[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue yells to the eagle "The chair, the blasted chair!" He feels trapped and wants to escape these chairs. As the eagle swoops in with talons grabbing for the chair Crue calls forth a blob of acid to toss at the offensive chair as well.

updated map

[sblock]
eagle attack chair D 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
damage 1D4 = [4] = 4
second attack 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
damage 1D4 = [2] = 2

1st crit check 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5
2nd crit check 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12
no luck there with crits
Crue concentration check 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13
ranged touch attack acid blob 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21 damage 1D3 = [3] = 3
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 42 current: 42
CMB: +2 / CMD: 13 Fort: +2 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand, wand MM in main hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights3/4, Ghost Sound1/1, Prestidigitation1/1, Speak with Animals1/1
Arcane Strike +1/Magic Missile 1/2

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 1/5 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify
2nd Lvl Spells: 1/3 per day
Tongues, Pilfering Hand, Summon Monster II

Archaeologist's Luck (+2) rounds/day: 3/7

Wand CLW 8/10
Wand MM 20/25

eagles rounds 1/5

[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"A change of tactics seems to be in order," Dunkel mumbles. He then takes a five foot step away from the chairs, and pulls out a sling.

OOC: I don't think I can attack this round once I swap weapons. :( Still can't access Ditzie. Would someone be so kind to move me...

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=DT]There is not yet anywhere Dunkel can step to and get away from the chairs, he's hemmed in along with Cruendithas and Hawk. If you wish to change your action, you can, since you can't see Ditzie to tell you where things are.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"Out of my reach, my friend! But not out of reach of this, I think!" Jonas drops his flail, quickly unslinging the great bow at his back and knocking an arrow.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
Longbow Attack (1d20+8=25) for Damage (1d8=3). Could really have used a crit there . . . but I'll take a hit as the next best thing.
[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 19 (14 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 29/49
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +12
CMB: +07 CMD: 19 (+9/21 vs. Trip)
Fort: +07 Reflex: +03 Will: +05
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Much to Cruendithas' dismay, his acid blob comes into existence not yet fully formed, and splats harmlessly against the back of the hardwood animation. The eagles's talons both strike true, but the animal is having trouble digging into the tough wood the chair is made from. Although harried from multiple sides, the chair mindlessly continues on.

Dunkel, thinking twice about his situation, slides in next to Hawk with the intent of using his sling. Although not immediately clear of enemies, Hawk corrects the problem for Dunkel with a slash of her greatsword, turning the chair into a misshapen pile of hardwood. With little to say on the matter, she steps up to one of the remaining animated chairs and prepares to repeat the trick. Seeing the opportunity, Dunkel hangs his axe from his belt and pulls out his sling.

Jonas takes careful aim at the implike creature, and releases an arrow. It seems to strike true, but instead of sticking to the target, it passes through an illusory image and the image disappears, leaving two targets left, one of which is likely real.

Mystie watches the battlefield pensively, then unslings her crossbow and loads it, apparently following suit of a number of the other heroes.

The two remaining pieces of animated furniture continue to do battle, and the one Hawk stepped up to immediately begins swatting her down with its front legs. Up towards the ceiling, the homunculus casts a spell and the floating hand he created previously rushes forward and touches her, further tearing down the little warrior. Looking at the number of heroes pulling out missile weapons, the tiny necromancer thinks a moment, "Oh, low on chairs and you all have bows and stuff. Uh oh... uhhh... Chairs, kill them faster! Put your backs into it!" He laughs at his own mirth.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]Hawk attacks chair B, hitting for 23 points of damage, 18 after hardness. ChairB is destroyed. She then steps 5' south, on top of the scattered remains of ChairA.
Dunkel moves 5', 'sheathes' the axe and draws the sling.
Jonas' arrow strikes an image, removing it.
Chair C attacks Hawk twice, hitting twice for 12 damage.
Chair D attacks Cruendithas twice, missing twice.
Homunculus casts chill touch and uses it on Hawk courtesy of previously cast spectral hand. It does 4 damage but Hawk resists the Strength loss.

Corrections:
(1) The DC for defensive casting is 15+2n, where n is the spell level. Therefore, for a cantrip, 15 is necessary and Cruendithas, unfortunately, failed. Normally the spell is lost, but since it's a cantrip, it just isn't successfully cast this round.
(2) I could not find an open space for Dunkel, so I picked on one the contingency Hawk would destroy the badly damaged chair. That worked out and Dunkel is not in a threatened square by the end of the round, allowing him to 'sheathe' his axe without facing an attack of opportunity.
(3) Wahyu is not able to arrive at the destination he's intending by running. Running requires a few things, and two of them are: must be in a straight line, may not be over difficult terrain. I gave him a double move to get him as close to the desired destination as possible. Remember, the clutter on the table-top make every one of those squares difficult.

map: http://beta.ditzie.com/79736/56160be1a57d2

Note: I've been having very real concentration issues, if you see any mistakes let me know, this round was tricky.

Combat Actors
Jonas AC17 -- 5 dam(49) / Bless
Hawk AC18 -- 34 dam(62) / Bull's Strength, Bless, Prot/Evil, Raging, Reckless Abandon
Crue AC17 -- 0 dam(42) / Bless
Wahyu AC16 -- 0 dam(37) / Bless, Vanish
Dunkel AC18 -- 0 dam(34) / Bless
Mystie AC14 -- 0 dam(45) / Bless
Homunclulus AC19 / CMD15 / Touch 17 -- 16 Dam / Prot/Good, 18' altitude, mirror image (1)
ChairA AC14 / CMD15 / Touch12 -- destroyed
ChairB AC14 / CMD15 / Touch12 -- destroyed
ChairC AC14 / CMD15 / Touch12 -- 21 Dam / no effects
ChairD AC14 / CMD15 / Touch12 -- 0 Dam / no effects

Round 9 EVERYONE IS UP![/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel let's fly with his sling stone, trying to hit the flying spellcaster.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

[sblock]
AC: 18, AC Touch: 11, AC Flatfooted: 17
INIT: +3 = [DEX (1) + Trait (2)]
BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: 16
Fortitude: +7, Reflex: +3, Will: +8
Speed: 20 ft
Masterwork Battleaxe: Attack: +5, Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, Special: S
Sling: Attack: +3, Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Range: 50 ft
Channel Positive Energy: 3/4
Spells Prepared:
Level 0 (4) Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink
Level 1 (4+1) Magic Weapon, Remove Fear
Level 2 (3+1) N/A

- Resistant Touch (Sp): As a standard action, you can touch an ally to grant him your resistance bonus for 1 minute. When you use this ability, you lose your resistance bonus granted by the Protection domain for 1 minute. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. (6/6 times)

- Strength Surge (Sp): As a standard action, you can touch a creature to give it great strength. For 1 round, the target gains an enhancement bonus equal to 1/2 your cleric level (+2) to melee attacks, combat maneuver checks that rely on Strength, Strength-based skills, and Strength checks. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier (6/6 times).

Spells Used
Level 1 (4+1) Bless, Enlarge Person, Protection from Evil
Level 2 (3+1) Bull's Strength, Remove Paralysis, Shatter, Remove Paralysis
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Finished talking once more, Jonas sends another arrow whirring through the air toward his little flying foe; this one misses the homonculous, splintering against the wall behind it with a loud crack.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
Longbow Attack (1d20+8=14)
[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 19 (14 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 29/49
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +12
CMB: +07 CMD: 19 (+9/21 vs. Trip)
Fort: +07 Reflex: +03 Will: +05
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg

Crue steps forward out of reach of the chair. With space to breath he draws on his inner strength once again to send missiles after the Homunculus. Reciting the arcane phrases hi hand bursts with 3 missiles that fly unerringly to the Homunculus. The eagle once again harries the chair although its talons do nothing to damage the hard chair and it dissipates back to where it came from.

updated map

[sblock]
magic missile 1D4+1 = [1]+1 = 2 1D4+1 = [4]+1 = 5 1D4+1 = [2]+1 = 3 for total of 10 pts

eagle attack chair 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15
1D4 = [3] = 3 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13 1D4 = [1] = 1

[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 42 current: 42
CMB: +2 / CMD: 13 Fort: +2 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand, wand MM in main hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights3/4, Ghost Sound1/1, Prestidigitation1/1, Speak with Animals1/1
Arcane Strike +1/Magic Missile 0/2

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 1/5 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify
2nd Lvl Spells: 1/3 per day
Tongues, Pilfering Hand, Summon Monster II

Archaeologist's Luck (+2) rounds/day: 3/7

Wand CLW 8/10
Wand MM 20/25

eagles rounds 0/5

[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I don't know if you mentioned it before, but how tall is this hall? Would the homunculus still be in melee range (for a medium character) even if it ascended to the ceiling?[/sblock]

Remove ads