• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost-Eberron-4E Style(recruiting closed)OOC

EvolutionKB

First Post
Ata, you can't actually see the goblin currently. He sniped then disappeared from view again. Go ahead and edit your post, otherwise, I'll assume you double move in the direction you last saw him.

EvolutionKB

First Post
As I do for all my games a couple things I like to ask. What are your thoughts on the game so far? Pacing good? The only thing I might do different, is summarize the monsters actions in in an sblock. For example, I might say, goblin hits Thormir for 12 or beetle crits Hesh for 8. I'll give the mechanical explanations for what happens in the narrative. Thoughts on this?

Atanatotatos

First Post
Lessee... great fun so far, the concept is great, hope this game lasts (a few more games I were in died in the past few weeks :() and great roleplaying from the others.
As for combat, the only improvement I can think of is you posting the rolls. I don't mean rolling on IC, I don't mind if you roll acual dices on your own, I mean just writing them down in a summary like the one you were thinking of. That's not because I don't trust you, of course, but because in my experience it's very easy to forget little bonus or penalties and such (like, I keepforgetting warlocks' shadow walk, for example) so the players can help spot such things in some situations where it might count; not like it's a big problem if you don't.
So yeah basically only request is "keep the game going" :D

garyh

First Post
Yeah, I agree, the game's going well and is going at a nice pace. We had a good bunch of RP to start, and I think you introduced the first fight at an good moment in a good way. I think everyone's doing a good job RPing the situation, as well.

Oni

First Post
I'm definately enjoying it so far. :)

As far as transparency and posting the mechanics of enemy turns, it's always nice to see what's going on. One thing to consider though, doing so will have some influence on the power of certian things, like staff of defense and shield powers. It's never been really clear to me whether the designers intended players should know the the numbers when they use these powers, but it does affect their usefulness.

EvolutionKB

First Post
You make a good point with the staff of defense ability. From now on I would like those with interrrupts to include a note in their combat stats if/when they would like use these abilities. Such as: I'll use staff of defense the first time I am hit in combat or if if I am hit by a crit, I'll use...That way if the situation comes up, you won't have to post to tell me(though that would work too, it doesn't take that much work to edit).

Oni

First Post
That might be a little awkward. Personally I'd prefer to handle it the way we did before. There are some foes you'd just rather avoid hits from and using abilities at the right time seems important to me. Plus with SoD you get to know the damage before you us it, so you don't go and waste it on 1 damage and of course on the flipside of that it probably wouldn't be able to stop a crit either since the roll would have to be so high for that to have occurred.

EvolutionKB

First Post
That might be a little awkward. Personally I'd prefer to handle it the way we did before. There are some foes you'd just rather avoid hits from and using abilities at the right time seems important to me. Plus with SoD you get to know the damage before you us it, so you don't go and waste it on 1 damage and of course on the flipside of that it probably wouldn't be able to stop a crit either since the roll would have to be so high for that to have occurred.

Of course. I was meaning so of the other interrupts that negate the hit altogether(like ranger powers that allow a shift) for crits. I just want to make things easier for you guys. If you want to do interrupts like that it is fine by me. :D I want to make sure you are having fun. If you aren't, then I'll start losing players, which I want to avoid(though deaths are a different story)

One other thing I want to bring up is treasure. I probably am going to give magic items instead of the gold you would usually get because of the setting. If the game lasts that long, you will find yourselves off the island, then the gold could be used. There will still be some gp, just not as much as normal. Thoughts?

Atanatotatos

First Post
Perfectly fine with more items-less gps. Couple questions:
-Do you have any ideas on what the lenght of the game would ideally be?
-Do you plan to have normal level advancement, or somewhat faster, or plot-based?

Just out of curiosity...

Remove ads