[LPF] About a Cow

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

Aelspeth remembers with a pang of guilt that her companions were injured in the fracas.

"Hells, I apologize. I have a wand that could see you both straight." She hurries back into the house, slowing just long enough to avoid an unnecessary din where the Jezz family slumbers, and returns within minutes. The wizard holds the magical stick outward as she turns to Autumn.

"Miss Foxfire, would you be so kind as to invoke the wand for me? I am afraid I was always dreadful at this. But it seems one can never be too cautious in our line of work."

As Autumn tends to Arradon's wounds, Aelspeth takes a closer look at Barnibus. "That is truly only surface deep, I see. Will a night's rest see you right?" She shrugs and adds, "The cost of the wand is a minor thing. Tell me true if the wound pains you."

[sblock=OOC]I've already rolled the wand's effects on Arradon in the interest of time, assuming Autumn is not opposed to using it. If she would rather not, Aelspeth will attempt it herself.

Wand of CLW on Arradon: 1D8+1 = [6]+1 = 7

If Barnibus asks for the Cure, Aelspeth won't hesitate to use the wand for him as well. I envision the man as laughing at his wound, though I don't mean to be presumptuous.[/sblock]

[sblock=Edit]I keep typing Resrick when I mean Barnibus :-S[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (19/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: Wand of CLW -1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Autumn, using Aelspeth's wand, heals Arradon. Barnibus laughs off the offer of healing. It is, according to Barnibus, "A minor wound that'll be closed up and no trouble by the morning." And he is mostly right.

Day begins early on a farm and Jezz and his family are up and working before the sun is. Even though you may try, the bustle in the kitchen, the animals eager to be fed and let out of pens, and the sounds of Jezz and his offspring starting the day's work makes sleeping late difficult. And then there is the question of the kobold...

[sblock=OOC]Just a reminder to myself.

Barnibus 9/10 hp
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
The first rays of dawn awaken Arradon from a rather restless sleep leaning against the barn. Having switched watch with Barnibus during the night, he managed to get a few hours of sleep. Checking to ensure their captive is still bound he heads towards the house. He lazily strolls through the door while managing to dodge the children dashing about, he takes a seat at the kitchen table and grabs some leftover crusty bread from the previous night. Touching the gash in his armor he winces at the memory of the spear wound. Quickly finishing his bread, he heads out to the barnyard to find Jezz and inform him of the night's happenings.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 13/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1
Reflex: +6
Will: +0

Bluff: +9
Diplomacy: +7
Disable Device: +10
Perception: +7
Sense Motive: +4
Sleight of Hand: +7
Stealth: +8

Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Wand of CLW (1 Charge)
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer

Aelspeth rises with the sun, greets Autumn sleepily, and slides down to the floor beside her pack. She munches on an apple thoughtfully while she studies and executes the preparatory steps of the same spells as yesterday. She is not bothered by the morning bustle on the farm; after all, her earliest childhood studies took place above a busy storefront. And while Autumn's morning routine interests her, she is aware that some members of the party are already exercising patience while she performs her own.

Darwin awakes with his mistress and determines to have some fun with his morning routine. He hops to the floor and wanders over to the barn. Inside, he looks up at Arradon's passing back toward the house. The monkey moves into position just a few feet away from the kobold and moves his bowels. Looking at the product with a satisfied smirk, he scoops it up and throws it at the kobold's face. The poor creature, bound as it is, takes one on the chin, so to speak. Darwin hoots and shrieks in amusement and then runs back into the house.

About an hour after dawn, Aelspeth slaps her spellbook shut and stands to string her bow. That done, she checks her supplies and heads out into the main living space. She offers any of her travelling companions there a warm smile and salutation but she ignores the youngest of the Jezz offspring. She has never experienced a maternal instinct or even friendly appreciation for children. She sacrificed nearly all childhood recreation hours to become the wizard she is today, therefore she cannot relate to the tiny people and has no patience for their trivialities.

Suppressing a grimace at the antics of one toddler, too small yet to even assist with feedings, the elf woman speaks to her companion(s). "We should be able to extract a wealth of information from the kobold in the barn, one way or another. I prefer the notion of asking nicely or manipulating where necessary but I recognize the results yielded through more advanced interrogation techniques. What say you all?"

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Autumn happily uses the wand on Arradon.

[sblock=OOC]Can do a full post in the morning, but don't hold the story up for me. It would be just RP. Merry had things covered pretty well if I do say so myself. [/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Autumn slightly perks her head up when Aelspeth wakes her. Normally I am the lightest of sleepers... is this how 'normal' humans sleep all of the time? Not for the last time, civilization proves to be quite the adjustment for Autumn.

She has never completed her standard meditation ritual indoors before... and this wouldn't be this time. She gives an awkward nod to Aelspeth. "I am going for a short walk. I'll be back in an hour or so." Autumn gives a curious glance at the elf's books, and wonders what sort of magic they might contain.

~~~~~

After her walk, she comes back to the wonderful smells of the Jezz kitchen. She quietly helps herself, and remains even more quiet when the subject of interrogation comes up.

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
latest

Barnibus wakes from his sleep feeling nice and refreshed after a good night of combat. "Ahh, nothing like a good midnight rumble to get the muscles loosened up for the day ahead." He rolls his shoulder and arm in a circular motion to help stretch the muscles out. As he see the rest of the group getting ready for the day, he comes up to them to discern their intentions for the day. "So my friends, how are we going to deal with these little minions to protect our friends Jezz here and his family? Shall we wait for him to have a break and get a better idea of where the lair is then go storm it with all our great might and strength!?!" He smiles thinking of the ensuing combat.

[sblock=ooc] Thanks for the help keeping Barnibus in the game. I am back and ready to go....although the current font on my computer screen is sitting at just about max so I can see it lol. Went and got PRK(Lasik) so the eyes are still adjusting so if you see any typos please feel free to laugh at me. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 15
HP: 9/10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 0/11 rounds used
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Barnibus_the_Beautiful_(Resrick)
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer

"Asking Mister Jezz for more information is a fine idea. Our captive in the barn will have even more information if we can get him to speak. Why not do that while we wait for the farmer to come in for lunch? The dagger could be used as a bargaining chip, as I'm sure the scamp values it highly. Barnibus, not all conflicts need be resolved via physical aggression, though I am not optimistic that we shall avoid combat altogether. Have you any skill getting people to talk?"

Aelspeth turns to Autumn. "As an aside, Autumn, I would entrust my healing wand to you until we return to Venza. You are far more capable than I with that vein of magic and may well keep at least one of us from Death's doorstep."

[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
"I can make the creature talk." Arradon speaks quickly and avoids looking his companions in the eyes. The way he says the statement with such certitude makes clear what he implies. His eyes suddenly go out of focus as he is lost in a memory, A balding, middle-aged man sits tied to a chair, the air is heavy and dank. Three hooded men surround him, one of them steps forward and strikes him in the face, "Tell us where the others are!" The bald man recovers from the blow and glares with defiance at his captors. The man who struck him sighs, and strikes him again, still the bald man does not respond. One of the other hooded men draws a dagger... With a start Arradon returns to reality, he shuffles uncomfortably in the awkward silence following his declaration. I am what I am.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 13/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1
Reflex: +6
Will: +0

Bluff: +9
Diplomacy: +7
Disable Device: +10
Perception: +7
Sense Motive: +4
Sleight of Hand: +7
Stealth: +8

Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Wand of CLW (1 Charge)
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[section]
Jezz' wife, Goody, is pleased to serve breakfast to those who have promised to rid her home of the kobold danger and it is a hearty breakfast as well. The youngest children are full of energy and curiosity but Goody Jezz keeps them occupied with little chores and food. When Aelspeth goes to do her studying Goody warns her children off with vague but dire threats and Aelspeth is able to study trouble free.

Autumn's walk is refreshing and does more to reinvigorate the druid than the featherbed she slept in.

Jezz comes trundling up with a rickety wheelbarrow and interupts the group's discussion about what to do with the kobold. He bobs his head and peers around.

"Mornin'. You stash them dead devil dogs somewheres? It be more'n they deserve but you point 'em out and I'll take 'em to me back field an buries 'em. And you'll be needing to know the way to the hole, I expect. Along the treeline you'd find a deer trail. It leads to a waterin' hole me boys swim at but keep on past for a bit headin' to the sunset and it'll wind 'round to a clearing. From the clearing you'll see a strange hill and at the bottom of the hill be a hole the devil dogs lair in."

Vague directions but Autumn ran across the trail on her morning constitutional and is certain she could follow it when the time comes.
[/section]

Remove ads