[Living Pathfinder] Little Rock of Horrors

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet stares for a moment at the slab of gold, the quickly throws the canvas back over it. "Put that away, fool!" She hisses, looking to see if any unsavory types have taken an interest.

Seeing none, she returns her attention to the youth. "Now, try it again slowly," instructs the Dwarf. "What little men? And what light?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari watches the halflings disappear into the Dunn Wright before turning to the small group surrounding the lad. He scratches Tagaiwi absently along the jawline as he takes in the scene, then speaks up.

"Lad, I think it likely that we could be of help to you, but we'll need better information." He then turns to the others present. "We've not made each others' acquaintance yet, I think. I'm Pari Kalikasan, priest of Kavan. This overgrown alleycat is Tagaiwi."

Lord_camulus

First Post
"Blessings to you Pari i am Mariah oracle to the goddess Erwahai Queen of Wisdom and Defender of Justice." The aasimar's tome is full of reverence as she speaks Erwahai's name.
Just then Mariah remembers her tea that must be cool enough to enjoy by now and the very though of the soothing herbs and warm sweet honey gave her hope for the return back to her table or at least to her cup.

vl.arandur

First Post
Ashleigh is startled out of her reverie by the obligatory introduction scene, and she smiles vaguely as she pipes up. "Meo - I mean, I'm Ashleigh. Just Ashleigh. That's me." She goes back to fingering her bandoleer and staring at Tagaiwi, knowing that she'll forget everyone's names soon anyway.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich starts to cast mage hand to steady the boat but is jostled around in the crowd, causing him to fail his spell. Just when he is abole to get it cast the gangplank is set and so he helps the boy by steadieing the plank with his spell.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The boy pales and looks quickly around but other than the five who came to his assistance there isn't anyone close enough to have noticed the flash of gold and he fumblingly covers it up. He takes a deep breath and makes an awkward attempt at a bow.

"My name is Giocco Lanterna. My father is the lighthouse keeper on the isle of Roccino but he's away and left me in charge." Giocco shuffles and stares at his feet. "I also want to be a wizard. I got a book and everything and I went up by the light to practice. You can see for miles." Giocco smiles when he describes the lighthouse; he clearly loves it.

"Something went wrong and I summoned something. Little men with skin like bark and hair like vines. They weren't very friendly and the spell was going crazy and it ate the light. I gotta get rid of those little men and re-light the light before some ship comes by and hits the rocks. Can you help me?"

vl.arandur

First Post
Ashleigh sighed internally, reluctantly acquiescing to her sense of duty and focusing on the situation at hand. "If you're the son of a lighthouse keeper, why don't you know how to handle a boat?" she asked, her annoyance flaring up for just a moment - but then it was gone, and she smiled a little. Summoners... what can you do? "Yeah, we can help, kid. I always wanted to see the Isle of Roccino, anyway. Nice seafaring vacation ought to do some good."

Lord_camulus

First Post
Surprised at the tiefling's eagerness, Ashleigh's willingness to help only reinforces Mariah's faith that all creatures, even those of blood, others than her self might consider tainted, are able to choose their own destiny; favoring right over wrong, mercy over condemnation. With a silent sigh of gratitude to the goddess for allowing her to witness this miracle, Mariah focuses her attention on the young man. Her distaste for anything resembling the infernal agents of darkness fills her with the desire to scold the youth for dabbling with forces he can not yet comprehend but she says a short prayer in her mind for guidance and feels impressed to take a more encouraging course. "A mistake was made indeed my little friend but there is no shame in seeking help from others, in fact that is a very responsible thing to do. You can count me in, we will send these infernal beasts back to the hell from whence they came, i would only ask that you tell your father of this ordeal after we have done so and he has returned, you may be surprised by his reaction. Especially if you were capable of summoning such a great number of these creatures you describe; it may be raw and untrained but you obviously have great potential... that is if you seek out the proper training. mind you" She puts her hand on the boy's shoulder an smiles at him to calm his nerves a bit.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
*Snort* Heinrich's outburst of mirth is quickly gatherd back to himself.

"I haf been in your shoes, lad. Just a bit more . . mmmm . . ."

His gaze looks afar for a split second but he returns to the boy. "I vill hep."

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet watches the stunningly beautiful Aasimar woman attempt to calm the boy, then turns her attention to the lad's craft. Eyeing the longboat dubiously, she asks, "Exactly where is this island, then?"

Remove ads