[LPF] Faith and Good Works

Systole

First Post
"Where are you going?" Rattegift cackles, slashing at the battle dancer but missing. "Wh ... argh!" the horrifying aberration says as its feet go out from under it. "I was going to save you, to study ... but you are beginning to annoy me."

GM: Update, since I'm here. Acrobatics roll not good enough (30 needed). However, AoO missed. Then Reflex failed. Rattegift is prone.

Fury is left for the round.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury groans and clambers up to his feet in time to see Rattegift slip and land on his back. A faint smile turns up the corners of his mouth and he wonders how the mutated man likes the feeling.

"It's not the falling on my backside I mind so much as it's the getting hit by the tree-trunk just before that bothers me," he mutters.

Tilting his head to pop his neck he advances on Rattegift in dancing starts and stops designed to throw off an attacker.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Move: stand from prone
Standard: move to D11; Acrobatics to avoid AoO: _: 1D20+21 = [12]+21 = 33
[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 7 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 72 Current: 57
CMB: +8 CMD: 24 Fort: +4 Ref: +14 Will: +6

In Hand: rapier
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Rattegift climbs to his feet, ignoring the rogue's attacks. "There you are!" he cackles. He slashes across Fury's chest with a giant claw.

rattegift_mutate.jpg

[sblock=GM]Sorry about the delay. I live and work around Boston, and it's been crazy here, and my family has been going nuts. (I actually used to have a Thursday night live game about three or four houses over from where the guy was caught.)

Rattegift stands up, drawing an AoO from Fury. Rattegift hits Fury for 15.

Mutant Rattegift: AC 24 (23 FF). 15' reach. 9 damage (barely scratched). Feint DC is 24.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
TOMB_15-1.png
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer

Fury stabs Rattegift as the mutated madman climbs to his feet. The slashing blow that Fury takes in turn leaves him reeling and he presses one hand to his chest and when he brings it away his palm gleams red.

"C'mon, my friends, we should all get in on the beating." You aren't sure whether he means the giving or the taking of the beating, however.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]That's gotta be a mess, Systole. I hope you and your family are all ok.

AoO: 1d20+15=25, 1d6+4=5. Otherwise, delay until he sees what either Cythera or Bren are doing.[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

HP: 72 Current: 42

Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Known:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren winces in sympathy as Fury as the monster's claws rip into his chest. "I've a few tricks up my sleeve before I close with the creature, Fury, but rest assured we're with you! Bob and weave, my friend, bob and weave!" Advice given, the Aasimar closes his eyes and begins a prayer to the Gods of Irthos, asking that they send a servant to invest him with a portion of their Holy power. His arms shoot out to the sides and he raises his countenance to the ceiling, from whence a shining beam of light falls full on his form . . . and the runes marking his golden skin begin to glow. The area around Bren is filled with coruscating light; it flickers and flows across Rattegift's monstrous face and body, causing the madman to flinch.

[sblock=Actions]
  • Free: Maintain Advice (All gain +1 Attack and Damage, +1 Saves vs. Fear/Charm)
  • Standard: Archon's Aura (Rattegift makes a DC 19 Will Save or suffers -2 Attack Rolls, Saving Throws and AC for 6 minutes or until he hits Bren with an attack)
  • Swift: Activate Ki Defense
  • Move: to G12 Acrobatics: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 26 (23 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 60/62
CMB: +8 CMD: 26 (+10/28 Bull Rush)(+10/28 Grapple)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +08 Will: +17

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (06/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (08/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (05/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera forgets finesse and moves in to get into position as fast as possible, hoping Bren will be able to keep them alive while the large maniac pounds on her and Fury.

"Time for raw power, I think!"

She risks the sweeping long arms and gets right up close, switching to her large sword. In an overhand stroke, she slashes down to bite deep with the blade.

[sblock=Actions]Move to G10, Activate Arcane Strike and Quick Draw Greatsword. Dropping Glaive
Attack: Greatsword (Bless, Advice, FF, PA, AS): 1D20+14=26; 2D6+20=27
If she cannot get close enough, she can use the attack roll for glaive and you can roll damage for it instead.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 35 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Bless (+1 Att), Advice (+1 Att/Dmg)

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword
Chakram: 7/8 Claws: 3/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 1/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 2/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 1/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 01/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer

Fury steps to one side trying to get into the position that he and Cythera have worked out to be most advantageous for their combined combat style. His efforts are to no use as his stabbing attacks fail to strike Rattegift. Though he misses he flashes a grim grin at Cythera's successful strike.

"Good work, Cythera!"

[sblock=OOC/Actions]5 ft step to D12.
Full attack action: _: 1D20+14 = [4]+14 = 18
1D6+4 = [2]+4 = 6
4D6 = [6, 3, 5, 6] = 20
1D6 = [2] = 2
1D20+9 = [8]+9 = 17
1D6+4 = [4]+4 = 8
4D6 = [6, 6, 4, 5] = 21
1D6 = [1] = 1
[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

HP: 72 Current: 42

Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Known:

Systole

First Post
The tentacles sprouting from Rattegift's shoulders seem to have minds of their own: one strikes a bruising blow against Bren as he moves into position, and the other narrowly misses Cythera as she steps forward. And while Rattegift slashes at Fury with tooth and claw, the tentacles slam into the battle-dancer and the priest. The rogue evades the killing attacks, causing Rattegift to roar in frustration. "Stand still so I can tear you into little pieces!"

rattegift_mutate.jpg

[sblock=GM]RETCON ALERT: I rolled the wrong die for Rattegift's attack last round. Fury took 11, not 15. Sorry!

Rattegift makes the Will save against the aura. Hits Bren for 10. Due to Combat Reflexes, he gets an AoO on Cythera as well. Cythera did not make the Acrobatics roll, but Rattegift misses anyway. I counted several times, but the closest I can do for Cythera is G9. If I'm missing something, let me know. Otherwise, glaive damage is 26.

Rattegift full attacks. Tentacle hits Bren for 9. Tentacle hits Cythera for 12. Claw/claw/bite on Fury all miss.

Mutant Rattegift: AC 24 (23 FF). 15' reach. 40 damage (moderately injured). Feint DC is 24.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
TOMB_16.png
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

[Sblock=OOC]I counted Cythera's movement at F6->G7 as 10ft movement. Then H8->G9->G10 as 20ft movement.
I think the actions are going to be the same either way this round, only the end square being different and the results for Fury.[/Sblock]
Cythera is wounded again and grits her teeth to fight through the pain.

"Enough of your talk, die already!"

She keeps swinging her large sword powerfully, trying to cleave into the maniac.

[sblock=Actions]5ft Step to G10 or G11, Activate Arcane Strike and Quick Draw Greatsword. Dropping Glaive
Full Attack: 1st attack (Bless, Advice, FF, PA, AS): 1D20+14=28; 2D6+20=27 + Precision Attack Damage: 1D6=3
1st attack (Bless, Advice, PA, AS): 1D20+7=13; 2D6+20=28

[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 23 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Bless (+1 Att), Advice (+1 Att/Dmg)

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword
Chakram: 7/8 Claws: 3/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 1/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 2/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 1/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 01/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer

Fury thanks any gods that might be listening that he managed to avoid Rattegift's claws and bite. He makes a couple of quick stabs at the creature. The first hits, a pinprick wound that oozes blood, and the second misses entirely. Despite his rather lackluster combat performance Fury smiles.

"And while you are not tearing me into little pieces thanks to my Planks-trained footwork my friend back there is chopping you into sausage."

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Full Attack: Attack 1: 1d20+14=24, Dmg: 1d6+4=7, Sneak: 4d6=9, Precise: 1d6=5, Attack 2: 1d6+9=14, 1d6+4=7, 4d6=22, 1d6=2 First hits, seconds misses. Dmg 7 or 21 if we have flank.[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

HP: 72 Current: 46

Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Known: