[LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Sorry all - busy weekend (like most) and no posting from me. I'm trying to get caught up, but I've run out of time this morning as well. I'll try to get this updated tonight.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The flame from the brazier leaps almost eagerly to the lantern as it is held close, and for a moment the sounds of the dungeon fade into silence. A ghostly image appears above the sarcophagus and looks around at the carnage in the room before speaking.

"I am Ekat Haatse, and it appears that I owe you some measure of thanks for seeing my old enemy back to his eternal rest. May I have the honor of your names?"

Attachments

• Haatse.png
    Haatse.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 90

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion appears intrigued by the sudden appearance of the crypts most important person. He stares at the figure before him and says "Well me, Sir Haatse. My name is Anaerion, one of those sent to look into the what happened here." He makes a small bow, then looks up, questions brimming at the seems. "Tell me if you can Sir Haatse, how exactly did you old foe rise again? I would think something would have been in place to prevent that from happening?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien is startled by the sudden appearance of an apparition near her

She exclaims,
"Whoa! Hey, I have heard of you."

"I am curious how you are able to talk and hand out rewards, being a dead legend and all. What's it like being a ghost? Or are you a ghost? Can I touch you or will my hand pass right through?"

"What was the skeleton doing? He appeared to be quite full of himself."

In her curious prattling on, the half-elven girl realizes she forgot to mention her name, "Oh. I am Tyrien e'Adrianne. That one over there is Sir Iosef."

"The grumpy fellow is Kragor and the kitty is Galgnor. Er..."
seeing the look she gets from the summoner at getting their names wrong, she corrects herself, "Make that Kalgor and Gragnor."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6 Perception: +9 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +4 CMD: 18(14ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
+2 Will vs. Enchantments, +1 With Resistance
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 3/3 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
0/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 0/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

Satin Knights

First Post
The look is contempt. Kalgor thinks to Gragnor privately, "Thanks a lot wench! Now the one handing out curses knows our names." Kalgor spends time fishing around in his pouch to find the magic oil they had picked up earlier, but doesn't draw it out of the pouch just yet.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Haatse looks around as the party is introduced. A faint half-smile hovers about his gruff features as Tyrien chatters on in her own little stream of consciousness.

"Mmmm. One question at a time, I think, and in order. Asar was wakened by a coterie of grave robbers who came into the Crypt and stole . . . something that belonged to him. It is a more severe form of the curse placed on those who take anything else from this place that is not freely given." His hesitation is obvious as he stumbles slightly over the stolen object. "By the time the townsfolk came to make the Crypt ready for the ritual, Asar had had some days to make the place his own. I can't say for certain what his plans are, but the Asar I knew of old was endlessly ambitious; I know of no reason for him to have changed.

"Mistress Tyrien, I will hand out no rewards. There are a few items that were buried with me which I will grant you permission to take from my sarcophagus. I know not what would happen if you were to attempt to touch me; no one has tried since I entered this state."
The smile returns briefly. "You are welcome to experiment, if you wish."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien pauses in her questioning as the ghost starts providing answers, mouth hanging open ready to continue when he stops.

However, as he invites her to experiment with touching him, her mouth closes as her brow furrows in concentration. For several moments she thinks and considers whether she should try.

Eventually, overcome with the curiosity of youth, the half-elven girl reaches out a tentative finger,
"If something bad happens, take my shriveled body to the healing fountain, please."

Eyes open wide, her finger enters the space occupied by Haaste.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6 Perception: +9 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +4 CMD: 18(14ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
+2 Will vs. Enchantments, +1 With Resistance
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 3/3 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
0/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 0/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Possibly somewhat to her disappointment, Tyrien feels nothing as her finger passes harmlessly into the space also occupied by the wakened spirit, and he does not react at all.

Remove ads