[LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01)

jackslate45

First Post
"Something was stolen? Do you know what it was? Or if the grave robbers survived the encounter with Asar? If they died here, we may already have seen this item, and not understand what it was. For example, that dagger we found in the shadow room?"

"If they did escape, we are going to need to have this place searched for clues. Hopefully something will turn up."

[sblock=OOC]
My lack of sleep is effecting my memory, but did we find anything that points to anything about these grave robbers? I *think* we did, but dont remember right now.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]You found the body by the lake on your way here, as well as a body under a horse just outside the door (that one could have been one of the townsfolk).

There were clues in the original writing of the module that hooked to the second of the series, but I wasn't at all sure I'd be running that one and left those out deliberately.[/sblock]

"Indeed, the tomb raiders took an amulet from Asar's corpse; it was one of a matched set of three, each worn by one of the three founding members of our mercenary group. It looked much like this one." He indicates an amulet - or the image of one on the image of his chest, at least.

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion hesitated slightly, and looked at Tyrien before saying "We did find two bodies outside. And we have not seen anything resembling an amulet on them. Between the grave robbers and the group Tyrien was in, there have been a good number of people walking around down here."

With a thought, Anaerion says "If you do not mind Sir Haatse, can I examine the amulet more closely? I want to engrave it into my mind. This way, I can keep an eye and ear out for it when we are done here."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien is almost disappointed in the let down of nothing happening. Since her finger passes through, she experiments fully with her whole hand, in nad out repeatedly a few times.

She even sticks her head all the way inside, curious to see what the inside of a ghost looks like. All the while Sir Haaste is conversing with Anaerion.

As the mage looks over the amulet's design, Tyrien asks,
"What are these items you are going to let us take. What do they do?"

OOC: Would Tyrien know if they were local? She would have had the benefit of the NPC (Roldare & co.) party's collective knowledge if they were. For that matter Dimira is still present.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6 Perception: +9 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +4 CMD: 18(14ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
+2 Will vs. Enchantments, +1 With Resistance
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 3/3 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
0/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 0/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: The carnage just outside the "front door" is local, killed by Asar and/or his minions a few days ago.

At the inquiry of Tyrien and Anaerion, Haatse gestures to the lid of his sarcophagus. "If you'd be so kind . . ." Once you've managed to get the lid off, you find the body of Haatse laid out for his journey to the afterworld. His greatsword is laid down the length of his body, and his scale mail still gleams in the light of the Everflame. There is a small chest within the sarcophagus at his feet.

"First, know that since I am granting you these items, you'll not be subject to the curse after removing them.

"I'll not be needing my shield anymore, and one of you may be able to put it to better use than I will. Take it with my blessing. (The shield is lying across Haatse's feet - it's a +1 Bashing Shield). Within the chest you'll find a sack enchanted to hold much more than one would think possible, and all without gaining the least bit of weight; you may have this, along with the gem you'll find inside as well. Smashing the gem will bring forth a good sized creature from the elemental plane of Water to aid you. (Bag of Holding, Type I and an Elemental Gem (Water)). Finally, my armor carries a strong enchantment of luck . . . you are each granted permission to take one scale from the suit. I hope it will serve you well in a time of need."

[sblock=Haatse's Boon]HAATSE'S BOON
Aura moderate abjuration; CL 10th
Slot amulet; Price 900 GP; Weight —

This small silver scale is warm to the touch and inscribed with the sigil of Haatse, hero of the Fangwood. You can use this scale to call upon Haatse’s favor, allowing you to reroll any one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check after the roll is made but before the results are revealed. You must take the result of the second roll, even if it is worse. Once this power has been used, the scale crumbles to dust.

(Can someone a little more familiar with the pricing of unique magic items help me out a little with a value for this?)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
"Thank you for the gifts. But, I assume you do not speak for Asar. So which sarcophagus do we have to put his sword, armor and bone dust back into?"

Rummaging through his pouch, "Gotta toss this key back in the well. Dimira, did you bring this Oil of Magic Weapon in for the children? We gotta get this right."

[sblock=Haatse's Boon]Going with the Luck Domain's Good Fortune, it would be 3 x 6 x 50 or 900 gp. That is the earliest reroll a d20 effect I can find. If it were just saving throws, the bard spell Saving Finale would suffice at 1 x 1 x 50 for 50 gp.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Dimira looks confused at the gruff man's question. "Not me; we had no use for such things as far as we knew."

[sblock=OOC]We'll go with 900 GP. Thanks, SK![/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
"Thank you for the gifts. But, I assume you do not speak for Asar. So which sarcophagus do we have to put his sword, armor and bone dust back into?"

"I believe it is safe to take Asar's equipment, Kalgor. I think that because he threatened to destroy Haatse's tomb, the curse no longer applies" Anaerion says

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Indeed, you may remove Asar's remains and equipment from the tomb without fear of the curse. It is likely that anything you've found laying about was brought in by the grave robbers or the villagers as they prepared for the ritual, and could be removed as well."

Remove ads