• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks: All in a Nights Work (DM: DMDanW, Judge: Renau1g)

RedBeardJim

First Post
H'raken makes his way to a tall wardrobe on the far side of the bed and motions towards it. "The parcel you seek is in here, down on the bottom shelf. I'd open the door myself, but my hands are tied" H'raken exclaims. In a quiter tone so that only Gellan and Gloom can hear he continues, "Look take whatever you want, but please release me and you have my word that I'll not bother you again. You see the local law enforcement and I are not on good terms and, well, come on - you understand right?"

"Your quarrels with the law are not my concern; likewise their quarrels with you. We are here to retrieve Lord Ogglebottom's property, that is all. Gloom, if anything should happen to me now, do you cut his throat," Gellan replies as he moves to the wardrobe and opens the doors.

Ozymandias79

First Post
Zharne picks up the goblin's dropped staff and strips the half-orc of the leather armor then asks his comrades, "any of you have knowledge in magic items?"

OOC: sorry for being so silent, my other L4W character has a dragon to contend with so I am currently favoring him at the moment

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=DMDanW]
"My names is Shar-doo, shaman and leader of da once mighty broken tooth tribe. We's now works for H'raken and 'is men. So what's it yous wants wits us"
Whom do you serve, Shaman of the Broken Tooth? In which god's name do you lead your tribe?
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
"Your quarrels with the law are not my concern; likewise their quarrels with you. We are here to retrieve Lord Ogglebottom's property, that is all. Gloom, if anything should happen to me now, do you cut his throat," Gellan replies as he moves to the wardrobe and opens the doors.

Gellan grasps the wardrobe door and slowly opens it. inside there is what you would expect to find - a few pairs of boots, spare clothing, personal grooming implements - as well as the polished wooden case as described to you by Lord Ogglebottom. As Gellan reaches in to grab it a couple of other things grab his attention. Off to the side near the box is a black leather collar with a large bloodstone inset in it. Also there is a noticeable large coin-purse hanging on a peg that begs to be taken.

Zharne picks up the goblin's dropped staff and strips the half-orc of the leather armor then asks his comrades, "any of you have knowledge in magic items?"

"I do" shouts a familiar voice coming from the stairs. As you turn to see the source of the voice you see your gnomish companion Jehad making his way down. "I saw a few of these bandits trying to escape and by the fear in their eyes I figured that you were almost done down here" he quips. "Oh, and don't worry, I took care of those guys that tried to get away" he grins. "So what did you find" he asks Zharne

Whom do you serve, Shaman of the Broken Tooth? In which god's name do you lead your tribe?

The goblin looks at Minharath for a moment before he allows his thoughts to continue. "I served the mighty war chief Grizthuk, who all the tribe worshiped as he was mighty and powerful. Grizthuk along with the rest of the tribe are no more. As for a god, I call out to Prozfa for guidance in my times of need". With that he slowly reaches to his neck and pulls forth one of the other necklaces he wears to show the symbol of Prozfa, or as she is known in Daunton Peresefa. As he does so you notice a variety of other symbols on some of the other cords and chains he wears.

"Why did you want that thing at the first place?" asks Gloom, not sure yet what he want to do of those petty criminals.

"I don't want it for myself" he states to Gloom. "We were hired to aquire that box. That's what the Jackals do - we acquire things for those who don't want to or can't do it themselves. You know, kind of like you guys - someone pays you to get the things they want and you get it" his sentence ending in a very noticeable sarcastic tone, and a slight grin crosses his face.

DMDanW

First Post
"You had the box, did you want the kid too?" asks Gloom

H'raken lets out a soft chuckle at Glooms comment. "Ah the kid, now there was the true mark" he replies to Gloom. "That box there, as important as it is to old Ogglebottom, was just the bait. What my employer was really after was Ogglebottoms son. Whatever is in that box, well it can be replaced most likely - a son, well that is another matter all together. We were supposed to get the kid and hand him over. I'm guessing that he was going to be held for a mighty high ransom, one that Ogglebottom would be sure to pay."

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock]
The goblin looks at Minharath for a moment before he allows his thoughts to continue. "I served the mighty war chief Grizthuk, who all the tribe worshiped as he was mighty and powerful. Grizthuk along with the rest of the tribe are no more. As for a god, I call out to Prozfa for guidance in my times of need". With that he slowly reaches to his neck and pulls forth one of the other necklaces he wears to show the symbol of Prozfa, or as she is known in Daunton Peresefa. As he does so you notice a variety of other symbols on some of the other cords and chains he wears.
Minharath reaches up to untangle some of the cords around the goblin's neck. Once he has separated out the symbol of Peresefa, he draws the other necklaces over the goblin's head and sets them aside.
Honor each of the gods when it is their time. Give each his due. But keep your prayers clear of clutter, and do not confuse the gods by trying to revere all. Let Prozfa be your guide, and offer yourself to her alone when you are in need. With all this clutter, he gestures at the necklaces lain aside, each an homage to a different god. "Your goddess could not hear you clearly. Let your faith be simple and clear, focused on your service."
[/sblock]

Banesfinger

Explorer
"I do"
Thorn hears a familiar voice coming from the stairs. He sees his gnomish companion Jehad making his way down.

With Jehad helping Zharne with the prisoners, and with no warning shouts from Gloom or Gellan, Thorn decides to investigate the rough cavern entrance.

As he digs in his pack and pulls out a glowing sun rod to brush away the darkness. As he steps into the cave, he calls back to his companions.
"I hear water. Perhaps this is some kind of escape route to the docks area. I will quickly check it out."

Remove ads