• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Darkness Rising

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Larissa approaches the beast as it flaps it's massive wings, drawing up dirt and debir. Shielding her eyes a bit she still keeps one on the massive creature.

So she sees the arrows as they hit the creature... one, two, three. One strikes it in the neck and a bit of the creatures blood arches out towards her. A bit gets on her tabard and boots but it is not drenching.

The creature screams and crashes to the ground before her. It twitches and moans it's breathing labored as it slowly starts to die.

OOC: Combat over CR 4 1,200 XP

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno beams at Larissa's praise even though most of the arrow-fire was from Tyrien.

"Thank you, Larissa. No, I did not, hurrr... witness their departure." The tengu looks around worriedly. "I am more concerned to know where Keeling has gotten off to."

He whistles loudly and peers around for his familiar a moment before turning to Tyrien. "Perhaps you can tell me the secret of the rapid firing of arrows..."

As if the mentioning of secrets reminded him, Agno turns excitedly to Tonris with golden eyes wide with wonder. "You have the secret to, hurrr... flying! Oh, for Issolatha to grant me that secret! To fly must be an experience full of awe!"

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 38/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect: Aspect of the Falcon (+3 Perception, +1 to hit (ranged), makes bow crit threat 19-20/x3)

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien sees her handiwork and for the first time in her career as an adventurer, it appears her skills have saved the day or at least made it easier by far. A bit of foul smelling acid in her face would argue that it was not completely one-sided.

Gesturing off to the southeast, she says, "I think they went that way."

"Hello! It is safe, you can come baaack!"
She calls in that direction, unsure if they would hear or understand.

Approaching the fallen beast, she looks to see if any of her arrows are recoverable and replies to Agno, "It is not very difficult for an experienced archer such as myself. It is a trade off between speed and accuracy. And some practice to get it right."

"First you need to master firing arrows at short ranges and into the middle of your allies fighting hand to hand with your target. Then it a matter of practiced hand speed. Like this."
She goes through the motions of quickly drawing arrows and drawing the string back to release.

So absorbed in the talk of archery, Tyrien forgets all about someone trying to fly and the missing bird.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 43
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno's attention is quickly drawn back to Tyrien as she explains the methods she uses to fire arrows at twice Agno's speed. He watches her instruction avidly and nods his head in understanding.

"Hurrr, yes! I have the skill of the short range firing and of picking targets accurately."

The tengu mimics the quick, smooth actions of drawing and firing that Tyrien uses but his movement is slow and when trying to increase his speed his thick, claw-like fingers cause him to fumble. Despite this, he laughs and picks up his dropped arrows.

"Much practice needed, hurrr! I am thankful for the sharing of your secret and would give you a secret in gratitude." The tengu's brow turns down in a look of dismay. "But I do not know what is appropriate."

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 38/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect: Aspect of the Falcon (+3 Perception, +1 to hit (ranged), makes bow crit threat 19-20/x3)

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Tonris, still floating in the sky, looks around, sighs to himself and does a few loop de loops while floating in the air, he suddenly swoops down next to Agno he says "Flying isn't so difficult. I would have thought that you a Bird, would know how to fly. All you have to do is think happy thoughts... oh and have been dusted with Fairy Dust." with a bit of a mischievous grin.

He looks at Tyrien and says "Rapid Firing Arrows would be so much more fun from the vantage point of the sky don't you think?"

Meanwhile Rex runs up and tries to climb onto Tonris' legs which are now hanging down over the ground as Tonris is sitting in mid air as if he were sitting in a chair. Seeing his tiny dinosaur's plight, Tonris laughs and alights on the ground and resumes a standing position.

[sblock=Tonris, Mini Stats]Initiative: +9
Perception: -1 (it is +1 if within arm’s reach of Familiar)
Armor Class: 13 (Flat-Footed: 12 // Touch: 12)
Mage Armor Class: 16 (Flat-Footed: 15 // Touch: 12)
Hit Points: 36 Current // 36 Total
BAB: +2 CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Special Resistances: +2 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divination Effects, and a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.
Concentration Check: 1d20 +9 (plus an additional 4 if casting defensively)
Caster Level Check: 1d20 +5
MovementBase Land Speed: 30 feet // Flying Speed: 60 feet

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +4 || Damage: 1d6+1 / 1d6+1 || Critical: 20/x2 || Double Weapon || Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +1 || Damage: 1d3+2 || Critical: 20/x2 || 10 foot reach)
Wands: Wand of Mage Armor (39 Charges remaining), Wand of Neutralize Poison (5 charges remaining), Wand of Daylight (10 charges remaining)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day). Tonris can fly for a number of minutes per day equal to his level (1 / 5 minutes per day)
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (0 / 4 minutes per day).

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (DC – 14): Guidance; Resistance; Detect Magic; Stabilize
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy, Enthrall
Third Level Spells (DC - 17): Summon Monster III; Spit Venom[/sblock]
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
AC: 18, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Nat, +2 Size)
Mage Armor AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 19 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +4 Mage Armor, +2 Size)
HP: 18 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 5d8+2)
Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
Melee: – Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison, 5 foot reach)
Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 11, CHA 5
Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Eidolon Evolutions: Reach (Bite) (1)
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with Master[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Good post DC to bad I can't XP you again yet.

Father Renios let's his spell of sanctuary go, cursing from it's waste. But as he looks over the groups conquest he smiles a bit. "Maybe that wyvern will be no match for all of you."

He turns his head as Tyrien calls for the two fey creatures that ran off. "I'm sure their fine. And we don't have time to go off chasing them to be sure. We need to get back on the road."

He turns away from the group and does just that walking out of the tree line and back to the dirt track.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien finally looked over and noticed the man hovering briefly in the air.

"Oh yes, flying and shooting arrows sounds like grand fun. I could think of a few times I wished I could fly."

"Though, if it were that easy... like getting your soul to reply aloud when you talk to it, then perhaps I could some day. I will admit, I have not been able to master that technique either. And since I parted company with Anaerion, I have not met anyone else's soul either."

"Hmm, Agno? Are you able to teach me anything like that?"

While her chattering has been going on, she let the fey continue to flee if they chose, not concerned if they come back or not.

Tyrien nods at the old priest's desire to get moving once more, but she looks down at their conquered foe.

"Is there nothing valuable to take from such a vanquished fearsome creature? A drake's tooth maybe?"

With Larissa and the old man's pace being slow, she is tempted to collect a few trophy keepsakes and catch up afterwards.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 43
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Tonris looks at Father Renios almost as if in shock and says "You mean to tell me that there are more than one of these things in this area?" indicating the corpse of the alleged Wyvern.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa frowns, surprised by the Father's lack of concern for the fey creatures. It seems to her out of place for a priest of Helerion.

[sblock=ooc]Sense Motive on the priest -- Does he genuinely believe the fey are fine and is motivated by a sense of urgency, or is he displaying real disinterest in them? Trying to get a sense of whether the good father is really as good as he should be.
[/sblock]

Remove ads