[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Ceiling]The max height of the ceiling is 30' at centerline arch. The target has been hovering at 28', although this was in error in my part, now that I think about it. The ceiling is 28' where he is, so he's more likely at about 25'. See posts 718 for the initial word description and 730 for the statement of dimensions.[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Wahyu continued his dash across the room, while his magic blade finally struck true against its target.
Updated Map
[sblock]Double move, weapon attacks and finally hits: Spiritual weapon (Attack): 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25[/sblock]
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]Wahyu
AC: 18* (16* flat-footed, 15* touch)
HP: 25/37
CMB: 2 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger (+4, 1d3+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Shielf of Daith (+2)*
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/8
Spells Remaining (2nd): 1/5

Used Items:
Bolts (2/20)
Abilities Used:
Voice of the Grave (3/4 questions asked)[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
The Cheese Stands Alone

Dunkel and Jonas both take aim at their tiny adversary, but he bats and weaves very effectively, and neither can hit him. However, Cruendithas' magically directed bolts of energy strike home, causing the homunculus to take notice of the gnome and glower menacingly. The scything blade doesn't steal his attention from the gnome, even through it scores a glancing hit that further weakens the group's enemy. Hoping to capitalize on the situation, Mystie brings her crossbow to her shoulder and shoots, but her arrow passes through the last of the fake images, destroying it but causing the target no harm.

Meanwhile, Hawk is left to face the chairs on her own. Slashing wildly at one, she connects solidly and causes it to splinter, leaving the remaining parts unable to continue their attack. However, just as the halfling braces for the attack of the other chair, the squaky voice of the homunculus can be heard, "Chair... cover me! Move to the doorway!" And with that, the imp-like creature makes a bee-line for the door, screaming at you all the while, "And to think we could have had tea! Instead you kick me out of my home? What kind of world is it we live in where a man can't...." You think there is more, but the tiny creature has since flowing through the open doorway (at maximum altitude of 10'), and turned right, heading out of sight and presumably up the stairs. Whatever rhetoric he has, it is beyond people's ability to hear, given the noise of a hectic battle.

The chair stands alone. It scuttles to the appointed location, braving the snapping jaws of Bubba, with no ill effect. Some distance behind it is its fleeing master.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]Rolling for Wahyu's spiritual weapon, hits the target (not an image), and does 5 points of damage.
Hawk hits, doing 20 points of damage to ChairC (15 after hardness).
ChairD moves, and Bubba's AOO on the chair misses. The chair is holding a reserved action.
The homunculus flies through the doorway which the group originally came from. He's moving VERY fast. Breaking LOS to Wahyu has a side effect of ending the spiritual weapon spell.

map: http://beta.ditzie.com/79736/561f421923dd3

Combat Actors
Jonas AC17 -- 5 dam(49) / Bless
Hawk AC18 -- 34 dam(62) / Bull's Strength, Bless, Prot/Evil, Raging, Reckless Abandon
Crue AC17 -- 0 dam(42) / Bless
Wahyu AC16 -- 0 dam(37) / Bless, Vanish
Dunkel AC18 -- 0 dam(34) / Bless
Mystie AC14 -- 0 dam(45) / Bless
Homunclulus AC19 / CMD15 / Touch 17 -- 31 Dam / Prot/Good, 10' altitude
ChairA AC14 / CMD15 / Touch12 -- destroyed
ChairB AC14 / CMD15 / Touch12 -- destroyed
ChairC AC14 / CMD15 / Touch12 -- destroyed
ChairD AC14 / CMD15 / Touch12 -- 0 Dam / no effects

Note: Before anyone stresses out, let me assure you killing the homunculus is not necessary as part of the scenario. However, you are most welcome to try, of course--I frankly haven't given any thought about what your options over the next round or two are, I'll let you all worry about that. :)

Round 10 EVERYONE IS UP!
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=DT]After putting away the sling, you have a move action left. Since your BAB is +1 or greater, you can conduct the drawing action as part of a move, allowing you to close in on the remaining chair 20'.

EVERYONE ELSE is still up.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
"Did he run away or to some other sinister purpose that we may find worse than the annoying imp?"Crue looks about wondering what new danger awaits them. "Perhaps we should finish the chair and move on into this lair of evil."

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 42 current: 42
CMB: +2 / CMD: 13 Fort: +2 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand, wand MM in main hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights3/4, Ghost Sound1/1, Prestidigitation1/1, Speak with Animals1/1
Arcane Strike +1/Magic Missile 0/2

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 1/5 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify
2nd Lvl Spells: 1/3 per day
Tongues, Pilfering Hand, Summon Monster II

Archaeologist's Luck (+2) rounds/day: 3/7

Wand CLW 8/10
Wand MM 20/25

[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Wahyu panted heavily, having just exerted himself so. He certainly couldn't make another madd dash across the room, and he could see from the remaining tunnels that they would be heading this way soon anyway.
[sblock=OOC]Holding action this round.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas lowers his bow, but keeps the arrow knocked. He looks longingly at the door through which the little flying creature disappeared.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
Longbow Attack (1d20+8=14)
[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 19 (14 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 29/49
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +12
CMB: +07 CMD: 19 (+9/21 vs. Trip)
Fort: +07 Reflex: +03 Will: +05
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel attacks the remaining chair with his axe.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Mini-Stats
[sblock]
AC: 18, AC Touch: 11, AC Flatfooted: 17
INIT: +3 = [DEX (1) + Trait (2)]
BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: 16
Fortitude: +7, Reflex: +3, Will: +8
Speed: 20 ft
Masterwork Battleaxe: Attack: +5, Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, Special: S
Sling: Attack: +3, Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Range: 50 ft
Channel Positive Energy: 3/4
Spells Prepared:
Level 0 (4) Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink
Level 1 (4+1) Magic Weapon, Remove Fear
Level 2 (3+1) N/A

- Resistant Touch (Sp): As a standard action, you can touch an ally to grant him your resistance bonus for 1 minute. When you use this ability, you lose your resistance bonus granted by the Protection domain for 1 minute. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. (6/6 times)

- Strength Surge (Sp): As a standard action, you can touch a creature to give it great strength. For 1 round, the target gains an enhancement bonus equal to 1/2 your cleric level (+2) to melee attacks, combat maneuver checks that rely on Strength, Strength-based skills, and Strength checks. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier (6/6 times).

Spells Used
Level 1 (4+1) Bless, Enlarge Person, Protection from Evil
Level 2 (3+1) Bull's Strength, Remove Paralysis, Shatter, Remove Paralysis
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Dinner Battle Over

Dunkel engages the last chair, right alongside Hawk, doing their best to tear the automaton down as quickly as possible. Despite the flagging power of Hawk, the group is eventually able to beat down the last menace, and quiet falls upon the dining hall. Dishes and utensils lay scattered here and there from people running over the tops of the table, and destroyed furniture litters the floor. The odd whispering returns as torchlights flicker, reminding you of the unsettling features of the place. However, somewhere in the midst of it all, you smell brewing tea wafting from one of the open doorways, which seems to be the kitchen. The other exit on that side leads to the living quarters, and on the other side, exits lead to the study and magic workshop.

You seem to be the masters of all you survey.

[sblock=Fight Over]With nobody making a daring move to re-establish LOS to the homunculus, it's going to be able to get away. It has the higher movement. Hawk has run out of Rage and is exhausted. Just let me know what you wish to do in terms of investigation and such, and I'll tell you the results. Also, I'll tally up the experience--I'm sure at least one person is leveling, maybe more.[/sblock]

Remove ads