreen...
Or a fire mage thri-kreen with the prince of hell theme! :)
I'm feeling too normal :(
Yeah, I didn't set out to make a werewolf. I just had the idea of a shifter paladin of the moon goddess . . . then I found the Pack Outcast theme . . . and the Moonstalker paragon path, and they both fit so well.

But I may try and scale it back a little to stop this becoming Transylvania vs. the Giants. :D

I'd like to sign up as an alternate. I've been trying to get in an Revenge of the Giants game for a long time, but to no avail. I've got my eye on the Berserker as well.

Leif

Adventurer
Themes and backgrounds?

... and standard starting gold (worth as much as a level-1 item)?

I'm just about finished with the writeup for mine.

Her name is Zero. She is a Changeling Vampire. She is awesome. More to come.

and are there any restrictions on what we can use? (races? classes? dragonmarks and other setting-specific material?)

With a pally, a vampire!, and either a protector druid or a hunter ranger, we'd have a defender and a controller, and Insight's doing a charismatic melee striker of some sort if he sticks to his original proposal. Convetional wisdom is to double up on strikers in a five-person party, and no one's proposed a leader yet.

How about a pure lazy warlord? Background would be someone important's kid, insists on accompanying the group, and proves more useful than you'd think...

Hey there, gents. I see the main slots are filled, but I'd love to hop on as an alternate. I'm thinking perhaps a Kobold Battlemind, but really am open to filling any role.

Yeah . . . so as I've been building my character, he's become more or less a werewolf. A werewolf paladin with radiant attacks.

How does Zero feel about those? :cool:

I'm feeling to normal :(

Or a Thri-Kreen...

Okay, HANG ON JUST A MINUTE! Before this goes any further, your characters are supposed to be HEROES of the land. That means no Tieflings, Devils, Demons, Undead, Lycanthropes, or other Monsters. And no evil alignments in the party, either, or Melniboneans. Guess I should have made that clear, but I really didn't think it would have to be spelled out. :-S

Leif

Adventurer
What did I just say?

In case you missed that becauuse it was obscured by excessive quotations:

Okay, HANG ON JUST A MINUTE! Before this goes any further, your characters are supposed to be HEROES of the land. That means no Tieflings, Devils, Demons, Undead, Lycanthropes, or other Monsters. And no evil alignments in the party, either, or Melniboneans. Guess I should have made that clear, but I really didn't think it would have to be spelled out. :-S

Insight

Adventurer

So you're banning several races and at least one class? I just want to make sure.

I have no problem with the alignment restriction (and I should point out that Zero is unaligned).

drothgery

First Post

Well, a lot of PC races are kind of borderline
even ignoring things that either are from the MM or Dragon monster race as PC writeups...

Changeling - half-dopplegangers, but traditional Eberron race (EPG)
Deva - half-immortal (PH2)
Dragonborn - lizardfolk / dragon-men (PH1)
Drow - long history of 'evil race with heroic exceptions' (FRPG)
Genasi - half-elemental (FRPG)
Githzeri - more commonly a monster, but a PH3 race
Hamadryad - 'monster', but usually non-evil and a Heroes of the Feywild race
Shifters - usually described as half-lycanthropes, but not evil by definition; traditional Eberron race and in PH2
Minotaur - more commonly a monster, but a PH3 race
Pixie - 'monster', but usually non-evil and a Heroes of the Feywild race
Revenant - undead (Dragon)
Satyr - 'monster', but usually non-evil and a Heroes of the Feywild race
Shade - Heroes of Shadow race
Shardmind - construct (PH3)
Thri-Kreen - monster, but traditional Dark Sun race and in DSCS
Vryloka - half-vampire-ish, Heroes of Shadow race
Warforged - construct, but traditional Eberron race (EPG)

Though my current draft warlord is a Lawful Good Eladrin, and if it's allowed, the Mark of Healing is very helpful for her. Also note the although the class is called 'warlord', it really has nothing to do with leading a barbarian horde and is essentially a 4e update of the Marshal class.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Well, here's the numbers on my first attempt, at any rate...
[sblock=Sariel, eladrin warlord 12 (battle captain)]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Sariel, level 12
Eladrin, Warlord (Marshal), Battle Captain
Build: Tactical Warlord
Warlord Option: Combat Leader
Commanding Presence Option: Resourceful Presence
Sun Elf (Arcana class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 11, DEX 11, INT 22, WIS 11, CHA 22

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 10, DEX 10, INT 17, WIS 10, CHA 17

AC: 29 Fort: 23 Ref: 28 Will: 29
HP: 78 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 19

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +19, Bluff +17, Diplomacy +17, History +19, Intimidate +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +6, Athletics +5, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +5, Heal +6, Insight +6, Nature +6, Perception +6, Religion +12, Stealth +5, Streetwise +12, Thievery +5

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Eladrin Racial Power: Fey Step
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Warlord Attack 1: Commander's Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Direct the Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Powerful Warning
Warlord Attack 1: Destructive Surprise
Warlord Utility 2: Adaptive Stratagem
Warlord Attack 3: Battering Command
Warlord Attack 5: Scent of Victory