Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks: All in a Nights Work (DM: DMDanW, Judge: Renau1g)

RedBeardJim

First Post
"There is the matter of the dead people upstairs. Certainly we could explain it if needed, but I think it would be easier to not have to."

[sblock=loot]I could go for that, assuming it's hide armor.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I don't know, but Bloodcut can only be put on Leather or Hide. And if it is a Leather, I can give you 25 gp of the loot so you transfers the enchantment to an hide armor.[/SBLOCK]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Well I had said it was leather, but what the heck, it can be Hide for convenience sake. So, POOF! it is now Bloodcut Hide Armor (still medium size though, but perhaps a wealth and appreciative merchant lord could help you out with that)
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Well I had said it was leather, but what the heck, it can be Hide for convenience sake. So, POOF! it is now Bloodcut Hide Armor (still medium size though, but perhaps a wealth and appreciative merchant lord could help you out with that)

Either way, it is too large and need to be magically shrunk, it is a leather armor and need to be transfer to an hide armor, the solution for Gellan wish will cost 25 gp, a simple ritual. Not costly at all.[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Either way, it is too large and need to be magically shrunk, it is a leather armor and need to be transfer to an hide armor, the solution for Gellan wish will cost 25 gp, a simple ritual. Not costly at all.

Which ritual is that? Where can I find it?
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Which ritual is that? Where can I find it?
Player's Handbook said:
Enchant Magic Item
Magic drawn from the warp and weft of the universe infuses the item you hold in your hands.

Component Cost: Special
Market Price: 175 gp
Key Skill: Arcana (no check)Level: 4
Category: Creation
Time: 1 hour
Duration: Permanent

You touch a normal item and turn it into a magic item of your level or lower. The ritual’s component cost is equal to the price of the magic item you create.
You can also use this ritual to resize magic armor (for example, shrink a fire giant’s magic armor to fit a halfling). There is no component cost for this use.
First published in Player's Handbook.

In that case, the cost would be 0 gp.

Adventurer's Vault said:
Transfer Enchantment
With great care and concentration, you carefully strip magical power from one object to imbue it in another.

Component Cost: 25 gp
Market Price: 175 gp
Key Skill: Arcana (no check)Level: 4
Category: Creation
Time: 1 hour
Duration: Permanent

You transfer the magical qualities (properties, powers, and enhancement bonus) of an enchanted item into another object. You must maintain physical contact with both items for the duration of the ritual. The receiving item must occupy the same magic item slot (head, waist, armor, and so on) and be the same type (wand, rod, weapon, and so on) as the original item. The enchantment to be moved must be valid for the receiving item, so that you cannot transfer ranged weapon properties to melee weapons, cloth-only armor properties to chainmail, and so on.
You can transfer an enchantment to an item that already contains a lower-level enchantment, but the receiving item’s previous magic is lost. For example, the enhancement bonus and power of a suit of +1 barkskin hide (5th level) could be placed into a suit of +1 curseforged scale (3rd level), but the scale armor’s existing power is lost in doing so. You cannot transfer an enchantment to an item that already has a higher-level enchantment.

First published in Adventurer's Vault.

In that case, the cost would be 25 gp.[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=Bloodcut Armor]
OK lets just make it hide armor and be done with it - I don't need to make getting treasure more difficult for you PC's than it needs to be. Now lets carry on shall we?
[/sblock]

Alright so you guys are taking the boat then? Please let me know what your intentions are and we can keep this adventure moving along...

Banesfinger

Explorer
"When the city watch finally does arrive, I would like to be safely at a tavern, drinking an ale, and counting my reward."

Thorn boards the row boat, awaiting the others...he casts off the rope and places the oars in the water - ready to make a quick get-a-way.

Remove ads