• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Darkness Rising

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno looks baffled at Tyrien's words.

"Soul talking? Hurrr! I have never heard of such a thing! But to fly... ah!"

The tengu is clearly taken with the idea of flying so much so that he is apparently lost in the daydream of it. However, he sighs and turns bright golden eyes on the archer.

"No, I cannot teach such a thing."

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 38/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect: Aspect of the Falcon (+3 Perception, +1 to hit (ranged), makes bow crit threat 19-20/x3)

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien glances over her shoulder to Tonris and answers, "No, I don't think that is what he said at all. This was a dragon not a wyvern. We still have to face that other little nasty yet."

"He was saying that he has confidence that we can deal with the wyvern since we proved we can slay dragons. Is the air harder to breath when you are flying? Just curious. I already have confidence that this alleged wyvern is something we can take care."

She puts away her longbow and pulls out the morningstar with the spiked ball on the end. Taking a look at the drake's head she decides on the best way to remove the teeth.

"I only met one talking soul, and the owner was not able to teach me how to get my own to talk. Outside of suggesting to open up my skull and pull it out. No matter, anyone have any spare flasks? Since this thing breathed acid, I bet we can cut it open and get some acid out."

With the blunt weapon, she starts breaking bones in the dead drake's skull.

OOC: Take 10 on Survival for dealing with dead animals

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 43
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Larissa] A gut check is DC 20 so I will give you a bit of a gut feeling.

The way Father Renios shrugs off the well being of the two creatures that were obviously being chased by the drake is truly out of character. This odd behavior bears watching, but maybe he is just not able to focus on anything but getting the dark folk out of his monastery.

As before he is focused in getting to Stoneblade, and all other concerns seem to take a back seat. [/sblock]

After gathering a long fang from the beast Tyrien easily catches up to the group as they march in silence.

The sun starts to set on your second day and Father Renios finally speaks, "Watch for a game trail on the west path. It will lead to a campsite used by pilgrims who venture from Venza to the Stoneblade."

OOC: Perception or Survival - whichever check you prefer.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa has seemed a bit pensive since the encounter with the drake, but she nods affirmation to Father Reinos.

[sblock=ooc]Using Perception[/sblock]

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +2
AC: 21 (21 flat-footed, 10 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +9 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength
* Read Magic * Protection from Evil * Bull's Strength
* Light * Detect Evil * Protection from Evil, Communal
* Guidance * Divine Favor * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 2d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien catches up and examines the drake tooth.

"You all did not want a trophy? There was one of some ugly wolf-like head on a pike outside The Dunn Wright Inn. I am guessing it is valuable to somebody."

She puts her morningstar away and carries her longbow in hand once more. As the others are moving along, silent except for the clanking platemail of Larissa as the cleric marches along.

Concerning a campsite, she comments, "A path to the west, you say? A known campsite would be fine, but..."

"If word has reached the Stoneblade that we are coming, wouldn't this campsite be an idea place to ambush us tonight? In fact a known campsite could be a target for any bandits roaming the area."

[sblock=Rolls]Perception (1d20+12=26)
Survival (1d20+4=9)
Sense Motive (1d20+5=13)
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
OOC: Happy Thanksgiving. I will be off-line tomorrow

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Tonris listens to what Father Renios says, and begins looking around for the Game Trail, trying to see if he can find it succcessfully. "I agree with Tyrien, camping at a known campsite could present dangers. I suggest we find a safer location where we cannot be ambushed so easily, somewhere more defensible than a known campsite." With that said Tonris starts looking for somewhere that meets those requirements as well.

[sblock=rolls]Tonris Perception Roll (Result 18), Survival Roll (Result 19), the Survival Roll was a Natural 20, assuming that matters.
Rex Perception Check (Result 5) result was a natural 1, assuming that matters.[/sblock]
[sblock=tonris, mini stats]Initiative: +9
Perception: -1 (it is +1 if within arm’s reach of Familiar)
Armor Class: 13 (Flat-Footed: 12 // Touch: 12)
Mage Armor Class: 16 (Flat-Footed: 15 // Touch: 12)
Hit Points: 36 Current // 36 Total
BAB: +2 CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Special Resistances: +2 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divination Effects, and a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.
Concentration Check: 1d20 +9 (plus an additional 4 if casting defensively)
Caster Level Check: 1d20 +5
MovementBase Land Speed: 30 feet // Flying Speed: 60 feet

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +4 || Damage: 1d6+1 / 1d6+1 || Critical: 20/x2 || Double Weapon || Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +1 || Damage: 1d3+2 || Critical: 20/x2 || 10 foot reach)
Wands: Wand of Mage Armor (39 Charges remaining), Wand of Neutralize Poison (5 charges remaining), Wand of Daylight (10 charges remaining)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day). Tonris can fly for a number of minutes per day equal to his level (1 / 5 minutes per day)
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (0 / 4 minutes per day).

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (DC – 14): Guidance; Resistance; Detect Magic; Stabilize
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy, Enthrall
Third Level Spells (DC - 17): Summon Monster III; Spit Venom[/sblock]
[sblock=rex, mini stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
AC: 18, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Nat, +2 Size)
Mage Armor AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 19 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +4 Mage Armor, +2 Size)
HP: 18 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 5d8+2)
Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
Melee: – Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison, 5 foot reach)
Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 11, CHA 5
Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Eidolon Evolutions: Reach (Bite) (1)
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with Master[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno nods his agreement with Tyrien and Tonris.

"I concur with the, hurrr... wisdom of my more traveled companions."

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 38/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect: Aspect of the Falcon (+3 Perception, +1 to hit (ranged), makes bow crit threat 19-20/x3)

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group finds the path and then the empty campsite. It is back from the road and enclosed by the trees.

As they search for any hidden "surprises" Father Renios asks with a bit of sarcasm in his voice. "Satisfactory or do you wish to find an inn?"

OOC: Time of day is still a little over an hour till dark so you could go looking for a different place. Just RP if you think somewhere else would be better than a known campsite.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa's eyes narrow at the priest's words. "Father," she observes, her voice carefully neutral. "Your comrades were taken by surprise. These creatures are capable of stealth and they value ambush. My comrades' fears are justified, because if these creatures anticipated an assault like ours they would surely make exactly such preparations. I believe it wisest to move on to somewhere better concealed."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien looks to Agno, "How are you at looking for campsites? I can help, but I am not the most skilled."

"Unless, someone else has some knowledge of the area that knows of an inn around here with one or two hours walk."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads