D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver - CG

hafrogman

Adventurer
Evelyn spies the goblin scurrying on the path below as she crosses the bridge, but leaves him be once she determines that he's running away, out of the cave. She continues across and joins her companions in the western tunnels, coming in at the tail end of the conversation. She nods upon seeing Sildar.

"Well, that's one of them. Where's the other?"

tglassy

Adventurer
"I need healing," Jax said, standing there with a gaping hole in his shoulder. Sure, it didn't bleed, and he didn't seem to be in pain, but the vigor he was feeling was a facsimile of life, not the real thing. It wouldn't last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Sildar explains, "I met Gundren Rockseeker in Neverwinter and agreed to accompany him to Phandalin. The three Rockseeker brothers; Gundren, Tharden, and Nundro; recently located an entrance to the long-lost Wave Echo Cave, site of the mines of the Phandelver's Pact."

"More than five hundred years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelver's Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge (called the Forge of Spells), where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin prospered as well. But then disaster struck when orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path."

"A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked Wave Echo Cave to seize its riches and
magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the Forge of Spells, and the ensuing spell battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of Wave Echo Cave was lost."

"Klarg, the bugbear who leads this goblin band, had orders to waylay Gundren. I heard from the goblins
that the Black Spider sent word that the dwarf was to be brought to him."

He continues, "I hate to ask, but I could use some healing myself."

ccs

41st lv DM
Roy lags a few paces behind Evelyn, keeping an eye on the passage behind them. There was Afterall another passage out of the eastern room that they didn't check out....
When he spies the goblin running away down below it's too late to take a shot.

Hearing the man's acount: "A Bugbear you say?"
Roy then keeps an even more vigilant watch.

tglassy

Adventurer
Jax rolled his eyes as the man went on and on. Until he mentioned powerful magic.

OOC: Would Jax know anything about the Black Spider, having worked for Glasstaff?

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Remove ads