[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Aura

Explorer
Jonas really lets out a roar this time, and the little flying imp grasps his ears in obvious pain as he flutters around a bit randomly for a moment, as if staggering from the sheer power of it. "Ah...." he begins, considerably deflated compared to his regular screaming tone, "Had enough of that... really."

[sblock=Saving Throw]He missed that one. Full damage + dazed.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Dunkel, smash," Dunkel suggests as he grows stronger right before striking.

OOC: Using Strength Surge, then attacking the nearest chair. Dunkel gets a +2 to the strength attribute for this combat round. Edit: Unfortunately, this isn't how Strength Surge works, so he doesn't use Strength Surge and the damage should be 8 instead of 9. :(

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Mini-Stats
[sblock]
AC: 18, AC Touch: 11, AC Flatfooted: 17
INIT: +3 = [DEX (1) + Trait (2)]
BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: 16
Fortitude: +7, Reflex: +3, Will: +8
Speed: 20 ft
Masterwork Battleaxe: Attack: +5, Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, Special: S
Sling: Attack: +3, Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Range: 50 ft
Channel Positive Energy: 3/4
Spells Prepared:
Level 0 (4) Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink
Level 1 (4+1) Magic Weapon, Remove Fear
Level 2 (3+1) N/A

- Resistant Touch (Sp): As a standard action, you can touch an ally to grant him your resistance bonus for 1 minute. When you use this ability, you lose your resistance bonus granted by the Protection domain for 1 minute. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. (6/6 times)

- Strength Surge (Sp): As a standard action, you can touch a creature to give it great strength. For 1 round, the target gains an enhancement bonus equal to 1/2 your cleric level (+2) to melee attacks, combat maneuver checks that rely on Strength, Strength-based skills, and Strength checks. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier (6/6 times).

Spells Used
Level 1 (4+1) Bless, Enlarge Person, Protection from Evil
Level 2 (3+1) Bull's Strength, Remove Paralysis, Shatter, Remove Paralysis
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=DT]Unfortunately, the Strength Surge ability has no provision for taking less than a Standard Action when used on self. (By contrast, a Paladin's Lay on Hands ability specifies what happens.) However, in respect to having the most fun possible here, I'd like to offer you the option of just calling it a roleplay issue and getting your 8 points of damage (which is still 3 through) rather than changing the IC text and giving the bonus to an NPC. Just alter your OOC to reflect what option you'd like.

Aside: If you were ever in the market for a rebuild of Dunkel, I'd suggest the Ferocity Subdomain. It does what you're looking for in this sort of situation. Strength Surge is rather oddly written, and RAW, seems to be saying the combat benefit is Attack and Combat Maneuver rolls, but oddly does not specify damage. (It's not a bonus to the strength score itself.) Just something to consider.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Aura
[sblock]
Thanks. A rebuild might be just what the doctor ordered, but I think we went through several painful iterations of group-think just to get Dunkel's domains picked and the character going. The experience sort of put me off the thought of generating clerics for LPF in the future.
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"Yes, I'm sure we've all had enough of a number of things here..." Wahyu muttered before incanting. Stepping away from the mobile furniture so that he could concentrate, he again had the spirit detach from him, and again it lashed out at the little monster. Satisfied, he looked again at the chairs, and delved deep into his memory, to see if he could recall something, anything regarding this enchantment.

Map

[sblock]Knowledge (Arcana) (1d20+6=13)
Spiritual Weapon Attack (1d20+9=13) I guess that destroys an image.[/sblock]
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]Wahyu
AC: 18* (16* flat-footed, 15* touch)
HP: 25/37
CMB: 2 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger (+4, 1d3+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Shielf of Daith (+2)*
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/8
Spells Remaining (2nd): 1/5

Used Items:
Bolts (2/20)
Abilities Used:
Voice of the Grave (3/4 questions asked)[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
With a deft swipe, Wahyu's dancing blade dissapates one of the babbling bad guy's images, although there are yet several more protecting him.

[sblock=Kn:Arcane]What is being asked? About the chairs or the images?[/sblock]
[sblock=Left to Act]Cruendithas! :)[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Oh, I meant the chairs, but I'm pretty certain I didn't roll high enough to reveal much anyway. I'm also certain that I'm probably gonna stop using Invisible Castle soon because this is pure nonsense. :p[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Wahyu's Kn:Arcane]Well, Wahyu knows enough that these things are mindless, and as such not to attempt any spell that effects a person's mind. That's about it. Otherwise, it's been observed that large doses of kinetic energy poisoning seem to do the trick.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue watches the events in action trying to discern how best to help the group bring down this flying foe. As Hawk takes a hit from the chair once again he does as he has done before; try to keep Hawk on her feet and in the fight. He once again sends some healing magic to Hawk as the summoned eagle once again attempts to claw the Homunculus.

[sblock]
CLW on Hawk 1D8+5 = [1]+5 = 6
Eagle attack 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14 dam
1D4 = [4] = 4 attack2 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22 damage 1D4 = [4] = 4

ooc: sorry for the delay. My schedule has changed and still adjusting a bit.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 42 current: 42
CMB: +2 / CMD: 13 Fort: +2 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand, wand MM in main hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights3/4, Ghost Sound1/1, Prestidigitation1/1, Speak with Animals1/1
Arcane Strike +1/Magic Missile 1/2

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 1/5 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify
2nd Lvl Spells: 1/3 per day
Tongues, Pilfering Hand, Summon Monster II

Archaeologist's Luck (+2) rounds/day: 3/7

Wand CLW 8/10
Wand MM 20/25

eagles rounds 2/5
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Round 8 - The Round the Music Died

Cruendithas finds himself having to dodge chair legs as he works his magic, but he manages to successfully cast a healing spell on Hawk. The raging warrior's wounds partially close, and with renewed vigor, Hawk lashes out at the chair, nearly rending it from back to seat. However, despite extensive physical damage, the mindless minion fights on.

Abruptly, Mystie's song comes to an end. She coughs and sputters, forcing a swallow before raising backing Bubba away from the closest chair and, holding her hand above her head, sending out another burst of healing energy, helping mend most of her allies.

The chairs continue their attack, but seem unable to land a leg on Hawk, Cruendithas or Dunkel, clearly losing against the amount of healing done by Mystie and Cruendithas. The little homunculus shakes his head and finally gets his bearing, although Jonas' spell did seem to give a moment of peace from his incessant screaming. He barely gets out a chortle at the bird trying to kill him, but running into the invisible protection aura surrounding his tiny body. The eagle screeches in frustration.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]BigB, you forgot to roll a concentration check for your spell, but I rolled for you and you made it. Cruendithas heals Hawk for 6.
Hawk then attacks Chair B for 20, 15 after hardness.
Mystie channels positive energy for 10 healing to all.

Notes:
(1) The eagle cannot hit the homunculus because of protection/good.
(2) Bard's Song is over. Mystie has run out of rounds/day.

Chair B misses Hawk
Chair C misses Dunkel
Chair D misses Cruendithas
Homunculus loses his action to daze

Map: http://beta.ditzie.com/79736/560d90c2e1748

Combat Actors
Jonas AC17 -- 5 dam(49) / Bless
Hawk AC18 -- 17 dam(62) / Bull's Strength, Bless, Prot/Evil, Raging, Reckless Abandon
Crue AC17 -- 0 dam(42) / Bless
Wahyu AC16 -- 0 dam(37) / Bless, Vanish
Dunkel AC18 -- 0 dam(34) / Bless
Mystie AC14 -- 0 dam(45) / Bless
Homunclulus AC19 / CMD15 / Touch 17 -- 16 Dam / Prot/Good, 18' altitude, mirror image (2)
ChairA AC14 / CMD15 / Touch12 -- destroyed
ChairB AC14 / CMD15 / Touch12 -- 35 Dam / no effects
ChairC AC14 / CMD15 / Touch12 -- 21 Dam / no effects
ChairD AC14 / CMD15 / Touch12 -- 0 Dam / no effects

I had a tooth extracted today, and the pain is just starting to set in. Glad I got this out. Here comes the pain.

Round 8 EVERYONE UP[/sblock]

Remove ads