• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks: All in a Nights Work (DM: DMDanW, Judge: Renau1g)

RedBeardJim

First Post
H'raken lets out a soft chuckle at Glooms comment. "Ah the kid, now there was the true mark" he replies to Gloom. "That box there, as important as it is to old Ogglebottom, was just the bait. What my employer was really after was Ogglebottoms son. Whatever is in that box, well it can be replaced most likely - a son, well that is another matter all together. We were supposed to get the kid and hand him over. I'm guessing that he was going to be held for a mighty high ransom, one that Ogglebottom would be sure to pay."

"Hnn," grunts Gellan as he looks through the wardrobe. "I am guessing that Ogglebottom figured that for your plan as well. Lucky for his son, less so for you. I hope your employer is an understanding person."

Turning back, he hefts the box in one hand and the coinpurse and collar in the other. "You invite me to take what I want, and so I take these as a penalty for making this day harder than it needed to be."

DMDanW

First Post
"Do you care to tell us who have hired you and where we could find him?" asks Gloom

"Well I'd love to, but you see I do not personally know this client. Some clients I meet in person to discuss business with, some prefer anonymity. This particular client delivers orders by letter, with instructions as what we are to do and how to handle transactions." He manages a slight smile and shrugs, "The last letter is on my table over there. That's all I can give you" he says, and gestures towards the table.

[sblock]
Minharath reaches up to untangle some of the cords around the goblin's neck. Once he has separated out the symbol of Peresefa, he draws the other necklaces over the goblin's head and sets them aside.
Honor each of the gods when it is their time. Give each his due. But keep your prayers clear of clutter, and do not confuse the gods by trying to revere all. Let Prozfa be your guide, and offer yourself to her alone when you are in need. With all this clutter, he gestures at the necklaces lain aside, each an homage to a different god. "Your goddess could not hear you clearly. Let your faith be simple and clear, focused on your service."
[/sblock]

Shar-doo looks up at Minharath and gives a genuine smile. "I thanks you kind priest" and he gives a slight bow. He then looks worriedly around the room and then back at Minharath. "You and your friends, whats yous going to do wit me" he asks, fear creeping into his voice.

"I do"
Thorn hears a familiar voice coming from the stairs. He sees his gnomish companion Jehad making his way down.

With Jehad helping Zharne with the prisoners, and with no warning shouts from Gloom or Gellan, Thorn decides to investigate the rough cavern entrance.

As he digs in his pack and pulls out a glowing sun rod to brush away the darkness. As he steps into the cave, he calls back to his companions.
"I hear water. Perhaps this is some kind of escape route to the docks area. I will quickly check it out."

Thorn makes his way down the tunnel, and after a few twists and turns comes to a larger cavern. The cavern opens up to the sea beyond and from the shadows beyond appears to be under the docks. There is a small dock here with a crane for transferring cargo, and a small row boat tied up to the dock.

"Hnn," grunts Gellan as he looks through the wardrobe. "I am guessing that Ogglebottom figured that for your plan as well. Lucky for his son, less so for you. I hope your employer is an understanding person."

Turning back, he hefts the box in one hand and the coinpurse and collar in the other. "You invite me to take what I want, and so I take these as a penalty for making this day harder than it needed to be."

H'raken shrugs his shoulders once more. "Not like I can stop you now can I" he responds. "As for my employer, well, I can guarantee you that he will not be happy with what has happened here tonight. I am sure he will attempt to punish me and my boys, but I'd watch your backs if I were you."

Velmont

First Post
"And what will your employer do? Kill me? Like if I cared..." replies Gloom as he walks to the table. He takes the letter and quickly read it before putting it in his pack. "It seems you will live at least another day, so I suggest you take care of you and your man and forget this city. Next time, I can't guarantee you we will be that merciful. " Gloom scan the room one last time. "Let's head back to the others."

Tomalak

First Post
Speaking quietly, Minharath responds "We are here to retrieve an object. We have no quarrel with hired muscle. You would do well to leave the city, leave behind the quarrels of powerful men who would discard you as they would broken tools. Gather your tribe, go into the wild and build a shrine to she who brings you life and good fortune. This place is not good for your people." Checking the bindings on the little shaman, he rises and speaks. "My order abhors the taking of life unnecessarily. I will see that you are released when we are done here." Minharath turns to look at anyone of the party still in the room, to gauge their reaction to his words.

Banesfinger

Explorer
After Thorn takes a quick glance at the sea cavern, he runs back to the rest of the group.

"Hey guys - the bandits have an escape route back there. They even left us a nice boat! If we don't want to be spotted leaving through the main doors of this warehouse, I think we could leave on the boat without getting noticed."

While waiting for the group to gather, Thorn sniffs around the stacks of boxes.
[sblock=ooc background]
Thorn is looking around for mysterous cures - see his background notes.
Thorn
[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
"That could be useful," remarks Gellan as he and Gloom walk back into the main room. "Is the boat large enough for all of us? And does any of us know how to use one?"

DMDanW

First Post
You all make your way back into the main room. Jehad looks over the items Gellan and Gloom retrieved from H'rakens chambers as well as the items deemed of value in the main chamber and explains to you what magical properties they contain.

Thorn spends some time sniffing at the boxes and crates around the room. A variety of smells assault your keen senses, but none seem out of the ordinary.

The boat was a simple row boat, which could perhaps seat 8 people and is operated by 2 large oars.

What now?

[sblock=Loot Breakdown]

Holy Symbol taken from Shar-doo = Symbol of Divinity +1

Staff wielded by Shar-doo = Staff of Ruin +1

Collar taken from H'rakens chamber = Collar of Recovery +1

Karls Armor = Bloodcut Armor +1

Bag of coins taken from H'rakens chamber = contains 600gp in coins and gems

[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
"The boat does sound a wise end to this endeavor. Let us be away from this place."
Minharath scoops up the pile of discarded holy symbols and occupies his idle hands untangling the cords.
[sblock=DMDanW]If everybody files towards the boat, Minharath will hang back long enough to politely allow others before him. Then he'll reach down and untie Shar-Doo before running out to the boat with the others. Of course, if they don't all file peacefully to the boat, then please ignore this message[/sblock]

Banesfinger

Explorer
"I agree - as the Inner Harbor district is along the waterfront, the row boat should take us almost directly to the Extraordinary Emporium of Exotic Exports ."

Thorn will lead the others to the row boat he found in the sea cave.

Velmont

First Post
"Do we have something to flee? Why escape by boat?" wonders Gloom. "If someone need to escape, it is H'raken and hi goons. Their employer will not like their failure."

[sblock=Loot Breakdown]Let me guess the split:

Holy Symbol taken from Shar-doo = Symbol of Divinity +1 => Minharath

Staff wielded by Shar-doo = Staff of Ruin +1 => Zharne

Collar taken from H'rakens chamber = Collar of Recovery +1 => Thorn

Karls Armor = Bloodcut Armor +1 => Gellan

Bag of coins taken from H'rakens chamber = contains 600gp in coins and gems => Gloom

How does it sounds?[/sblock]

Remove ads