• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LMoP [ooc]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Dang, I sure hope the party runs into Leonan soon. With only two active posters (me and PierceSG) ("and a dog named Bee"), the party is majority-DMPCs now. (Brachnuss, Ivan, and now Vottr aren't being played by their players; only Eddicus and Garret are.)

Alas that mudbunny and then toasterferret and now GameDoc have stopped posting in this adventure!

Edit: Strikeout erroneous reason for posting this. (Leave the valid reason intact.)

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: It happens a lot. I've played on 4e forums and more often then not, at least two players would stop posting. People don't realize that although not as time consuming as real life game, it still takes time and fairly regularly. I think it is easier to organize live session every two weeks or so for some hours then taking 10-20 minutes actively following several games. Even one might take so much time in combat posts especially in 4e where it was all codified.

I found it the best for PbP with easy moving, codified actions and such...except for interrupts that got in the way and had to be announced in advance or left to DM to use.
As you can see, I still follow :) but I cannot access the map from work...so I'll post in the evenings like now.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Yep, I missed it. I think I must not have had enough coffee this morning when I looked at the IC thread, because that looked to my aged eyes like two consecutive posts by mips42. (I should upgrade from Sumatran to espresso for reduced AM visual bleariness?)

Neurotic

Dig through the trash! Maybe the dogs simply didn't devour him yet and stashed him in a larder! :p

mips42

Adventurer
Unless he says otherwise, I am presuming that Leonan is speaking to the Goblins in the goblin language. It's up to him to say otherwise.

Neurotic

Yes, of course. Unless they speak in common first...

But well educated and trained voice esp. one not made for growling and squeeking...I'd guess I can be recognized as not-goblin by a well placed Perception check? ;)

Last edited:

Neurotic

[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], how well does Leonan know the warrens? Was he a prisoner, always walking the same route (dogs, creak) or was he occasionally taken through the tunnels to entertain, repair or heal?

mips42

Adventurer
Good question.
Leonan is very familiar with the dog cave and the cave that he was held in. He knows Yeemik as the leader of the goblins and that there is someone called Klarg that Yeemik despises and wants out but he's not seen them.
He's heard mention of a secret weapon.
He knows that there are, or were a total of about 20 goblins in the cave and that, according to Yeemik, this is only a small portion of the Cragmaw tribe.
Leonan knows that the other prisoner was brought in about a day and a half ago and has been in and out of consciousness since then.
The goblins have mentioned someone called King Grol but he's apparently not been here since Leonan has.

Neurotic

[MENTION=82463]PierceSG[/MENTION], [MENTION=100541]toasterferret[/MENTION], initiative?
[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], can you roll for them in...say...24 hours? It does not cost them any resources and we can go on, they can decide later what their combat actions will be.

Remove ads