Looking for a post apocalyptic setting (ala Fallout)

Kraedin

First Post
I wouldn't recommend using the rules from the Fallout PnP game. SPECIAL works fine when a computer is crunching the numbers, but when you have to do it yourself -- yuk. I mean, armor has damage reduction by a fixed amount, damage reduction by a percentage amount, and different amounts of each for every type of damage. I believe that's 10 different values for each suit of armor.

Halivar

First Post
Hrmm...

I got this copy of RIFTS I've wanted to convert to d20 for a LONG time.

Anybody done any work on convertng the Palladium Books game system to d20?

senodam

First Post
A little, but I gave up after being flamed to oblivion on the Palladium forums. That and Ms. Simbieda telling me I couldn't do it and post it anywhere- EVER. I might still have some notes lying around somewhere though. I'll dig about for them.

Halivar

First Post
Never mind. The effort involved (pretty much a full rewrite) isn't worth the trouble froma trademark violation.

Instead, perhaps a mix of readily available stuff? Perhaps D20 Modern + Mecha Crusade (Polyhedron #154, in case you want mecha in your post-apocolyptic setting... which I always do *snicker*).

Anything else that would work well?

Last edited:

Severion

First Post
Omega World (from Poly) plus several other Poly games like Mecha Crusade and Thunderball Rally (for weapons and vehicles)

Halivar

First Post
Dang. How in the world can I get my hands on all those old Poly's? I don't normally collect D&D mags (since none of the bookstores in my area carry them).

Remove ads