Leif's sig

Ashwyn

First Post
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
Why do people do this?

I mean, seriously, is it that important for people to know you've gone and put someone on ignore?

Does it assuage your ego or something?

Seriously - what's the reasoning behind making a public show of such a thing?
You pretty much answered your own question. It's like a little kid saying "You are a poopie-head! I'm not listening to you anymore! LALALALALA!", creating the illusion that they got the last word. It's hardly something conducive of polite conversation. But then again, if you go around ignoring everyone, you probabably don't care about conversation anyway. :lol:

People can be so weird.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
Why do people do this?

I mean, seriously, is it that important for people to know you've gone and put someone on ignore?

Does it assuage your ego or something?

Seriously - what's the reasoning behind making a public show of such a thing?

1/ I considered his response very rude. Thus, my action.

2/ I considered that he might be inexperienced, and might not know that his response was rude. Thus, my post.

3/ Actions that have consequences should have visible conesequences, just in case the person in question is capable of learning and changing.

So, I'd say it's rather the opposite of assuaging my ego. It's so the other guy knows that his actions have consequences, that he should not answer the request for polite behaviour with the *threat* of less polite behaviour, and that if he does so, he will be ignored by some people for a while.

Hope that helps, -- N

Remove ads