Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights, Veluna, Greyhawk - L10 Pfdr Rpg [IC 01] [Full]

Leif

Adventurer
Underdard Expedition

The Intrepid Adventurers have suddenly and unaccountably almost all become rather violently ill due to a sulpherous, fetid, nauseating stench that descended upon the group.

(It's like a wet dog and a flaming turd are having torrid sex in your nostrils.)

Johann and Kaodi are the only two who seem comfortable around the stench, and may even be enjoying it, who knows? They creep up to the edge of the passage, that has now become a sort of ledge above a greater open area below. Past the ledge, the closed passage continues and a brach winding off to the side begins a sharp downward incline, presumably heading to the chamber visible over the ledge. The passage also continues on as before past this ledge.

Peeking over the ledge, Johann and Kaodi see a sizeable throng of greenish-grey, reptilian humanoids involved in some kind of worship or seance or something, alternately standing, kneeling, chanting, and crashing their stone axes against their shields. A few seem to have javelins that they gesture with rudely in place of crashing an axe that they do not have. They are totally oblivious to the presence of the adventurers.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Johann gently taps Kaodi and points back the way they came. if he complies, Johann waits until they are out of earshot.

"Ideas? can you t the others to quit being sick and then we all attack? or . . . . .?"

Kaodi

Hero
Hraln does not know much about most subjects, but he does know people. Even slimy reptile people. He watches what they are doing, considering what it might signify. When Johann inquires, he shakes his head slightly. The stench of a troglodyte is not particularly something he can treat after it has already washed over someone.

OOC: K (Local): 1d20+8=23

Leif

Adventurer
Troglodytes

OOC: I'd really rather see a knowledge (dungeoneering) or knowledge (religion) check, but in the interest of moving along, I'll accept that roll.

Kaodi determines that what they are witnessing is, without question, a religious service, and there are definite martial overtones as well.

Scott DeWar

OOC: I'd really rather see a knowledge (dungeoneering) or knowledge (religion) check, but in the interest of moving along, I'll accept that roll.

ooc: Just in case You still want a dungeoneering check,

[roll0]

Leif

Adventurer
Troglodytes

OOC: I appreciate that, DeWar.

Johann also recognizes the worship as typical of that dedicated to Laogzed, a troglodyte deity of particularly disgusting habits and odors.

Scott DeWar

Kaodi determines that what they are witnessing is, without question, a religious service, and there are definite martial overtones as well.

"Ah, a religious service. Now I recognize the idol. Laogzed is who they worship. even stinkier and more disgusting then any other trog." Whispers the warrior

Leif

Adventurer
Troglodytes

You wait some additional time, and while some individuals seem to be leaving, they are replaced by other who arrive, making the total number roughly equal to or slightly more than it was when you arrived. So far, none of those leaving are departing directly toward you, but how long will that continue? Wait and see ... wait and see ...

Remove ads