• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver - CG

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Round 1:
Jax unleashes hellfire on the goblins, wiping the majority of them out where they stood. The remaining goblin below jabs at Jax with a javelin as Jax files out of range, missing him. The goblin steps towards the tunnel and hurls that javelin at Jax with deadly accuracy. Jax is barely standing.

Round 2:
Initiative
Group 1
19 Evelyn
17 Salazar
16 Jax
14 Lupin
Roy if he beats 13 in initiative
Group 2
13 Yeemik, Goblins
Group 3
7 Brother Lantern
Roy if he doesn't beat 13 in initiative

Group 1 is up.

G1: 1/7 hp
G6: 7/7 hp
G7: 7/7 hp
Yeemik: 12/12 hp

[sblock=Map] cragmaw hide battle.png[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls]OA on Jax: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6
1D6+2 = [2]+2 = 4
Intimidation DC 10: 1D20-1 = [6]-1 = 5
G1 Javelin on Jax: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8
Crit: 1D6 = [2] = 2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Nope! He gets temp hit points when he brings an enemy to 0 hp equal to his Warlock level + Cha modifier. So, 5 temp hp. He got hit for 10, so he has 3 left!

Jax feels the deaths of the goblins in his soul, which revels in the destruction. He feels it bolster his body with renewed vitality as he sends their souls to Asmodeous.

And then that vitality is cut short as a javelin slams into his shoulder, puncturing through to the other side. He cries in pain, nearly falling unconscious, but thanks to the souls he recently sent to Asmodeous, he was able to stay conscious.

He looks up at the goblin who threw the javelin at him, raises his hand and fires a blast of raw energy at the disgusting little creature who would DARE injure him.

OOC: This is for his next turn, feel free to wait to have it do anything until his turn.

Eldridge Blast: [roll]1d20+6[/roll] Damage: [roll]1d10[/roll
Movement: Back to the bridge, flying around a corner if there's enough movement left.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: [roll0]
[roll1]

If this kills the goblin, Jax gets another 5 temp hit points, effectively bringing him back to full, which is 8.

GM: Yes I know. The longer you last the sweeter your death will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Evelyn pushes forward into the cavern, following the curve of the path. There's a little hurry in her step as she desires to reunite the party as quickly as possible. She comes to a halt as she rounds a corner and finds Roy and two goblins.

OOC: HP: 15/15 | AC: 17
Action: Dash
Move: to T6

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
Lupin.jpg
Lupin heads for the crack and attempts to catch the goblins unaware.
[sblock=OOC]Move to I6, UA Ranger ignored difficult terrain, and shoot first enemy that happens by. [roll0] [roll1] [/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
As Salazar makes his way up the passage the floor collapses underneath him!

OOC: @eayres33 Make a DC10 Dex saving throw. Take 5 damage on a success and make it to F5, Fail take 9 damage and are prone at J6. You would still have an action at that point and I will assume you stand unless you say otherwise.

Last edited:

ccs

41st lv DM
"???"
Heading down the eastern passage Roy is initially surprised to find that Jax apparently went the other way. He could've sworn he heard Jax BSing/stalling the goblins with conversation from down the east tunnel. Must be an acoustic trick or something.
OOC: I must've misread something & thought Jax also went east.

Oh well....

Spotting several goblins ahead of him Roy recovers quickly though: initiative for round #2+: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17

Takes a few steps forward to U7, readies his shield, extends his right hand & with eyes glowing red/orange snarls something in Ignan & turns the pair into smoldering corpses.

Bunring Hands:Burning hands damage : 3D6 = [5, 3, 2] = 10

Goblin #6 takes 10 damage Save DC=11
(Burning hands save : 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10)

Goblin #7 takes 10 damage Save DC=11
(Burning hands save : 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8

I imagine Evelyn arrives just in time for this show.

As Roy's eyes dim back to normal he shakes his hand as if in some pain.

Last edited:

Remove ads