• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LMoP [ooc]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
My GM says he's not aware of any sharing possibility besides joining the game. For that, you have to select "player link for this adventure is..."...but the players need the link to the adventure and join on the site. I think it would be easier for all to use google docs or your images of the map (for reference purposes) and we'll move around and check who's where before posting (so, for example, if Leonan was casting lightning bolt on enemy line and in the meantime one of them charged Vottr and Castagyr moved to his place in line, it would be my error to cast through the line)

My 2c.

Neurotic

I believe it was just realism of the image maps rather then any specific problem with google docs itself (plus extra work for GM obviously to set it all up). Look back at around start of the year or search through this thread...it should return relevant posts.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I'll be Away From Keyboard on Christmas Day, so I may be slow to post until the weekend.

In the IC thread, we didn't post positions, so I don't know how far all of the party was from the Redbrands. I know Vottr threw a ranged weapon, so he must not have been up in their faces. Did perrinmiller say Castagyr was lance-length away from the line of redbrands? If so, Eddicus might be that far also. (Eddicus did not draw a melee weapon, and was trying to ease the conversation slightly by referring to the weather.)

To All: Merry Christmas, or Happy Holiday of your choice!

mips42

Adventurer
like using maps, but I fail to see the point of using them in an application no one can access.
This is inaccurate. People CAN access it if they know how. I am working on this. According to roll20, the player link is https://app.roll20.net/join/744380/fhtK-g
I believe that, if you follow the link you can join the game (which is 90% about maps and 10% about NPC HP tracking). I also believe that, if you join, I can make it so you can move your own counter. I am a raw beginner at roll20.
As to why not Google draw, https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1Ot11Mg9O3CLOW-8S4TLL3wLtIsNmE_d2YB-flioj49o/edit

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I'm back from out of town, so I can post again as usual.

I hope everybody had a Merry (or at least tolerable) Christmas. :angel:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Well, I can access the map via Roll20, but it takes forever to load and is a pain from a smart phone.

The Google Drawing is easier, all you have to do is posts shareable link. (which you didn't do) Click the padlock icon to open the permissions. I typically allow anyone with the link to edit for letting my players move their own tokens. Or you can set it for only view and they cannot.

Axel

First Post
What's wrong with old fashioned description, imagination and DM judgement? :-/

Sorry, I learned to play when figurines were for war gamers.

Neurotic

Me too, but the games like this where we're not all at the same table and where we can immediately correct misunderstandings are better with the map. It sets the table for everyone and enables players to act with surety without DMs input.

Remove ads