List of All Settings?

Voadam

Legend
Valus only details one continent, but it is its own world with its own gods and cosmology. But then that's the same for most settings such as Greyhawk.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Avalanche Press has a lot of Mythic Earth ones.

Norse: (Ragnarok!)

Greek: (Twilight of Atlantis)

Egyptian: (War in Helios)

Etc.

From AEG you get Rokugan and whatever the name of the swashbuckling adventures setting is though I'm not sure how much the swashbuckling one changes things like magic.

Voadam

Legend
I also think Ptolus would count because they have the whole Praemal world section, which is its own book in pdf form.

Yair

Community Supporter
Voadam said:
Avalanche Press has a lot of Mythic Earth ones.

Norse: (Ragnarok!)

Greek: (Twilight of Atlantis)

Egyptian: (War in Helios)

Etc.

From AEG you get Rokugan and whatever the name of the swashbuckling adventures setting is though I'm not sure how much the swashbuckling one changes things like magic.
To what extent are these a "world"? Do the various Avalanch Press products combine to form a signle world, a la Scarred Lands?

I read Ragnarork!, or rather skimmed it once upon a time, and IIRC it is anything but a D&D setting. It's more like a totally different game, playing deities, that relies on the D&D game to give it some of the mechanics to pull it off. It looked like an interesting premise that failed to sail off, but what was very annoying was that the file I purchased was corrupted horribly. :(

Doesn't Rokugan rely solely on playing new classes, races, and so on?

Yair

Community Supporter
Voadam said:
I also think Ptolus would count because they have the whole Praemal world section, which is its own book in pdf form.
Just how big is that book? Does the setting include its own deities, cosmology, and so on? Does the book detail the regions to the degree that, say, FRCS details one of the less-detailed regions in it?

DMH

First Post
jdrakeh said:
Spiros Blaak. Marketed as a setting, but largely just a collection of optional rules for use with D&D (I'm not sure if a more lengthy world book was ever released for the setting).

You missed the point. It is meant to be a setting and not a planet (and there is enough setting material to use).

More settings:

The Hunt: Rise of Evil from MEG
The Secondworld Sourcebook
Nyambe
Broncosaurus Rex
Warcraft and World of Warcraft
Dreadmire details a setting that isn't a planet
Green Ronin's Mytic Vistas line
Didn't Mongoose have a Ancient World setting?

Voadam

Legend
Yair said:
To what extent are these a "world"? Do the various Avalanch Press products combine to form a signle world, a la Scarred Lands?

I read Ragnarork!, or rather skimmed it once upon a time, and IIRC it is anything but a D&D setting. It's more like a totally different game, playing deities, that relies on the D&D game to give it some of the mechanics to pull it off. It looked like an interesting premise that failed to sail off, but what was very annoying was that the file I purchased was corrupted horribly. :(

Doesn't Rokugan rely solely on playing new classes, races, and so on?

Each one is different and presents different cosmologies and sometimes the same areas done differently. For instance War in Helios Egypt is very different from the Atlantean Egypt where the Atlanteans created cat-people soldiers to conquer the Egyptian empire.

Ragnarok has a mortal world section composed of basically four kingdoms that comprise the whole world. It has options to play as mortals or as (very weak) gods who use standard classes with a few added on restrictions. Doom of Odin expands the setting with Nidavellir and Jotunheim material.

Rokugan I'm not so familiar with but I think it adds new classes instead of completely displacing the normal ones. I'd be surprised if you can't play a rogue in the setting but I don't have it or OA so I could not say with certainty.

Remove ads