Lost-Eberron-4E Style(recruiting closed)OOC

garyh

First Post
Of course. I was meaning so of the other interrupts that negate the hit altogether(like ranger powers that allow a shift) for crits. I just want to make things easier for you guys. If you want to do interrupts like that it is fine by me. :D I want to make sure you are having fun. If you aren't, then I'll start losing players, which I want to avoid(though deaths are a different story)

One other thing I want to bring up is treasure. I probably am going to give magic items instead of the gold you would usually get because of the setting. If the game lasts that long, you will find yourselves off the island, then the gold could be used. There will still be some gp, just not as much as normal. Thoughts?

As far as interrupts and reactions, the only current ones for Xandren would be OA's or Combat Challenges. I'm happy to let you roll those for me in the interest of speed.

I think the more items / less gold treasure idea makes perfect sense in this scenario, and is fine with me.

EvolutionKB

First Post
As far as advancement goes: I would love to move things as quickly as possible, but at the same time I want you to earn things as well. If the what I have planned doesn't level you guys in a quick fashion, I may just have you level to keep things moving. Then again, I've got a reputation as PC killer to keep here too ;). Since combats are heavy and hard, I don't anticipate a layoff of players, and advancement should be relatively quick because of the higher level of challenges(maybe 7 encounters instead of 10 per level). All in all as long as there is interest and good pacing this game should take us high into the epic levels(a long shot for a PbP but I am going to give stonegod's ravenloft game a run for the money.)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Thanks Garyh, I'll roll those interrupts for you if I have to speed things up.

The only things that would affect the increase in items would be the limit in item daily powers. I may increase that in certain circumstances if it becomes a problem.

My wife seems pretty engrossed on working on our honeymoon scrapbook today, so I should be on for constant updates while I watch basketball.

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
I have to agree. Other than my unfortunate absence, the game has been a lot of fun. Here's hoping there won't be another one of those ice storms. :p

I'm all for the more items-less gold system, especially considering the setting. It's easy to believe that plenty of cool items have washed ashore with the ships and been collected by the local fauna. We just get to gather it all up from its current owners. :D

I'm still working on figuring the Warden class out. It's interesting that one of my at-wills allows me to attack with reach, but that my marking ability is a close burst 1. I'll have to figure out how to make that work.

Great job with the RP so far, players, and awesome descriptive efforts, Evo. I'm really enjoying this so far.

Oni

First Post
I hear reach weapons are really good for Warden's since marks can't shift away to avoid punishment if they attack.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Oni,

I saw your question on flaming sphere. This is how I see it: You can sustain it each each round with a minor action, making an attack with it each round as a standard action.

Thoughts? (Both Oni and everybody else)

Oni

First Post
Oni,

I saw your question on flaming sphere. This is how I see it: You can sustain it each each round with a minor action, making an attack with it each round as a standard action.

Thoughts? (Both Oni and everybody else)

Having read and digested all the different responses I feel the that the most proper reading is that you must sustain to have the option to attack with it. Which is fine I reckon, it's a pretty good daily anyway.

Remove ads