[LPF] Faith and Good Works

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

"I rather enjoyed those tricks and puzzles," says Fury.

He also seems to enjoy picking through the rubble that is the Architect's tomb though any time he finds a broken item that might have been valuable at one time he frowns, shakes his head, and says, "Such a waste..." He takes a brief look at the journals but quickly passes them off to Cythera and Breninyr with a rueful shrug. "All that's beyond me."

Fury scowls at the symbols on the wrathspawn gear and the copies of Serroth's scripture. "These religious types are totally beyond my comprehension. These sects of Serroth battling for what? Right to wear the big hat?" Not being a religious man he shrugs and decides to leave it to those who know about such things. "I suppose Ben will be interested to hear about this. What do we do with that?" He motions towards the Architect's weapon and armor. "Almost seems wrong to take it, but with the state of the crypt seems rather pointless to leave it."

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 7 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 72 Current: 72
CMB: +8 CMD: 24 Fort: +4 Ref: +14 Will: +6

In Hand: rapier
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera nods in agreement, "Now that the tomb is open, it would be irresponsible to leave it behind, I think."

"Particularly in light of the entries about this Brother Darktail. Remember what we heard before? I really do not think it is looting if we try to take as much as we can back to Ben for safekeeping."

"I think we should take everything with us and rest up for night in the chamber above where we can be safe from intrusion in the hidden room. I have a funny feeling that Rattegift was not the only maniac that is involved that we need worry about and we used up much of our powers in this last dance."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 87 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 7/8 Claws: 3/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 1/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 2/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 1/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer

Fury nods his agreement to Cythera's plan as he surveys the damage to the Architect's tomb.

"Agreed. Though I imagine this Darktail is off furthering his plans. So, rest in safety, a final look through, then back to the dwarves to give them warning. I'm afraid they'll take the brunt of it if Darktail comes looking for vengeance." Fury pokes idly at the bone dust in the sarcophagus. "Unless he's got what he needs from Rattegift already."

• Orlando Furioso •

Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Known:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren looks around sadly at the devastated temple, picking through the bits and pieces left behind. "I agree that these pieces should be returned to Ben. So sad to see a holy place defiled in this manner; possibly your young friend will be able to arrange to have it re-sanctified. And I also agree that there is likely another mind behind this ruin.

"But the real question on my mind is whether or not there are more of the wrathspawn around. My original mission, after all, was to take care of this pestilence for the dwarves."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 26 (23 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 32/62
CMB: +8 CMD: 26 (+10/28 Bull Rush)(+10/28 Grapple)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +08 Will: +17

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (08/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (06/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (05/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cythera gestures to the cavern opening, "Tomorrow we can exit in that direction and look to see if we can track some of the remaining wrathspawn."

"From what we saw in here, the only ones remaining are going to be the ones that were sent out before our arrival. There could be many. Maybe by traveling around this Darktail person will also have difficulty finding us until we are ready to track him down as well."

She takes a look at the armor itself and wonders if a certain lecherous dwarven armorer could refit it for her frame. Refit without the gemstone decorations on the breasts.

Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Bless (+1 Att)

Chakram: 7/8 Claws: 3/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 1/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 2/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 1/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Aasimar nods at Cytheria's words. "Suits me, my lady. The day is yet young, though. How shall we pass the timeuntil we're ready to go on?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref

Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (08/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (06/07)

Prayers Available
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The party collects the Architect's armor, and after some deliberation, the keys as well. After that, another night in the hidden room passes uneventfully. Exiting via the cave leads out to the far side of the mountain, which involves a very different set of trails than the ones that led you to the tomb. It's a slightly longer and more roundabout journey to the village from the cave than from from the mouth of the tomb, and it's late afternoon before you arrive back at Copperhead.

The village headman is there to greet you, as dour-looking as ever. "Aye, you did something did you? The beasties are still about, but I've reports that they're not attacking our caravans any more. The travelers said they're heading north in a single-minded sort of way, but that's hardly our problem. Good work, I suppose." He favors Bren with a long look. "And I reckon that means our treaties with Irthos will stand, though I'd appreciate more prompt attention in the future. If you've goods, we'll take them at the standard price, and I'm sure we can dredge out a bounty for your successes." He grunts and trudges off without waiting for a reply.

The elderly dwarves also come out to greet you, and after the headman is done with his grudging approval, they lead you back to the inn, eagerly awaiting stories of your exploits. Arsenalt is also there. It's clear that his throat is paining him and he says nothing, but there's no question that he wants to know what lay beyond the tomb's door ... what the man with the wicked pick was looking to find and what cost him his voice so many years ago.

GM: We're essentially done, but I did want to give you a last chance to interact with some of the NPCs before wrapping up.

Morgrimm_150.png
Arsenalt_150.jpg

.. Morgrimm Renlow ..... Arsenalt Hume ...

GlassEye

Adventurer

Fury greets the dwarven elders with a respectful bow and eagerly follows them to the inn.

"Ah, Masters of Stone and Steel, we are honored by your welcome. And we have the story of what happened to us in the mountain tomb, continuation of the tale begun four, maybe five, days ago by one of your very own." He nods towards Arsenalt Hume. "I must warn you, though. This is not the end of the dark tale." He'll go on to tell of their foray into the Architect's tomb only exaggerating slightly when he describes Cythera as the fierce warrior woman, Breninyr as the wise tactician, and himself as the plucky sidekick.

Finishing the tale of their final battle Fury spreads his hands wide and gives a shrug to indicate he doesn't know how it ends. "And so Rattegift's master, this Dark Tail, most likely the man who injured your own Master Hume with his wounding pick, still remains out there somewhere calling his wrathful minions to rally somewhere..." He motions vaguely towards the north and slumps down onto a chair. "Now, I could use an ale..."

[sblock=OOC]Perform (oratory): 1d20+15=21[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Known:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren walks along boldy with his new friends, striding into the inn but keeping himself in the background as Fury relates the tale of their adventures. Though somewhat embarrassed at the bravo's embellishments of his actions, he decides that any help he can get in dealing with the surly dwarves on behalf of Irthos would be needed and keeps his thoughts behind his teeth.

At Morgrimm's comments, the priest nods acknowledgement. "I'll relay your concerns and your wishes to my superiors at the first opportunity, sir. I'll be able to get a message to them as soon as we reach the embassy in Venza."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref

Prayers Available
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cythera joins in Fury's performance by reenacting the battle scenes with her own dancing. Then she adds in visual effects with a spell that has minor images under her control. In the end, she is satified for an adequate performance, but it was not her best by far.

"I think we should have some wine, Fury. We earned it."

Perform Dance (1d20+17=24) & Minor Image

Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
1st Level 5/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 2/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Remove ads