Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga [4E, IC01]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Apologies...I should have asked this awhile back, but it felt weird not to know something basic. :) Do we know where our target hangs out? We ousted him from a lair, but the implication was that he has more, and ones we don't know about.)

Leif

Adventurer
(OOC - Apologies...I should have asked this awhile back, but it felt weird not to know something basic. :) Do we know where our target hangs out? We ousted him from a lair, but the implication was that he has more, and ones we don't know about.)
OOC: Good questions indeed --I should have mentioned that your steeds recall the way to his most likely haunt and also have recalled, perhaps, that you mentioned that it would be best to re-commence your search for him there. Anyway, that's where they are taking you now. Unless you have other instructions? (For example, you are also aware of a seedy little Hole-in-the-Feywild-Wall where Archangault has been known to make the occasional appearance to hire-out jobs against his enemies, sometimes in his usual form, sometimes in an alternate guise.)

Leif

Adventurer
[OOC: Presumably, then, there are no further instructions to the mounts at this time?]
[OOC: Shayuri -- to be more direct with my answer: Yes, you do know the locations of several of Archangault's lairs, but, as you suggest, there may be others of which you are not yet aware.]

IC: The siblings' Feywild Chargers tap out a steady stacatto beat along the borders of the Feywild and the Elemental Plane of Water just where it blends most strongly with the Plane of Shadow. You ride and ride and come evetually to the kind of marshy environment where you know Archangault prefers to be most of the time. The hooves of your Chargers dance across the waters of the marsh, not splashing into the water at all, but finding purchase atop the water sufficent to propel themselves and you forward. In due season, they reach a place that is a bit more dry, where they can run along the ground. Soon enough, they slow to a walk. The region is familiar to you, it is a glen about half a mile from Archangault's favorite lake -- the one where he has a lair secreted in a grotto reached by entering the lake and following a tunnel back underneath the shoreline.

Last edited:

Sparky

Harnithael peers through the shifting mists of the marsh, sharp eyes noting the splashes and slitherings of the fey wildlife. A sleepy will-o-wisp, its lantern dim in wisp dreams, not yet lit for nocturnal wanderings, tugs at Harnithael's heart. Intoxicating fragrance from swamp flowers mingles with the smell of decay.

We will not be ambushed again.

He sits straight in the saddle and sends his thoughts to Kyrmanthos flying high above. What of the skies, brother?

Scotley

Hero
Quarion looks for any signs of recent dragon activity--large foot prints, disturbances in the marsh grass to indicate something large splashed into the water recently, any tell tale acidic smell in the air.

Leif

Adventurer
Nearing the lair of Archangault the Elusive

A half-mile across the swamp from Archangault's under-lake lair [as stated in Post #113] is pretty far back to be looking for sign like this, so I'm going to presume that you waited until you get a bit closer before making that perception check, ok? We'll say that you made it when you got to within a quarter mile of your goal. At any rate, Quarion sees no sign of Archangault's passage.

The siblings find themselves with but a quarter mile yet to traverse.

Shayuri

First Post
Sulannus finally speaks up, drawing close to the others and speaking in a low voice.

"Is it wise to be approaching so openly? We should at least move in under cover of trees so he won't see us from the air. Though I suppose it's a bit much to hope to surprise a dragon in its lair."

Leif

Adventurer
Nearing the lair of Archangault the Elusive

OOC: Everone roll for me, please, a Reflex save?
DUH! Sorry, wrong edition.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Static defenses...there's no such thing in 4e as rolling a reflex save. You roll your attacks against each of us and compare to our Reflex Defense to see if it hit. :))

Remove ads