[LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien nods and smiles. She likes treasure and this whole experience has been certainly eye opening. Returning to Haaste is not holding much interest for her anymore, particularly since her new companions have mentioned this City of Glass.

She starts collection items to put in that special bag.
"Sounds good, let's put it all in that nifty bag that will hold a bunch of things."

"Any of these things you guys want to use right away? If not I start stuffing them in the bag."

Once they completed the allowed looting of the sarcophagus and the undead creatures, she collects what arrows are salvageable and looks around.

"Now what boys, we need to finish checking to ensure no more walking dead are running loose, yet?"

OOC: Ready to start moving along
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6 Perception: +9 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +4 CMD: 18(14ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
+2 Will vs. Enchantments, +1 With Resistance
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 3/3 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
0/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 0/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor casts a little and takes time to examine Asar's greatsword. "This looks to be useful. Can I get a little help Anaerion to figure this sword out? The armor looks good. It is ______ but would interfere with what spells I do have." After Anaerion's help, Kalgor straps the greatsword in its scabbard to his back. While magical, he thinks twice about it and decides not to suggest to the paladin that the skeleton's armor is better than his own. Might be too much taint there to deal with.
[sblock=actions]cast detect magic, attempt to identify the sword (failed) and armor(succeeded).[/sblock][sblock=ooc]Ready to clear the rest of the dungeon[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Right . . . just a few rooms left.

The only part of the Crypt now unexplored is the area in the North East. You make your way unmolested back to the entrance to the only hall you've not been down (other than in the mind of the 'cat.')

Attachments

• Crypt Lower Level.jpg
    Crypt Lower Level.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 180

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion nods, and also tries to identify the sword. After some intensive staring at it he looks up and says "It is a simple enchantment, but it will be enough to fight against another shadow if we have to."

Once they reach the end of the hallway Anaerion suggest "Let us get the Dimira back to home. We can then return to clear out the rest of the dungeon afterwards."

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
"Taking the damsel home sounds like a good idea. I've run out of food, so we will have to do a bit of hunting or foraging in the forest along the way." Kalgor makes sure to toss the keys back into the well before departing. (if the rest of the party votes that way)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien nods, "Sure, that might be better. Probably with Azar vanquished the remaining undead creatures, if there are any such running around, could have just crumpled back to the ground."

She looks to the paladin to see if he has knowledge of such things.

OOC: No need to explore that remaining section on my account. ;)
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6 Perception: +9 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +4 CMD: 18(14ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
+2 Will vs. Enchantments, +1 With Resistance
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 3/3 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
0/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 0/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]RE: Taking care of the final two rooms I'm OK either way. Story wise, it'd be more cleaning up than dénouement as you've resolved the main problem and gotten the lamp lit. I know there are other opportunities waiting as well. But I'm happy to run it and am prepared to do so - just let me know the will of the group!

Put in your preference, and I'll run with whichever has the most "votes" by this evening (local time for the Mid-South of USA).

Either way, update coming tonight regarding the return to Haatse.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Your weary group makes its way slowly back to Haatse from the Crypt, not hurrying but not exactly setting a leisurely pace either. By the time you get back to town you feel somewhat better rested as well as a little more isolated from the horrors of the Crypt.

Your welcome in Haatse is extremely gratifying. It seems Roldare retained enough of his sanity to inform the Council of your doings - at least the part he understood. Mayor Uptal and the rest of the town muckety-mucks roll out the red carpet for you. You are feasted and encouraged to stay in the best rooms in The Seven Silvers, the town's only inn, free of charge.

The next morning, once you've slept in as long as you wish and eaten an excellent breakfast - also free of charge - Mayor Uptal and Dimira come calling to the Silvers. The portly mayor appears somewhat embarrassed as he speaks. "My friends, I came to express once more the sincere gratitude of Haatse and all of its citizens. Sadly, and embarrassingly for me, gratitude is all I can offer at this time. The loss of so many of our people - folk we depend upon to help tend our crops and hunt - means that we must make every copper count or we'll starve this winter.

Dimira rolls her eyes expressively . . . and somewhat immaturely . . . at the Mayor's speech. "Well, if the rest of the town won't express their gratitude in a meaningful way . . ." "Now, Dimira, you know . . .""I know nothing of the sort! And I'll say my piece, if you don't mind!" The willful teen turns back to you. "Roldare and I don't have much to offer that would be of worth to you. But our father was from a monied family, and before he was disinherited for marrying my mother he was given this ring by his mother. It's all we have to show you our gratitude for what you did for us. If it weren't for the three of you, my brother would be . . . well, even worse off than he is . . . and I'd surely be dead."

The ring is exquisitely crafted; the band is of platinum somehow interwoven with finely carved sapphire and diamond and set with a flawless emerald. On a whim, Anaerion shifts his gaze to the arcane realm and notes that the ring radiates a faint magic - almost certainly a minor enchantment to enhance its durability and 'sparkle.'

[sblock=OOC]I had some rare free time available this evening, so I decided it would be a good time to go ahead and 'run the numbers' for the adventure. If you guys decide to go back in and clear the last few rooms I'll start a new block for the XP and GP for that.

The first post has been updated with total XP and GP. [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION], I've e-mailed you my Excel Spreadsheet(s) for the second part of the adventure. I had to start a new sheet when pm spent his DMC to level Tyrien in order to keep the sheets accurate. If you'd check my numbers, we can make this part of the adventure official![/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion simply stares at the ring, noting its fine detail and obvious importance. "I have to say, this is a immensely precious gift. Are you sure you are OK with giving us this? "

He smiles simply at the mayor, saying "We are here simply to serve. I have a feeling we might go back into the crypt after breakfast to try and clear up the rest of the creatures in there."

Remove ads