LMoP [ooc]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Brlo stared after Caatagyr's back with consternation. "Aye, som'n 'as t'save 'im from 'imself."

With a sigh the Dwarf hurried after the others, quarter stuff thumping the ground as his crossbow rhythmically clacked into his mail. Dragonborn must have strange families. What about uncles? Cousins? Brother and sister? There got to be more than the poor girl's mother alive!
The way I read it, Brlo was staying with everyone else. So this fight should be 4 on 4, yeah?

Axel

First Post
:-/

How did we end up in a fight in this situation? Stealth and subtlety would've worked much better...

Brlo will be at the back. By virtue of reluctance to be part of any battle, and by lower speed than almost everyone else. If things go for a few rounds or more he might make an appearance, I guess.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
We'll get two thugs inside :) and prevent anyone from leaving...although it might be difficult if there are secret exits...I'm afraid of that shack behind the tavern...

mips42

Adventurer
The rear window is roughly two feet square. Leonan might be able to get through it but you'd have to break/remove the glass and it'd take some work to climb through. Brlo would very likely not be able to get through at all.

mips42

Adventurer
Hey, while I'm thinking about it. I hope all of you have a happy and safe whatever you celebrate this time of year. So: merry, Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa or whatever! Be well.

mips42

Adventurer
FYI / Heads up: The Surprise Round
[sblock=Per Players Handbook]
The DM determines who might be surprised. If neither side tries to be stealthy, they automatically notice each other. Otherwise, the DM compares the Dexterity (Stealth) checks of anyone hiding with the passive Wisdom (Perception) score of each creature on the opposing side. Any character or monster that doesn’t notice a threat is surprised at the start of the encounter.
If you’re surprised, you can’t move or take an action on your first turn of the combat, and you can’t take a reaction until that turn ends. A member of a group can
be surprised even if the other members aren’t.
C o m b a t S t e p b y S t e p
1. Determine surprise. The DM determines whether anyone
involved in the combat encounter is surprised.
2. Establish positions. The DM decides where all the
characters and monsters are located. Given the
adventurers’ marching order or their stated positions in
the room or other location, the DM figures out where the
adversaries are—how far away and in what direction.
3. Roll initiative. Everyone involved in the combat encounter
rolls initiative, determining the order of combatants’ turns.
4. Take turns. Each participant in the battle takes a turn in
initiative order.
5. Begin the next round. When everyone involved in the
combat has had a turn, the round ends. Repeat step 4 until
the fighting stops.
[/sblock]
As I see it, if your character or the opposing NPC/Monster does not have a Reaction listed for them, they may move or attack, but not both. Essentially, half a turn.
Since, in this case, Vottr is the Surpriser (I know that, while the redbrands were spoiling for a fight, they weren't expecting a hand-axe to be thrown at them...) He gets his attack first. Based on replies, It also appears that Vottr's attack Surprised the rest of the group. Therefore, the Redbrands and the rest of the party get a Reaction based upon initiative AFTER Vottr.

As this is the second time a surprise round has occurred, I wanted to make sure everyone knew what was what.

If you are interested, the Maps and such are kept here: https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/744380/enworld-lost-mine
I don't know at this point how to let people in. If you do, let me know and I will do so.

Since the subject has come up again and we've added new players, I will address maps. For my part, the maps are not, again NOT, intended as an absolute positioning of your characters, even though most of the maps contain squares. (they are mostly borrowed) The maps are only are intended to give an idea of what is where for those that need it. You are free to use or ignore them as you so choose.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
If you are interested, the Maps and such are kept here: https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/744380/enworld-lost-mine
I don't know at this point how to let people in. If you do, let me know and I will do so.
I like using maps, but I fail to see the point of using them in an application no one can access. Why not use Google Drawing? It is so easy and you can let people move their own tokens around themselves.

An example:
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1k4QyrkOzgEXqqdpispG48cj-80KylNlOOu-spWN_r2w/edit

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I like using maps, but if they are not accurate it is worse then not having them.

I'll ask for rolld20, maybe we have to have an account there and join your game? That is how my group shares it (there is also real time chat and roller) - we play real time

In the meantime, post the map as before.
[MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION], I suggested it when I joined the game. It was voted on and rejected. Good to know there is more support now :)

Remove ads