LG vs. N: Lawful Good Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
MacEther is having trouble dodging (Ref save 24), taking 59 points of fire damage. Clytan can breathe again in round 694. MacEther has 150 HP remaining.

Round 692

Clytan does not dodge the ensuing blast of force (29 Ref save), taking 85 points of force damage. Clytan survives the massive damage, but is down to 53 HP. MacEther continues flying up to 45N55E40Z, northbound.

PJSlavner

Explorer
The missiles have no effect (17 CL check).
As Clytan tries to hover away, MacEther bites hard (natural 19, 54 to confirm crit) for 50 points of damage, then grabs on (61 vs. 57 grapple), pulling Clytan into his space.

Round 694

MacEther chews on Clytan (73 vs 52 grapple) for 24 points of damage. Clytan is dead. MacEther continues flying to 35N65E60Z, westbound. He has 150 HP remaining.

Next in round 694 for Lawful Good is Hezjinglahjonan the mature adult bronze dragon (Draconomicon).

For those without that book, she has the feats Adroit Flyby Attack (can flyby attack without provoking an AoO), Clinging Breath, Flyby Attack, Heighten Breath, Improved Initiative, Lingering Breath, Power Attack, Shape Breath, and Wingover.

Her spells known are:

level 0 - dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, mending, open/close, prestidigitation, ray of frost, read magic
level 1 - alarm, cure light wounds, divine favor, magic missile, shield
level 2 - cat's grace, darkness, detect thoughts, spiritual weapon
level 3 - haste, nondetection, suggestion
level 4 - good hope, wall of ice

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Okay, so I have to ask. Are you using some feat I don't know about? MacEther doesn't have improved grab, does he? With Snatch, he can't grab creatures bigger than Medium and even with Improved Snatch, it can't be bigger than Large. How is MacEther doing all this?

Gansk

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
OOC: Okay, so I have to ask. Are you using some feat I don't know about? MacEther doesn't have improved grab, does he? With Snatch, he can't grab creatures bigger than Medium and even with Improved Snatch, it can't be bigger than Large. How is MacEther doing all this?

We have been playing that Snatch does grant improved grab, although I am willing to change this in the second round.

PJSlavner

Explorer
OOC: According to the Snatch feat in the Monster Manual, you do not need to be three sizes bigger to grab on. The only benefit that being three sizes bigger gives you is that you can automatically do damage while holding, instead of making grapple checks. We have been playing it that way, and this subject has come up before. I remember the example cited was an enlarged summoned roc hurling out a huge (or gargantuan) creature.

After reading Improved Snatch (which I have not read before until now), I think that Snatch is poorly written, and that the intent is that the feat cannot be used at all unless you are three sizes bigger than your opponent. However, that is not how the feat is written in the Monster Manual, which is the text we have been using.

This should definitely be brought up in the Shearing Pen. I think the feat should be changed in further rounds of TBoAA, but in this round the feat has been used several times just as MacEther has been using it.

Remove ads