• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LOST: The Final Season (Spoilers)

fba827

Adventurer
Is there a show next week? :hmm:

Should be -- they were going to have an unbroken string of weekly shows leading up to the series finale (which, I believe, will be broadcast on a Sunday instead of the normal Tuesday).

I thought so to, Richards, but I just looked at the schedule ...
April 20
May 4
May 11
May 18
May 23 (2 hour finale; sunday night)

So it appears that it does indeed skip next week (which would be april 27)...
(unless the schedule on yahoo tv is wrong).

TracerBullet42

First Post
I thought so to, Richards, but I just looked at the schedule ...
April 20
May 4
May 11
May 18
May 23 (2 hour finale; sunday night)

So it appears that it does indeed skip next week (which would be april 27)...
(unless the schedule on yahoo tv is wrong).

That is correct. Next week will be a repeat of the episode "Ab Aeterno" (or however it was spelled...)

coyote6

Adventurer
I've been trying to figure out why they're throwing in a repeat now. Did they just not count the number of weeks and episodes right? Was the 2 hour finale originally just two episodes they're putting together? I don't think there's anything else major on another channel on the 27th, either.

Quantum

First Post
I assume that Smokey's confession that he was the image of Jack's dead father, who led Jack to fresh water in the first season, also means that he was the horse that Kate saw?

Johnathan

No, he can't leave the island.

But I for one would like to see them explain the Horse.

I'm not sure if Sayid actually killed Desmond. I hope not.

Sir Brennen

Legend
But I for one would like to see them explain the Horse.
Not only the horse, but mirage Walt, who's alive and well. So, couldn't have been Smokie at those times, right?

I'm not sure if Sayid actually killed Desmond. I hope not.
No, Sayid didn't kill Desmond. I believe Des was able to work his parallel universe love-connection on him, but from the Island side instead of Sideways world this time. Island Sayid might be the first Oceanic survivor whose aware of both worlds from the Island perspective.

Of course, Sawyer, Kate and Sayid are all going to be at the police station together, and Sideways Des hasn't contacted any of them yet.

coyote6

Adventurer
In addition to Walt, the horse, & the polar bear, there's also the kid that Locke Monster himself has been seeing. Any one with him can see the kid, but he refuses to talk about it.

Clearly, Smokey is not behind every apparition.

fba827

Adventurer
there's also the kid that Locke Monster himself has been seeing. Any one with him can see the kid, but he refuses to talk about it.

Small correction: Not everyone with Locke-Monster could see the kid. For instance, Sawyer could see the kid, but Richard could not. It may be a candidate/noncandidate thing.

Fast Learner

First Post
I've been trying to figure out why they're throwing in a repeat now. Did they just not count the number of weeks and episodes right? Was the 2 hour finale originally just two episodes they're putting together? I don't think there's anything else major on another channel on the 27th, either.
Looks like better alignment with May sweeps, to me.

coyote6

Adventurer
Small correction: Not everyone with Locke-Monster could see the kid. For instance, Sawyer could see the kid, but Richard could not. It may be a candidate/noncandidate thing.

Whoops, that's right.

Looks like better alignment with May sweeps, to me.

Probably. I'm just puzzled that they couldn't have figured that out way back when, and started on Feb. 9th rather than 2nd?

Or, maybe they added a cushion week, in case they had to postpone an episode for a presidential speech or other breaking news? No such thing happened, so they replay an episode?

Were they really clever, or kind of dumb? Hmm . . .

Fast Learner

First Post
Wikipedia says the 2010 sweeps in question are:

February 4 - March 3, 2010
April 29 – May 26, 2010

So yeah, seems like it would have been safe to restart on Feb 9. Flexibility may well have been it, you likely have that right.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads