• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Demira takes her drink, and feels much better for it even though she was apparently unwounded. It does wash away the last of the lethargy from whatever the skeleton used to keep her asleep.

"I'm not sure why the skeletons were awake this time. I've set this up for the last four years running, and this is the first time anything like this has happened! Asar's been in the Crypt as long as Haatse has . . . I guess something woke him up. It seems like I remember him saying something about 'those grave robbers doing him a favor' right before he started reading from that scroll and I went to sleep."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Returning to the scene of the last battle, Tyrien remarks, "You did not see any signs of the grave robbers then? Hmmm, what do you suppose Asar meant by favor?"

"Now that we defeated Asar, I am not sure what else could be in here that would be as fearsome or dangerous. Let us see what we can salvage from those skeletons."

She begins poking around in that chamber upon their return.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6 Perception: +9 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +4 CMD: 18(14ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
+2 Will vs. Enchantments, +1 With Resistance
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 3/3 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
0/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 0/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jackslate45

First Post
"I would imagine exactly what it suggests. Grave robbers woke up Asar, trying to take from him his valuable treasure. He killed them, and decided to wait here for more victims" Anaerion says, shaking his head slightly. "And I agree with you Tyrien. I doubt anything will pose a problem like what we just faced. Still, best to be cautious. "

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You return to the scene of your battle with the undead remains of the mercenary Asar, finding it just as you left it. A search of the minions' remains reveals only ordinary weapons and no other gear; Asar, however, wears a chain hauberk of exceptional workmanship and his sword is very well crafted as well.

There is a brazier over Haatse's crypt . . . plainly the repository of the Everflame and waiting for ignition.

[sblock=OOC]Final treasure values for this should be fairly simple. I gave out the treasure for the portion including Ravenath when he left and we brought Tyrien in. Since that time, there's not been any treasure of real value other than Asar's chainmail and sword - and I'm not sure whether or not you'll be taking that from the Crypt . . .[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor gathers his sling bullets he dropped earlier. "Well, this looks like where the fire should be. Seems an everflame should be lit already." Checking the tinderbox, "Nope. No more tindertwigs. Anybody got a way to light this? Did they give us a lantern to carry the flame back to the town? Or were we supposed to use the torches we used up?"

Satin Knights

First Post
"Ah, there's the flame, low and behind some decorations."

Kalgor searches in the bottom of the backpack given to him by the mayor and finds a small brass lantern carefully wrapped in cloth. Pulling it out and separating the glass cover, he extends the wick a bit in order to light it.

"Stand back. Not sure what is going to happen next."
Dipping the wick into the lit brazier, he lights the lantern and replaces the glass.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
While the gruff man is dealing with the lantern business, Tyrien continues looking around the chamber and poking through the skeleton remains that they fought.

She asks,
"I wonder if we can remove the weapons and armor from these defeated skeletons. Looks to me like any animated undead has forfeited the right to them and we are no longer disturbing their resting peace."

The curious girl looks around at the sarcophagus too, checking to see if the nefarious Asar did something to the remains inside.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6 Perception: +9 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +4 CMD: 18(14ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
+2 Will vs. Enchantments, +1 With Resistance
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 3/3 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
0/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 0/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jackslate45

First Post
"You are correct Tyrien, I think that the curse would not apply. It should be good to take with us." Anaerion offers as confirmation to Tyrien's suspicions.

He carefully watches Kalgor go light the lantern, and waits to see if anything happens.

Remove ads