Login issues

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
My sincerest apologies, it appears someone has been up to some nasty business that has required the staff at EN World to temporarily prevent accesss to the chats until we can find out how to fix the exploit.

In the mean time please do feel free to use the backup rooms at Unlikely Heroes.

Keon

First Post
*sighs* I guess since everyone see's that Enworld is down and decides to not log onto Unlikely Hero's also...oh well...I hear my PS2 calling me lol

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Lince'sa said:
if there is an exploit, Gabe dear, please tell us what? atleast if other computers are involved.
No other computers involved and no signs of them getting into the database, just it appears someone is abusing some files the chat software to send out mass emails. Naturally we consider this a bad thing so we're working on how to stop them from abusing the software.

Sorry if it sounded worse than it was.

Last edited:

Bhryn

First Post
...ah...I did wonder why it's still frozen to the right of the board screen, telling people I'm logged in when I'm not XD

Lince'sa

First Post
Magi_Gabriel said:
No other computers involved and no signs of them getting into the database, just it appears someone is abusing some files the chat software to send out mass emails. Naturally we consider this a bad thing so we're working on how to stop them from abusing the software.

Sorry if it sounded worse than it was.
Thank you for the update and information. However the post from Bhryn still bothers me a bit?

Bhryn said:
...ah...I did wonder why it's still frozen to the right of the board screen, telling people I'm logged in when I'm not XD

You mean you aren't logged in but it says you are since the site was taken down or before?
I do hope no passwords are involved and it doesn't sound like it, but I tend to over think things sometimes : ).

Tharivious

First Post
Lince'sa said:
You mean you aren't logged in but it says you are since the site was taken down or before?
I do hope no passwords are involved and it doesn't sound like it, but I tend to over think things sometimes : ).
Most likely it's just a matter of the database not refreshing the side menu while it's on lock down, much like a screen shot. Just like the way the side menu is sometimes a few minutes behind the times on who is actually logged into the chats.

Remove ads