• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Scourge of the Howling Horde

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago notes the byplay between the elf and the half-elf, and decides to reply to the tengu instead.

"You juxtapose the symbol of the bird and the sun and make it representative of our journey," he observes, half amused, half intrigued. "It sounds as if you are formulating an alchemical transformation. The distinction between the object and its symbol must be negated to complete the process." The last is spoken as if it is a well-known principle.

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +0;
Current Weapon in Hand: n/a

Extracts prepared:
Level 1: Shield, Cure Light Wounds

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
Falchion: Attack: +2 = [BAB (00) + Strength (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 2d4+3, Crit: 18-20/x2

Dagger: Attack: +2 = [BAB (00) + Strength (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
(melee) Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 19-20/x2

Dagger*: Attack: +2 = [BAB (00) + Dexterity (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
(ranged) Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 19-20/x2

Sling*: Attack: +2 = [BAB (00) + Dexterity (+2) + Misc (00) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2,50' range increment

Bomb*: Attack: +03 = [BAB (00) + Dexterity (02) + Misc (+1) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d6+3, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied),
Special: Make 6 bombs/day

Acid Flask*: Attack: +2 = [BAB (00) + Dexterity (+2) + Misc (+1) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d6+3 direct, 4 pts splash, Crit: 20/x2

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Oh yes, I will gladly watch her backside. . . Seems embarrassed for a moment as of picking up on something no one else heard.

"Clever word play aside, that sounds acceptable, I was thinking you might like some distance for that bow. I only ask that if we come across some people who look like they may speak the common tongue you let me step forward first. I may save you some ammunition."

[sblock=Denizel's Stats]Denizel
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 8 Current: 8
CMB: -1 CMD: 11 Fort: +0 Reflex: +4 Will: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow
Current Conditions in Effect:

Spells Remaining: 1st level 2/2
Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 15), Disguise Self
0: Daze, Light, Message, Prestidigitation [/sblock]

OOC: That walking order looks good to me. Better from a, dear god I don't want to die, standpoint.

Systole

First Post
"Words," she says dismissively. "But so be it. As long as we understand each other."

She whistles, and Boots perks up. "Fifteen paces," she orders.

"You got it, boss!" The eidolon salutes, bringing a front paw to his forehead, and then obediently trots ahead.

"And don't roll in anything!"
she calls after him. "I mean it!"

OOC: Boots will range about 40' ahead. Scent gives him a 30' (more or less) autodetect on a bunch of stuff. I imagine the group will do 10' spacing?

@ScorpiusRisk Sylla would prefer archering, but she can flank and fight defensively while Boots shreds 'em if need be. Also, your LPF wiki character link seems borked.

Hmm ... maybe I should have picked a reach weapon? Oh well.

EDIT: Can someone help me tell the damn difference between this color and this color? I'd like something that's a basic grey for Sylla, and I can't tell these two apart due to color blindness, but I suspect one of them is greenish.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Sylla the Grim
AC: 17 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +2 CMD: 16
Fort: +0 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 2

Boots
AC: 14 (12 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Perception: +4 (Scent)

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno seems momentarily confused by the shuffling of the order of march and hunches over even more than usual with his feathers ruffled but accepts whatever place that gets sorted out around him. His tendency is to lag, however, putting more space between him and Sylla than might be wise in his eagerness to continue his conversation with Iago.

"Hurrr, yes! But the alchemical transformation occurs in the alembic of the Prime, and the distinction can only be negated by following the formula of the Revealer. Hurrr... not only, I suppose, since the Moral path describes many methods of... negation, as you call it, though I prefer 'axis of symmetry'. It is all... hurrr, complex and I am just an acolyte of little knowledges."

Agno bobs his head to Sylla and brushes dust from his clothing.

"My apologies, Sylla. I wasn't trying to roll in the dirt; I was only seeking the wisdom of the goddess, hurrr."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft.

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none

Lightning Arc: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 6/6 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 3/3
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize[/sblock]
OOC: Those two colors look to be identical shades of gray to me.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
As you get yourself sorted into a traveling order, you notice that you forgot where you are putting the pack mule in this parade. The journeymen and heroic adventurers that walk by into the Dunn Wright Inn, smirk and chortle as they walk past you into the tavern.

[sblock=OOC]I have the pictures for tokens now (including the mule), thanks.

@ScorpiusRisk , If the mule is going to be a fixture, please put the stats on your Character Sheet for Denizel. Large quadrupeds can carry value for their Strength score multiplied by 3. The link for Denzil is not working to his Wiki sheet. If you quote my opening post you can copy the correct BBCode if you need.

@mfloyd3 , I don't need all those weapon data in your mini-stats, but if you need it that's okay.

@Systole , I have a color blindness issue too.:cool: I would not use gray though since some tend to use that for short OOC comments. I would suggest orange or yellow given what the others are using.

Not to throw a wrench into things. The mule needs to be placed in the marching order somewhere. Also, you can go two abreast when outside, no reason to go single file. EDIT: 10' spacing in single file will really spread you out in outdoor encounters.

Lastly, if you use more than 3 lines of OOC comments, I prefer them to be in a spoiler block.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Sylla growls at Denizel, "That's your beast?" She turns to the tengu walking in and out of place in line. "And you..." she begins but trails off. She exhales slowly. "Gods, it's like I've inherited a pack of Bootses."

"New plan. Prettyboy and the mule are behind me. Phoenicus can bring up the rear with Iago, since that's where he seems to want to be. Any objections? Are we ready?" Her tone suggests the consequences for not being ready would be dire.

[sblock=ooc]Boots 40' out, Sylla, Denizel/mule, Iago/Agno?

When I said 10' spacing, I meant 5' between party members, so that each party member got 10' of personal space. Was that what you thought I meant, and is that the right way to say it?

Do these colors clash? Man, it was easy picking out a color for Daylily. Grungy green. Simple.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Sylla the Grim
AC: 17 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +2 CMD: 16
Fort: +0 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 2

Boots
AC: 14 (12 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Perception: +4 (Scent)

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
"That seems fine," says Iago, clearly distracted by Agno's explanation to the point where he misses Sylla's implicit threat.

"Can you explain to me your representation of the Prime?" he asks the Tengu. It is clear he is delighted to be having this conversation, and intends to continue it all the way to the hamlet.

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +0;
Current Weapon in Hand: n/a

Extracts prepared:
Level 1: Shield, Cure Light Wounds

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
Falchion: Attack: +2 = [BAB (00) + Strength (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 2d4+3, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb*: Attack: +03 = [BAB (00) + Dexterity (02) + Misc (+1) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d6+3, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied),
Special: Make 6 bombs/day

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno seems pleased with Sylla's comment and makes the throaty rumble that seems to signify pleasure or laughter.

"Thank you, Sylla; I find Boots' company brings happiness and good feelings, hurrr... is cheering. But a pack of boots is silly; unexpected humor for happy travelings! Thank you!"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft.

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none

Lightning Arc: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 6/6 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 3/3
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize[/sblock][sblock]Of the colors you've used I like the gray and red the best despite gray sometimes being used as an OOC color. The gray is neutral and light enough that it is easy to read. I find the purple color that you've used for Sylla a little dark to read easily; maybe a tan or light brown? You can also use hexadecimal color codes if you want.

Do either of you have difficulty with Agno's lighter purple or the two shades of green used by Iago and Denizel?

Oops, cross-post. Not ignoring your comments, mfloyd. Gotta get ready for work now so I'll edit or post again a little later today.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Okay, how about this?
1 square = 5ft
SHHEnc1Map00A.jpg

EDIT: I can read everyone else fine, even the original colors for Sylla and Boots. I agree with GE, stick to Dark Red and Gray instead of the Purple.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yeah, after I walked away I realized I liked the grey a lot better. Thanks all.

@perrinmiller I think mules are 5x5. I couldn't find mule stats, but assuming they use pony stats, they'd be medium-sized. If that's the case, the mule would be D32 and Dez at D33 or vice versa.

No problem with the colors anyone is using.

Speaking of cross-posting, my apologies for starting out the thread the way I did. I'd assumed I was going to be the only person who had to buy groceries. My bad.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads