• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Darkness Rising

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Does the good father actually get a vote? He has withheld vital information from us right from the start, and given us false information when he hasn't withheld that vital information. I mean it would have been nice for me to know that flying over that pit would have sprung a trap ahead of time in a more concise manner than he provided. I still don't even know what, if anything, that trap did to me." Tonris says to the others.

Satin Knights

First Post
"Blame the scriptures you pompous fool. Let's see what you make of this."

`The light of life shall be the stone you walk upon.'
`Time turns even stone to wisps of dust.'
`Spiders cross no crystal beds.'
`The easy path leads to failure. Just like life.'

"Yep! Those were really informative instructions. Not like we would write down how to bypass our defenses for anyone to just read."

Muttering to himself, "I swear, if Gergoi ever brings me another witch, I will turn that boy into a eunuch."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

"Yes, yes, we've been through this." Agno makes placating gestures and seems somewhat ashamed of his previous behavior towards Father Relios. "In retrospect it is, hurrr... clear, though I have no idea how the spiders and crystal beds fit into it. Before the experience it would not be so clear.

Now, I grow anxious awaiting battle. Shall we put our plan into actions?"

[sblock=OOC/Actions]--[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 43
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 36/40 remaining
9 arrows w/daybreak
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 1/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 4/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
3rd level: cure moderate wounds, daylight, fly (D)
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"How does that prophecy clear anything up? Like all other prophecies I have encountered it doesn't tell you anything until after the events have already transpired. Prophecy really is a useless artform if you stop to think about it. Do you actually know what goes into learning how to fly as a human being? It is in no way the easy path." Tonris rages quietly at the priest. "Honestly, this is why I hate most Clergy-men. Present company excluded..." he nods his head towards Larissa who has shown him nothing but kindness. With that said, he gets into position at the side of one of the two edges of the curtain, giving the Archers room to open fire once the curtain is down. He then says "If we are all ready, then I will rip the curtain off the wall to the best of my ability."

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move into position to rip the curtain from the wall via the inside of the cavern.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tonris, Mini Stats]Initiative: +9
Perception: -1 (it is +1 if within arm’s reach of Familiar)
Armor Class: 13 (Flat-Footed: 12 // Touch: 12)
Mage Armor Class: 16 (Flat-Footed: 15 // Touch: 12)
Hit Points: 42 Current // 42 Total
BAB: +3 CMB: +4 CMD: 15
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +5
Special Resistances: a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.
Concentration Check: 1d20 +10 (plus an additional 4 if casting defensively)
Caster Level Check: 1d20 +6
MovementBase Land Speed: 30 feet // Flying Speed: 60 feet

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +5 || Damage: 1d6+1 / 1d6+1 || Critical: 20/x2 || Double Weapon || Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +2 || Damage: 1d3+2 || Critical: 20/x2 || 10 foot reach)
Wands: Wand of Mage Armor (39 Charges remaining), Wand of Neutralize Poison (5 charges remaining), Wand of Daylight (8 charges remaining)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day). Tonris can fly for a number of minutes per day equal to his level (1 / 5 minutes per day)
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (0 / 4 minutes per day).
Slumber: causes the target to fall asleep as per the sleep spell. Range 30 feet. The target is granted a will save to negate the effect. If the save fails the target falls asleep for a number of rounds equal to Tonris’ level. This hex can affect a target of any hit dice level. The target will not wake due to noise or light, but it can be roused by a comrade. This hex ends immediately if the target takes damage. Due to Accursed Hex the target can be targeted again if it succeeds on its save the first time. Otherwise it cannot be targeted again with this hex for a full day.

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (DC – 14): Guidance; Resistance; Detect Magic; Stabilize
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy; Enthrall; Web
Third Level Spells (DC - 17): Summon Monster III; Spit Venom; Bestow Curse[/sblock]
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
AC: 18, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Nat, +2 Size)
Mage Armor AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 19 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +4 Mage Armor, +2 Size)
HP: 14 / 21 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 6d8+2)
Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
Melee: – Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison, 5 foot reach)
Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 11, CHA 5
Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Eidolon Evolutions: Reach (Bite) (1)
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with Master[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]If it is okay with SatinKnight, I have taken the opportunity of the downtimes between our arrival here and when we finished our fight to actually set my last two empty spell slots that I obtained when I leveled with spells that I hope will be useful during this and future encounters.[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa finds herself confused by the byplay, but tries to rally her thoughts. "With respect, it is a bit too late to choose to distrust Father Reinos," she observes. "As to prophecy, how could one speak plainly of the future without changing it? Be that as it may, we need to agree on the battle plan. We must get the Father to the spire. I fight best in hand to hand combat, while you others fight best at range. My advancing with him while you fight at range thus puts us each to our strongest task. Also, two of you fly, and so may reinforce us if we become hard pressed on the stairs. Are we agreed, then?" She asks.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien shrugs in reply to Larissa, "We'll pull you out of the fire if we can. I just hope we all are not standing in the frying pan."

"So you and the Father move up there and to the side, Larissa. Someone can pull the tapestry down and I will start shooting the daybreak arrows at whoever I see. Tonris, don't stand in the way though. Can you make sure you let me have a clear line of fire?"
She nocks the fire of the lighted arrows, ready for the commencement of her intended barrage.

She ignores the outburst from the old geezer, already getting her satisfaction over his horse pocky by charging him double.

[sblock=Actions]...[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +14 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +8 CMD: 24(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Heroism
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining, Daybreak Arrows (38/40)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
The father and Larissa sneak behind the tapestry to the right while Tonris goes left. Agno and Tyrien knock arrows and prepare to fire.

Giving the tapestry a heavy snap, it falls to let the light from the cavern into the room. Relios and Larissa are shielded in shadow by the stone wall the are pressed against.

[sblock=Agno and Tyrien]Tyrien is able to see two stalkers hiding behind a kitchen table, looking up, searching above them. Agno would have to side step to see around the doorway. Agno does see the stairway instead, and the lower portion seems clear of stalkers. Many dead bodies that have been charred litter the ground.

citadel4b.png
[/sblock][sblock=Tornis and Lyrissa]Relios (AD10) and Larissa (AD10) are cloaked in shadow. Part of a large table that is in your way is illuminated. Neither can see the towering staircase, but Relios knows it is in the center of the room. Tonris spent the surprise round action dropping the tapestry, triggering the surprise. He stands at AD5 with Rex at AD4. Just at the limits of the light, one stalker is hiding, looking up towards the center of the room. A few dead, charred bodies are strewn about on the floor.

citadel4a.png
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Surprise round] Surprise round, standard or move action
Moving in the darkness DC 10 Acrobatics skill check to move faster than half speed.
All BLESS +1 Attacks and Saves vs. Fear 4.5 minutes
63/63 AC 22 Larissa ~ Bull's STR 4.6 min, +5 Stealth, move 30', Heroism
43/43 AC 18 Agno ~ bow in hand ~ 9 daybreak arrows,
18/18 AC 17 Keeling (shoulder perch)
42/42 AC 13 Tonris ~ knocked down tapestry as standard action
20/21 AC 18 Rex ~
5?/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace and wand in hand,
56/56 AC 23 Tyrien ~ bow in hand ~ 38 daybreak arrows, Prot f/Evil 4.5 min, +5 Stealth

39/39 AC 19 yellow dark stalker
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

"Hurrr, the stair is clear. What I can see of it. That's all I can see; I need a better vantage point, especially if I am to be useful as an archer." The tengu frets and Keeling picks up on Agno's mood and moves about restlessly. Despite his anxiousness he holds his position until something happens and he feels it necessary or receives orders to move from one of the others.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Delay[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 43
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 36/40 remaining
9 arrows w/daybreak
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 1/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 4/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
3rd level: cure moderate wounds, daylight, fly (D)
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Larissa]Relios takes Larissa's hand with his that is also holding the wand. Pulling her along gently while slightly crouched, he moves eastward along the wall in measured, silently counted steps before pausing and turning ninety degrees, starting north.

Now Relios is at AC15 and Larissa is at AD15. That used Larissa's surprise round move, unless she wants to ignore his tugging and do something different.[/sblock]

Remove ads