Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga [4E, IC01]

Leif

Adventurer
Sicuriju (Shimmering Boa) battle

[sblock=OOC: Shayuri] I can't wait any longer to move ahead with the action. Just give me two rounds' worth of action for Sulannus, starting with her Dazed action (with the Sicuriju NOT flanked) and saving throw and continuing on to what will either be a regular round's action or another dazed action depending on her saving throw success, and the Sicuriju IS flanked for this action. [/sblock]

Shocked, the Sicuriju whirls around to see what new foe is besetting it from unawares. [Quarion's Shadow Self...] It's fangs flash as it bites and scores a hit against the Shadow Quarion for 13 hp of damage, -7, see post #83 above = 6 hp damage, the Sicuriju is stunned that its bite did not have the effect upon the Shadow that it expected and that it is subjected to flames that seem to come from parts unknown. (See status sblock below.) The downside (upside to the PCs) to that is that the sicuriju is now flanked by all of the PCs except for Shadow Quarion!!

[sblock=Sicuriju status]125 hp-7(Rinivan's Shielding Fire, see post #83 above) = 118 hp
[sblock='ZinskiBro]Touche! Nice move.[/sblock][/sblock]

Same map applies and Sicuriju's attack is 'only' a 23 [not 25 as shown below] vs. Quarion's Shadow Assailant this round, thanks for reminding me WD! And as Lou has said, it's really 21 not even 23 because it's not an attack against Rinivan, so there. What's the 'shadow's' AC, Scotley?

Attachments

• Dweomerfall Map 4 Shimmering Boa on Academy grounds.xls
    11.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Rinivan immediate interrupt

OOC: L5 daily Shielding Fire: Close Burst 10 (currently 7 to target) INT (+12) v. FOR, 2d10+3=14 FIRE damage on hit; hit or miss, serpent is marked until end of encounter with special aegis of shielding giving -2 on all attacks other than at Rinivan, as immediate interrupt, on attack not on Rinivan that does damage to another, reduce damage by 7, and serpent takes 7 FIRE damage.

IC: Sicuriju finds that magically the damage is resisted, so less damage than expected is inflicted (7 points), and the Sicuriju takes 7 fire damage.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Is the boa immune to falling prone? In this case it should take a - 2 penalty to attacks until the end of it's turn.

Galin

Galin follows up with another miss ...

[sblock=OOC]

standard: Melee Basic Attack (MBA) vs AC (hits 22, most probably a miss)
No Action: Dazzling Sunray on snake on a hit (4 radiant damage and it takes a - 2 penalty to attacks until the end of it's turn.)
(should work unless a creature has a specific immunity vs being prone; in this cas use dazzling Sunray)

Immediate Action: Use Shield, if it would prevent a hit.

Opportunity Action: MBA vs enemy if hit by enemy during bladesong

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 19 Reflex 22 Will 21
Initiative: +10
Hit Points: 66 / 66 Bloodied: 33
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 16 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Dazzling Sunray, Shadow Sever, Unseen Hand, Magic Missle, Save Banishment
Encounter Powers: Bladesong, Shield
Daily Powers: Grasping Shadows, Fire Shroud

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Sicuriju (Shimmering Boa) battle

OOC, WD: Thanks for reminding me about the -2 - earlier post has been edited, but it just made the monster's attack a 23 instead of a 25, and -2 more for not attacking Rinivan, so 21 instead of 23, but still, I'm not sure that helped much.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Map still shows Quarion and his double flanking and everyone else at a distance. Can we get an update so I know where to move? THX

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Only Galin has moved, as far as I can tell, and he just moved up adjacent to the Sicuriju. (Sorry I missed that before WD.)

Attachments

• Dweomerfall Map 4A Shimmering Boa on Academy grounds.xls
    11.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Rinivan

OOC: The snake's attack was at an additional -2 for not attacking Rinivan, but a 19 may still hit.

IC: Rinivan smiles as the plan starts to form. Staying well away from the snake, Rinivan instead throws his sword at the snake. The sword slices through the air and then returns to Rinivan's hand.

[sblock=attack]
+10 1d8+5 crit +1d6 Heavy Thrown: STR v AC
Sword returns to Rinivan's hand after the attack
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Just realized that this stat block is not complete. I'll fix it and delete this line when finished.

Name Rinivan
Shielding Swordmage 8
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:19, Will:16 -- Speed:6 (or 8)
HP: 75/75 (+0 temp hp), Bloodied: 23, Surge Value: 11 with 10/10 remaining (currently with 0 temp hp)
Initiative +8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Swordmage Abilites: Swordbond (summon bonded magic sword up to 1 mile), Aegis of Shielding (AW-minor cb2 MARK, atk on others if hit, reduce damage by 7 as imm int); (Improved) Swordmage Warding (+2 AC if holding sword, +4 if off hand empty)
Powers:
At-Will: Luring Strike (W) +11 v AC 1d8+1 crit +1d6, Lightning Lure (I) r3 +8 v Fort 1d6+6 crit +1d8, Sword Burst (I) cb1 all +8 v Ref 1d6+6 crit +1d8 Basic Melee LS +11 v AC 1d8+8 crit +1d6, Heavy Thrown LS +8 v AC 1d8+3 crit +1d6, Basic Ranged Crossbow +6 v AC 1d8+2
Encounter: Sword of Sigils (W) std, cb1, enemies in burst, +11 v AC hit: 1d8+6 crit +1d6, target is marked UEYNT, 5 damage if atk not incl you; Aegis of Shielding-marked target hits creature in 10 not incl you, Immed int, reduce one damage by 2. Dimensional Vortex (I) imm int when enemy hit ally with melee atk, r10 +8 v Will 1d8+6, teleport target 5 squares, target atks a creature of my choice if available, when used w aegis of shielding mark, atk adds 2 to dam
Daily: Vanishing Blade (W) std, one, +11 v AC, 2d8+6 crit +1d6 MISS: half damage; effect: teleport 5 and invisible EOYNT; for rest of encounter, on basic melee hit, teleport 3 as free action; Shielding Fire (Daily-arcane-implement-fire) std, one, close burst 10, INT v FOR 2d10+CON fire, target marked as if by Aegis until end of encounter; MISS target marked as if by Aegis until end of encounter; Aegis of Shielding-target takes fire damage equal to damage avoided
Utility: Dimensional Warp (Encounter) minor, cb3 (you and ally or two allies change places)

Str. 12, Con. 16, Dex 14, Int. 20, Wis. 12, Cha. 10
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC - Lou:] 23-2=21 not 19, Bro. ;) But thanks for pointing out the extra -2. Sunuvagun, you're right! 19 for the Sicuriju, and misses Quarion's Shadow. Ok, I've screwed this encounter up about a hundred ways, so let's end it now.[/sblock]
The Sicuriju whirls around, sees a Quarion everywhere he looks, his heart explodes, and he dies the death. The Shimmering Boa shimmers no more! [This ends the battle.]

OOC: All PCs receive 180 XP -- added to xp tracker in RG

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Still woozy , Sulannus lifts her bow, an arrow already set to nock, and trails her fingertips over the stiff vanes of the feathers that would keep that arrow on target, murmuring lilting arcane words as she does. Threads of fate weave themselves into the fletching of the arrow and draw tight. When she releases it, the arrow unravels the very fabric of destiny in its wake, allowing one small mistake to be undone, then retried.

The elf tried to throw off the last lingerng effects of the snake's strange powers before shooting another arrow, this one with a spell on the wicked sharp arrowhead.

(Edit - I'll use the Rewrite roll of 8 to replace the 3 I rolled on Firemetal Shot, so my to-hit to that is actually 22 vs the snake's AC, not 17.)

Last edited:

Remove ads