LMoP [ooc]

mips42

Adventurer
Apologies, somehow I am not getting all the notifications when you guys post. I guess I need to be more diligent in checking in.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
neurotic said:
just note that if you start pushing party like this, you will not always have full support.
Except, Castagyr does have support. I do not appreciate being badgered over something hypothetical in the future.

neurotic said:
...but imagine similar situation near hobgoblin cave. You wouldn't just charge in on the front entrance, would you? (by you, obviously I mean Castagyr)
That situation is not similar.

neurotic said:
I don't mind IC discussion and behaviour, I had several with various people (right, Axel? ).
Are we to understand that you do this often and are proud of it? It certainly looks that way since you felt you had to tell us about this.

So pardon me, but I am going to be direct:
1. I am getting increasingly turned off with the continual nitpicking of assumptions on what you only think Castagyr is going to do.

2. The argumentative interactions and lectures IC (and now OOC) are also taking away from my enjoyment of the game. I am going to respectfully ask you to stop doing it.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Except, Castagyr does have support. I do not appreciate being badgered over something hypothetical in the future.
Which is why I'm with you as I agree that we should save the girl and destroy Redbrands.

I'm just playing in character Leonans view - the one of the talker, non-warrior, the bard. You know, person who knows how to get the info without being too forceful. And yes, I consider armored paladin coming in and asking questions (however diplomatically put) problematic from the view of criminals.

That situation is not similar.
Find the better example

Are we to understand that you do this often and are proud of it? It certainly looks that way since you felt you had to tell us about this.
I do it when it suits in character persona. If character accepts the banter, all the better, fun for everyone.
If not, as you do, I'll stop. This DOES NOT constitute license for you to do as you will ignoring the party.

This is collaboration game and if you cannot handle other peoples views, it is your problem. I didn't ask that you agree with me or that Castagyr agrees with Leonan. I will find a way to agree (again in character) and follow the paladin with goal of continuing as a party and fun for everyone.

So pardon me, but I am going to be direct:
1. I am getting increasingly turned off with the continual nitpicking of assumptions on what you only think Castagyr is going to do.
2. The argumentative interactions and lectures IC (and now OOC) are also taking away from my enjoyment of the game. I am going to respectfully ask you to stop doing it.

I expect directness since we cannot discuss this at the table. You will not/cannot insult me so don't worry about it.

I don't assume anything about your actions, I draw my conclusions from the way you described Castagyrs behaviour and words. Instead of ignoring Leonan, you could describe what you plan to do. This way you're just reinforcing Leonans perceptions. I (as a player) will react to whatever you do, but in-game assumptions of the character is that Castagyr will create problems. This is not neatpicking, this is explorations of options that you (as a player) may have overlooked.

I am willing to follow your direction as to appropriate manner of interaction. Would you please describe how my character can interact with your character without you personally getting annoyed? Also, if there is any special thing you don't like, let me / us know so I / we can avoid it.

That said, surprise me! Make Castagyr do something I don't expect :)

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
@perinmiller
At the risk of presuming your intentions and personality, it seems like you are conflating character actions and thoughts with player opinions.

Leonan likely thinks Castagyr is a pompous twat. He might well be (Paladins tend to conform to type!), but Neurotic is a capable and rational player with a talent for creative problem solving. Very distinct!

You're playing Castagyr well, according to his type (hey diddle diddle, straight up the middle). Good work! :) If and when we (the party) survive the coming encounter I hope he begins the journey all Paladins have to take, of accepting other people's (characters) plans from time to time.

In my decades of experience with this game, Paladins are excellent RP inspiration. Playing out their agonising journey from thinking they are invincible self-righteous holy warriors to realisation of the awful compromises that are needed for the world to function is great fun. :)

Last edited:

Neurotic

@perinmiller
Neurotic is a capable and rational player with a talent for creative problem solving. Very distinct!

Thank you! :) High prize from someone with so much experience!
And I also have high regards for your characters and play style - maybe we're just two old curmudgeons that understand each other?! :p

mips42

Adventurer
It seems the GM needs to weigh in, so here goes:
I want to believe that everyone is up to the challenge of playing their character in the way that seems appropriate to them. I also want to believe that everyone is up to the challenge of separating Character actions, words and thoughts from Player actions, words and thoughts.
It is up to each of us to literally or figuratively say This is what this Character said or did and this is how my character feels about that and have them act accordingly, while separating our own feelings from the same situation.
If anyone here feels that they cannot do so, they are free to step away from the virtual table.
Said another way, Character disagreements are one thing, player disagreements are something completely different. I ask everyone to be respectful of the other players and their roleplaying choices, no matter how you personally feel about them. Period.

Axel

First Post
Thank you! :) High prize from someone with so much experience!
And I also have high regards for your characters and play style - maybe we're just two old curmudgeons that understand each other?! :p

Thanks. Your scenario seems likely. Excuse me, I have to go rant somewhere on the internet about how the old ways were always better. ;-)

Last edited:

Neurotic

[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], how small is the "small grimy window" from behind? Can Brlo and/or Leonan go through? And how fast? We don't need long fight here, but we also don't want anyone to go and inform the rest of the guild.

Remove ads