• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Darkness Rising

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: Assuming we are indeed looking for another campsite, Tonris made a natural 20 on survival (resulting in a roll of 19) to find another campsite. So if people want to make aid another checks to help him locate another campsite that would be helpful. Unless a 19 is good enough to find another campsite. But just for reference, Tonris was already explicitly looking for an alternative campsite as of my last post.

Also, as it is kind of relevant, how much experience did we earn for the last fight?

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno's eyes widen in anticipation at Father Reinos' mention of an inn until the tengu realizes that the priest is being sarcastic. He snaps his beak in irritation and turns to Tyrien who addressed him.

"Hurrr! I am skilled at the secrets of camp-finding!" He tilts his head and stares after Tonris and Rex who seem to already be searching for a new camp. "Perhaps, we should catch up with our, hurrr... hasty companion as I know of no inns near here."

Agno stares unblinkingly at the priest though the effect is ruined by the return of Keeling to the perch on Agno's pack and a wing flapped in the tengu's face.

[sblock=OOC]Agno has a +10 on Survival and could automatically make an Aid Another check. I'll make a roll below just for curiosities sake...[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 38/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect: Aspect of the Falcon (+3 Perception, +1 to hit (ranged), makes bow crit threat 19-20/x3)

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien nods in understanding, "Well, I will help as best I can. Tonris, wait up."

"Of course is we could fly around, this might be faster and or stop and inn easier. Just saying."

The archeress is wistful and she thinks about being ale to fly. Too distracted, she is not much help.

Survival: 1d20+4=8
[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 43
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa nods to her companions and begins looking around. However she contributes little to the process.

[sblock=GM]Larissa is trying not to show it, but she is not really looking for another campsite. She is letting her companions handle that. She is watching Father Reinos' reaction to the search, and also to see if he is doing anything odd. In her most paranoid moments, Larissa might suspect the Father of marking a trail from the known campsite to the place they actually sleep.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group spends the next hour searching the woods on both sides of the road. The sun has drifted below the tree tops when Tonris calls everyone to what could be a promising spot.

The large trees keep the underbrush low and the smaller thinner trees help block sight from the road. Plenty of dead fall can be found for a good fire and so the group approaches the sight ready to bed down after a long day.

As the group moves through the darkening woods the hair on the back of their necks rise and the dreadful feeling of being watched starts to consume them.

OOC: Perception and INIT (in case you get a surprise round)

[sblock=Experience]
As of November 30, 2012 (tomorrow):

Tyrien:

days played till encounter reward 55 = 2,420 TXP
encounter XP = 300 XP
days till lvl 7; 11 = 484 TXP
Note reach lvl 7 on NOV 24th
remaining days; 6 = 366 TXP
Total XP: 3,570 (23,402xp)
Reaches lvl 8 by Time XP: 174 days (May 23, 2013)

Agno:

days played till encounter reward 55 = 1,540 TXP
encounter XP = 300 XP
remaining days 17 = 476 TXP
Total XP: 2,316 (12,427xp)
Reaches lvl 6 by Time XP: 92 days (March 2, 2013)

Larissa:

encounter XP = 300 XP
Total XP: 2,316 (14,404xp)
Reaches lvl 6 by Time XP: 22 days (December 22, 2012 <--- ominous)

Tonris:

encounter XP = 300 XP
Total XP: 2,316 (13,832xp)
Reaches lvl 6 by Time XP: 42 days (Januray 11, 2013)[/sblock]

[sblock=perrinmiller]congrats on lvl 7 - you may gain your lvl up benefits after the lvl up is approved - hope to see a good post on the change :) [/sblock]

[sblock=mfloyd3]Nothing of the sort happens. The padre does actually seem very tired as the group enters the woods. Maybe not use to all the exercise.[/sblock]

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa eyes the woods carefully before unshouldering her pack. "I will take the first watch," she offers.

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +2
AC: 21 (21 flat-footed, 10 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +9 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength
* Read Magic * Protection from Evil * Bull's Strength
* Light * Detect Evil * Protection from Evil, Communal
* Guidance * Divine Favor * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 2d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien goes about getting ready to settle in to their campsite, caring for her equipment. Checking her bows.

After some rations, she spends some time practicing. "Agno, if you wish, I can show some things with the bow."

All this time she had been spending channeling arcane energy into her arrows has developed into an interesting side effect. She no longer has to focus on doing it, suddenly they are doing it automatically. Surprised, she tries it again and again. Then she channels in some more arcane energy as before and the two auras swirl together. "Wow, this is neat!"

Feeling confident in her success, she nocks two arrows at once. She practices and sure enough, she can fire them both in a dual flight to hit on target together, an inch apart at close range. "Ha, ha. This is great, come here and see this! I might not be able to fly, nor can I get my soul to talk out loud. But archery? That I can do."

After, she settles in to get some rest, telling Larissa, "I can take the second or third. Whichever is needed." Just before bed, she casts a healing spell and removes the acid burns from earlier. She offers her second healing spell to anyone that needs it.

CLW (1d8+1=6)
[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +13 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +8 CMD: 24(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Enhanced Arrows
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno eagerly takes the opportunity to learn from Tyrien. He doesn't yet have the ability to learn the tricks she is showing him but that doesn't stop him from trying and from crowing at Tyrien's successes.

"Hurrr! Fascinating! I wonder..."

The tengu draws out an arrow and nocks it then with a look of intense concentration attemps to imbue his arrow with power like he has seen Tyrien do. Unfortunately he only succeeds in blasting an arrow across the campsite with an arc of lightning. Despite the ineffectiveness of his attempt he cackles in glee.

With all the blasting and arrow fire Keeling screeches and flies off to land in a tree and settle for the night.

[sblock=OOC]Perception: 1d20+14=29
Initiative: 1d20+3=17
Keeling's Perception: 1d20+18=26[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 38/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: before I make the rolls, I was wondering, HolyMan, would you object if I used my last 2 DM Credits to level up Tonris once before we get to our objective? Or would that screw everything up?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] I don't wish to say no as you can use your DMC whenever you choose for whatever you wish. Using them today and thus all I have to do is add to the current post XP would be great.

I still have a headache from all that math.

I will add whatever XP you gain from the DMC (and thus start your new Time XP flvl Dec 1st), but it will not effect your roll as the actual points, ranks, etc. etc. will not apply till your lvl up is approved.[/sblock]

Remove ads