• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights, Veluna, Greyhawk - L10 Pfdr Rpg [IC 01] [Full]

Helfdan

First Post
Eldran ponders, then speaks. "Master dwarf, we were sent by the Clerics of Veluna to stop creatures from beyond the veil from crossing over and working evil in our lands. They mentioned a house without a door..." Looks curiously around.

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark, Dwarf Encampment

"Hmmm, a 'House Without a Door'....... You look about as if you expect to see a house built here in the Underdark that has no door, but I say to you that among my people this riddle would pertain not to a house that one lives in, but rather a Family. For example, I am of the House of GrimHammer, a Great Hero of our clan who caved-in and smote the sloped pates of 400 goblins over three days and nights without a rest. By the by, I am called Varnor Heavy Shaft, Son Of Vannis the Mighty, Son of Gondag Gold Veins."

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
"If we indeed are questing for a revered dwarven house, are we looking for a person of that house or a place associated with that house?" ponders Dontrius

Leif

Adventurer
Underdark, Dwarf Encampment -- Varnor Heavy Shaft

"Hmm, that is what you must riddle-out for yourselves, I'm thinking. Heh. But you might try extending the logic of the metaphor, and see where that leads you."

Kaodi

Hero
Hraln scratches his beard. "I do not know," he says. "If it were a noble house, I suppose it might be to do with a coat of arms. A shield is a 'wall' of sorts, and a coat of arms is usually placed on a shield. They tend to displayed too, either on a flag or engraved in stone."

Remove ads