[LPF] About a Cow

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

Darwin shoots an emotion Aelspeth's way. Good person. Danger! He scurries in through the cracked barn door and moves into a corner where he can watch the smelly things hunting the good person.

Aelspeth is beginning to make a friend in Venza, albeit one who seems to have too little regard for his physical wellbeing. Trusting the wild singing man and the quiet woman to dispatch the creatures outside, she quickly sidesteps and throws the barn door the rest of the way. "Arradon, close your eyes or this will be unpleasant!" Longbow in one hand, she uses her other to smash a tiny vial of colored sand on the packed earth. She reaches out with her magic and manipulates the sand as it rises into the air. Presently, a brilliant flash of many colors erupts forth from the airborne motes of sand.

[sblock=Actions]Updated Map

Aelspeth shifts and casts Color Spray

I'm really sleepy so there's a good chance I'll need to edit this post in the morning after I'm capable of spotting errors.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (19/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: ---
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Autumn gets distracted and stares as Barnibus springs into action. He is so fast and so strong... that axe... those rippling abs! So handsome.... so... She blinks her eyes and snaps out of it. Autumn Foxfire! Focus! You are an embarrassment to yourself! She carefully navigates through the underbrush next to the skald, and slashes at one of the kobolds. Her foot gets caught on one of the branches of her own spell, causing her to miss terribly. How embarrassing you fool!

[/section]

Updated map

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to R13
Standard: Melee kobold 5[/sblock]

[sblock=Attack 5]attack kobold 5: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]So I obviously wasn't thinking clearly when I posted last night. Aelspeth is 5' short of catching both kobolds in her Color Spray, which she wouldn't cast on just one enemy. I shifted rather than moving a step into the barn, thinking I would need to use a move action to finish opening the door beyond the crack Darwin accomplished. If that's not the case, she should be 5' farther east.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I was going to ask you about that since I figured you wouldn't cast on just one. The door was opened just enough and she'll be 5' farther east then.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Color washes over Arradon, who manages to close his eyes barely in time, and the two kobolds threatening him. The two fall to the ground at Arradon's feet, unconscious by Aelspeth's magics but who knows for how long.

The plants are even more restricting than Autumn expected and she is restrained from attacking after wading through the grasping weeds.

Barnibus attacks one of the kobolds but the fates are as cruel to him as they have been to Arradon of late. The kobolds attack the skald: one is bound up by grass and weeds and fails his attack but the other strikes Barnibus a glancing blow.

GM: Round Four! Everyone is up!

Updated Map

[sblock=OOC]Barnibus (save: Ref vs Entangle (1d20+3=16))

Barnibus attack: Atk vs Kobold4 (1d20+3=5)

Note, Barnibus' statblock shows his AC as 16 but his character sheet says 15. I'm assuming 16 is a typo and AC 15 is correct.

Autumn is entangled which means she can only move at half her speed. Combined with the difficult terrain caused by the spell it takes a full move action for her to reach her current position. No time for an attack, unfortunately.

Entangle 8/10 rounds

Arradon 13/18 hp
Barnibus 8/10 hp; Spear attack for 2 dmg

Kobolds AC 15
[1] 1/5 hp Unconscious+ 7/7
[2] 5/5 hp Unconscious+ 2/2
[3] -3/5 hp Dying
[4] 1/5 hp Entangled (AC 13)
[5] 5/5 hp Entangled (AC 13)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

Wasting no time once the foul kobolds are dropped, Aelspeth hops over the one still tightly clutching its prized weapon, and rushes across the barn. "I hope you're all right," she says over her shoulder as she approaches her gear stowed in the far corner. "I need your help."

Aelspeth was surrounded by arcane curiosities in her youth and spent innumerable hours memorizing the minutiae of manipulating natural energies. Needless to say, she is a detail-oriented woman who knows precisely where to find a long coil of silk rope in Kasmir's saddlebags. She retrieves it and tosses it Arradon's way without a second thought. She forgets her manners (a noticeable trend is playing out in this regard). "Tie up the wounded one. I don't care what you do with the other; I only know that I don't have the stomach to slay it myself, helpless as it is."

[sblock=OOC]Move: As on updated map.
Standard: ...?
The rules are rather fuzzy about passing items between allies and I've seen a number of interpretations/judgments. GlassEye, let me know how you want to play it for action economy (and, for that matter, if it's possible to get the rope across the barn within a single round) and if you want a ranged attack roll against AC 5 to hit Arradon's square or anything of the sort.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (19/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: ---
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Stars swirl across Arradon's vision despite having closed his eyes; the shock of light and colors ruining his night vision in the otherwise pitch-black barn. In the sudden stillness of the barn, Arradon lock eyes with Aelspeth and utters a single word, "Hantëa." Catching the rope, he sticks it through his belt before he returns his attention to the unconscious kobolds. With the grace that could only come from practice, Arradon grips one of the unconscious kobolds in an arm lock, tips back its head, and slits it's throat in one smooth motion. He lets the dying kobold fall to the floor with a faint thud as he turns to the other unconscious form; blood trickles down his dagger onto the hay strewn floor.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]
Coup de Grace vs Kobold 2:[roll0]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Elvish]
"Thank you."
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 17 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch, 2 Fighting Defensively)
HP: 13/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +0
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +8
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: Fighting Defensively (-4 Attack, +2 AC)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Remove ads