• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, & Zelena

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric holds his position for a moment and then comments over his shoulder to Zelena.

"Lass, let's move a few steps closer to the center of the circle here. Then we are away from the edge and I can ready mageslayer to smash any that come closer. Unless you have a trick to let me see one of the buggers out there."

He gestures to the spot next to him.

[sblock=Actions]Perception (1d20+10=25)
Delay and gesture to E6 for Zelena. Borric will go to F5 so Syl can 5ft step to E5 after Borric vacates the square[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +10
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 71 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Shock Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
With a nod Zelena will step to to the position indicated by Borric. Looking to Borric and Syl she asks "What is that thing?"

[sblock=Actions]Move to D-6
Knowledge Planes 1d20+6=8 (clueless)
Perception 1d20+18=25

Reminder: We are also Blessed [/sblock]
[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric (Annaya) 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +18
Conditions: Protection rom evil (80 minutes)
AC: 25 (15 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Morningstar +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, Spiritual Weapon, grace, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Magic Cirle of Protection from evil, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Blessing of Fervor, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 7 of 8 attempts remaining; Restorative Touch: 6 of 6 uses Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 uses remaining.

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Knowledge Planes 1d20+18=21

Syl reaches back into his studies and tries to recall anything he could about those icy beasts that were threatening him. He didn't remember much.

He was clever enough, however to fall in line beside Borric and Zelena, at the point Borric indicated.

Syl kept his power focused on his warrior friend, and kept his good luck hex in effect. Finally he again attempted to bolster Borric, by casting Heroism on him as well. "Try to keep them off me, big guy," Syl cracks wise, trying to hide the pain he is still in, despite Zelena's healing.

OOC: Free action--5' step & speech, move action--cackle, standard action--cast Heroism.

Sylvain statblock [sblock]Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG WikiHuman Witch 9Initiative: +6 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +8In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 18), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 19), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 20), Glitterdust (DC 20), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism^, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 22), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 21)Baleful Polymorph (DC 21), Feeblemind (DC 23)
Hexes DC 20
  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
"I call upon Annaya's power to soothe your wounds my friend," Zelena says as the Witch moves up close to her.

(( Cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Syl 2d8+8=17 (x50% for domain) = 25 hit points healed ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric (Annaya) 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +18
Conditions: Protection rom evil (80 minutes)
AC: 25 (15 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Morningstar +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, Spiritual Weapon, grace, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Magic Cirle of Protection from evil, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Blessing of Fervor, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 7 of 8 attempts remaining; Restorative Touch: 6 of 6 uses Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 uses remaining.

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Borric uses his tactical expertise to direct the group to a spot where it is less likely that one of them will end up tumbling over the edge of the spire. Then he waits to see what the creatures will attempt next. Zelena moves as directed and heals Sylvain. Sylvain feels the open wound on his back knitting closed until he feels as good as new. The witch continues to strengthen Borric and frowns as he tries to decipher the sort of creatures the three are dealing with.

The knowledge that Sylvain dredges up from the depths of his mind is not good. The creatures are demonic beings called Babau that roam the darker realms of the Moral path where destroyer deities like Grymblor of the Orcs makes their fortresses. Sylvain also knows that Babau have nasty natural attacks and (as he has experienced) can do exceptional amounts of damage when they catch a person off guard. In addition, a caustic slime covers their skin.

As the three wait to see what the creatures do next Zelena sees one appear within her range of enhanced vision. It is clearly beyond the range that Borric and Sylvain can easily see. The babau does nothing but lower itself a little to remain hidden from the two men.

GM: End of Combat Round Three: Borric is up (if he chooses to end his delay action).
Perception DC 26 for Sylvain and Borric to spot the babau.

[sblock=Combat/OOC]
Initiative: Party (17.666), Monsters (15)

Map:

Monsters:
Dwarven undead: dead
Babau1: AC 19/11/18 48/73 hp Babau2: AC 19/11/18 73/73 hp

Characters:
Borric 88/94
Sylvain 74/74 (25 healing)
Zelena 63/66

Conditions:
Sylvain: Dazzled: -1 on attack rolls and Perception checks.
Borric: Heroism: +2 (morale) on attacks, saves, skill checks. 90/90 min.
All: Bless: +1 (morale) on attacks, saves vs. fear. 8/8 min.
All: Magic Circle/Evil: +2 AC (deflection), +2 saves (resist). 80/80 min.
Dim light: negated by ioun torches (normal light indicated by yellow circles)
Babau: [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[Sblock=Intentions]Sorry, I probably should have posted this when I delayed. Borric only needed to delay for Zelena to see if she would move to center the Prot from Evil circle on the platform and vacate her square. I was going to have Borric move forward to circle around from his original spot using a full move action (not using 5ft step this time) to get between Syl and the creature that attacked him if it came over.

Then if he did not find an opponent, ready an attack where he stops. Does he actually know where the visible Babau (1?) is located in Round 3? It looks like it was adjacent to Syl at the start of the round if we have not begun Round 4 yet.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Sooo... Borric continues to delay until the beginning of Round Four? Sorry, I'm just trying to make sure I have the timing correct for what you want to do.

Zelena can clearly see the babau (being in normal light for Zelena) and, presumably, would point it out to Sylvain and Borric. I'm not sure what that would do to the babau's stealth or B & S's perception checks. +2 circumstance bonus? Of course, with knowledge of where it is a step or two would bring it within Borric's light radius.

At the end of round three, if nothing further happens from the group, the first babau teleports to F8 taking its turn after delaying. Borric could still act at the very end of round three or we could roll over into round four making it Sylvain, Zelena, and Borric's turn.[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
OOC [sblock]DM, I can't hit the DC for the Perception check, so I haven't rolled for it.[/sblock]

Sylvain statblock [sblock]Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG WikiHuman Witch 9Initiative: +6 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 74 of 74CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +7 Ref: +7 Will: +8In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 18), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 19), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 20), Glitterdust (DC 20), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism^, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 22), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
  • (5th level - DC 21)Baleful Polymorph (DC 21), Feeblemind (DC 23)
Hexes DC 20
  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric circles around to see if there are any of the creatures on his side of the group. Finding none, he move around to put himself between the other two and whatever creature attacked Syl earlier.

He winds up right next to one of the ugly buggers.

"Cor, you are tricky bastard to see."

He swings mageslayer at the denizen of this plane, going for a leg top yank it out from underneath the creature. Then he pounds the horned thing when it is down at his feet.

[sblock=Actions]
OOC: The different maps for Round 3 are confusing to me. When Borric was in E5, his light radius covers the Babau in C4. Perception 25 +2 for Heroism =27. So I am just going to move and attack him in Round 3
Move around to eventually be in D5
Gtr Trip on Babau 1 (Heroism, Fortune, PA) (1d20+22=28) assuming success, but reroll with Fortune if it is not
Fortune reroll Gtr Trip Babau 1 (Heroism, Fortune, PA) (1d20+22=42)
Shock Flail vs. Babau 1 (Heroism, PA) (1d20+18=33, 1d8+16+1d6=21)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +10
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - 29 With Prot from Evil
HP: 88 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6), Fortune, Heroism, Bless, Prot from Evil

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Shock Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]At the end of round two the babau teleported away and neither of the babau were on the platform at the beginning of round three and so weren't shown on the map. After Zelena and Sylvain took their turns and Borric delayed the 2nd babau teleported back onto the platform. The first babau delayed to see what Borric would do. After a moment when Borric just kept up his guard the first babau teleported back onto the platform at F8. So the maps were 1) pre character actions and 2) after the babau teleported onto the platform and then my OOC note that explained how the map would look at the tail end of round three/beginning of round four. I hope that clears things up.[/sblock]

Remove ads